SwitchPup - puplet for the severely disabled

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
Ted Dog

#76 Post by Ted Dog »

Funny you should be thinking the same way I do, there must be a post some where describing my adventure with a wheelchair battery the low cost mele 1000 ARM and a like DLP device that runs nicely and many hours from such a setup. I used a high capacity rechargeable iPhone charger to power my mele1000 during long compiles or important work, it can go a dozen hours before shuting itself off to keep from harming the battery. But the same device can also power the DLP device at 12v for about 10 minutes.

Ted Dog

#77 Post by Ted Dog »

http://www.ksat.com/news/ut-medicine-ta ... index.html

Ideas used to help UTHSA-ALS clinic , free talking computers for those effected.

My doctor is shown and this idea :wink: shown on TV news. Sweet!

mikeslr

Ratpoison -- mouseless window manager

#78 Post by mikeslr »

Hi all,

just wanted to bring to your attention that Billtoo has made available a pet of Ratpoison which enables windows to be managed entirely via keyboard entries.
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 237#739237

mikesLr

greengeek

#79 Post by greengeek »

Thanks Mike, I have been looking at ratpoison and also DWM as possibilities for my voxpup project.:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=90391
I think the tiling functionality might suit these purposes quite well.

standard7452

#80 Post by standard7452 »

Hello all,

I had some serious family/health problems happen since i visited this forum and requested help for the individuals I work with.

Thank you for all of your time working on this. I am now back on the job and I am so sorry that I didn't get back in touch.

I am reviewing the thread to see what I have missed because you guys did such an awesome job on this.

Thanks!
Will Best

standard7452

#81 Post by standard7452 »

I cannot believe what this community put together...I was just able to download and run SwitchPup.

Wow, I feel terrible that I fell off the face of the earth, but this is the solution I had hoped and dreamed for!

I am using SwitchPup with one of my guys today and tomorrow and will upload some video of them using it, just so you know your contributions were not a futile effort considering my lack of involvement as the requester.

Thank you!

Will Best

greengeek

#82 Post by greengeek »

darkcity wrote:I have a friend who has limited upper body strength. He can't sit up to use a keyboard but can use a game controller. Could this pup be adapted to work with a game controller.
Atle wrote: i hope for a hint on what is the best puppy solution and also if there are other Linux distroes that will be good for a joystick user.
Just wanted to note that mikeslr posted a joystick pet in another thread here