Net gear with usb connection

cooltechkathy

Net gear with usb connection

#1 Post by cooltechkathy »

Thanks tempestuous again we will have to compile the driver because we both use non pae version although technically i could use pae with 4 gb or ram and mike cannot use it since he has less than 1 gb of ram. I will compile the driver if you can suggest that I need to compile just the driver or compile the kernel with the driver if that is what I need to do? Can you clarify? I am used to compiling software but have not done it in a while. Let me know and thanks again and I would like to hire you to help compile puppy linux in the future and when I start selling systems with it installed. You would be a very valuable addition to our team. Thanks again.

tempestuous

#2 Post by tempestuous »

I only just discovered this forum thread. I think it would have been more logical to reply in one of your original forum threads.
cooltechkathy wrote:technically i could use pae with 4 gb or ram and mike cannot use it since he has less than 1 gb of ram.
The Puppy "PAE" kernels generally work fine on computers with less than 4GB of RAM - I'm posting from such a setup right now. But if you insist on sticking with the "noPAE" kernel, you will need this information -
"How to compile the kernel and drivers for Puppy"
http://www.puppylinux.com/development/compilekernel.htm

In your other forum thread, "how to use realtek driver supplied with wireless n usb?" I also gave some advice regarding the AirCard 4G modem.