steam

Play with your Puppy.
666philb

#76 Post by 666philb »

i don't use spot so not sure .... you could give it a go

[/url]
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

PurpleMarble

#77 Post by PurpleMarble »

Just a quick question.

Doesn't this violate the steam user agreement/terms of service?

bigpup

#78 Post by bigpup »

If you think it may violate.
How?
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

666philb

#79 Post by 666philb »

i believe it's ok...
(i) you must distribute the Program in its entirety;......check

(ii) you may not modify the Program, except that, in the case of the Linux version of the Program, you may modify scripts and other documentary and graphical files, but not any files containing the term “bootstrap
Last edited by 666philb on Sat 17 Oct 2015, 05:27, edited 1 time in total.
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

bigpup

#80 Post by bigpup »

With Steam really pushing the use of Linux.
You seem to have looked it over.
You made the adjustments to conform to what Steam requires.

I think the Steam Police wil not be hunting you down :lol:

If someone uses this.
Who makes the money?
Would that be Steam :!: :shock: :shock:

Steam still seems to be in development of the Steam OS.

I wonder if this program and a version of Puppy, could be a good working alternative to the Steam OS. :idea:
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

HoerMirAuf

#81 Post by HoerMirAuf »

Thanks for steam 666philb!

Works great in my slacko. But because its a litte unpleasant to set another Game folder by hand (dont want it in /mnt/home or /root/.local/share) i replaced your pinstall and add a little Installer script to set e new game save folder.

Will run by installing steam or you in /usr/bin/Steam-Installer

steam.pet
Attachments
steam.png
(19.13 KiB) Downloaded 1053 times
[size=75][color=blue]Bionic64[/color][/size]

openocean555

#82 Post by openocean555 »

Thanks again for steam pet.
Steam has been working great on several puppies on this old dell inspiron
with intel graphics. I just frugal installed the new Slacko64 on a 32 gig thumb drive.
Many of my steam games that work on lucid and tahrpup 32 bit will not work on slacko64 but older steam games do work. I installed the 32 bit sfs as many have suggested.
The steam error says "glget error cant find required opengl entry point ,Either your video card is not supported or your opengl driver needs to be updated.
I do know my dell laptop with intel graphics runs these games great on 32 bit puppies such as lucid and tahrpup but not on slacko64.
Any suggestions?
Cheers
Dell Inspiron 2x Pentium (r) dual-core cpu 2 gig ram with Slacko64 frugal install on 32 gig thumb drive

666philb

#83 Post by 666philb »

openocean555 wrote:Thanks again for steam pet.
Steam has been working great on several puppies on this old dell inspiron
with intel graphics. I just frugal installed the new Slacko64 on a 32 gig thumb drive.
Many of my steam games that work on lucid and tahrpup 32 bit will not work on slacko64 but older steam games do work. I installed the 32 bit sfs as many have suggested.
The steam error says "glget error cant find required opengl entry point ,Either your video card is not supported or your opengl driver needs to be updated.
I do know my dell laptop with intel graphics runs these games great on 32 bit puppies such as lucid and tahrpup but not on slacko64.
Any suggestions?
Cheers
do you get the same errors on tahrpup64?

openocean555

steam on slacko64

#84 Post by openocean555 »

Ok, well i did not try tahrpup64 yet. However I noticed that after I updated the slacko64 package manager and installed chrome that steam would work for streaming games.
And Streaming Steam games is really the best thing for old laptops like this because I'm streaming from my powerful desktop computer to my laptop. This only works well with a wired connection . If you try using a wireless connection the game will be slow and lag.
This really works well if you have a good desktop computer to stream from.
Just to clarify things, After updating the slacko64 package manager and installing chrome on my old laptop, I could then start the steam program on my old laptop and play streaming games streamed from my powerful desktop computer in the other room to my old laptop. This works great.
Thanks again for making the steam pet.
Dell Inspiron 2x Pentium (r) dual-core cpu 2 gig ram with Slacko64 frugal install on 32 gig thumb drive

Illutorium

#85 Post by Illutorium »

[UPDATE]: Resolved. Only Firewall hardware (from Orange [Weh... Orange it's does more evilness for Steam players at Login and FTP users...] will be obstacle for Login. When I installed at One Game on OOTB. Yay!

HTPC: Asus A53U (Laptop without display for HDMI)