What about meat ?

#1 Post by linuxcbon »

Today, this is given to cows, beef, porks, sheep, chicken, ... :
hormones to grow faster,
antibiotics against diseases,
pesticides against insects,
herbicides against vegetables,
gmo food...

Meat can be mixed with fat, bones, sugar, water, conservatives...

Some years ago, they gave dead cows to feed cows.

And recently, they sold horse meat and forbidden sheep as beef.

And recently, they found 30% of halal food was pork.

And for one kilo meat, they use thousands of liters of water, and tons of fertilizer made from oil. That's why rain forests in Brasil and Indonesia are becoming farms.

Of course, many research documents and companies, will tell you, don't worry, be happy. Ok...

darkcity

#2 Post by darkcity »

Most of what you describe is the side effect of an economic system which under values life and that which sustains life, ie animals, plants and the earth.

linuxcbon

#3 Post by linuxcbon »

darkcity wrote:Most of what you describe is the side effect of an economic system which under values life and that which sustains life, ie animals, plants and the earth.
Exactly, for money and greed, life is destroyed by some humans, wars and all that are also a consequence of human greed. Greed is death.

bugman-2.0

#4 Post by bugman-2.0 »

It's very easy to not eat meat. It's almost impossible to convince others not to.

Bligh

#5 Post by Bligh »

I am not a vegetarian because I Like animals, I am a vegetarian because I hate vegetables.
Cheers

8-bit

#6 Post by 8-bit »

Bligh wrote:I am not a vegetarian because I Like animals, I am a vegetarian because I hate vegetables.
Cheers
Could you or other vegetarians answer a question for me that has bugged me?

Why is it that vegetarian meat substitutes are made that are supposed to taste like meat?
It just seems a true vegetarian would not want to digest anything that looked or tasted like animal meat products.
I kind of like a food from a movie called Vacation.
The relation in it prepared barbecued hamburger helper without the hamburger.
So in effect, they were probably eating a barbecued meatless pasta.

bugman-2.0

#7 Post by bugman-2.0 »

8-bit wrote:
Bligh wrote:I am not a vegetarian because I Like animals, I am a vegetarian because I hate vegetables.
Cheers
Could you or other vegetarians answer a question for me that has bugged me?

Why is it that vegetarian meat substitutes are made that are supposed to taste like meat?
It just seems a true vegetarian would not want to digest anything that looked or tasted like animal meat products.
I kind of like a food from a movie called Vacation.
The relation in it prepared barbecued hamburger helper without the hamburger.
So in effect, they were probably eating a barbecued meatless pasta.
If you love meat it can be difficult to give it up. Some people cannot just quit, cold tofurkey.

Bligh

#8 Post by Bligh »

I am not a vegetarian, I just liked the line which I copied from another forum.
Cheers

darkcity

#9 Post by darkcity »

It all depends on the reason the person is vegetarian - and there are many reasons.

If its because they don't like the taste of meat - I doubt they would eat meat flavoured burgers, unless they are also a masochist.

If its becase they don't want to kill animals (but love the flavour of meat), then they might well enjoy a meat flavoured burger.

---

BTW burger and sausage shaped food is no more related to animal products than vegetable etc.

rokytnji

#10 Post by rokytnji »

hormones to grow faster,
gmo food...
You city boys are so funny. We meat eaters out in the country don't deal with that.
Even roof rabbit tacos don't have preservatives. :lol:

sickgut

#11 Post by sickgut »

Step one in controlling the population and folding them into being your servants is to completely destroy the natural environment so that the populace has no choice but to eat the food you provide and make them pay for it and become part of the ruled society.

Once that step happens, you can put whatever the **** you want in the food and thats that. Force the populace to eat your GM and poisoned food.

Ted Dog

#12 Post by Ted Dog »

rokytnji wrote:
hormones to grow faster,
gmo food...
You city boys are so funny. We meat eaters out in the country don't deal with that.
Even roof rabbit tacos don't have preservatives. :lol:
Yep, can`t figure how they can screw up a cow so badly, grass, water, sunshine = the cheapest way to raise them. They pay top dollar in the city for the stuff found in any little city TX meat market, plus if you go to a German sounding place they have dried sausage, home made jerky. great now I,m hungry should I go to Granzin's Meat Market or Penshorn's Meat Market or head over to Poth or Lockhart?

Ted Dog

#13 Post by Ted Dog »

I'm off to Wiatrek's (V AT tricks, yes a V sound not a W) Meat Market in Poth TX. The map-thingy shows a route ALL country road, Ice chest, dog are in the truck. Yes thats Polish and not German but they got jerky that tastes just like smoked BBQ brisket
Need to point out that Polish beef peppered jerky is unbelievable hot scoville scale of peppers, not just black pepper. :oops:

Dewbie

#14 Post by Dewbie »

linuxcbon wrote:
Meat can be mixed with fat, bones, sugar, water, conservatives...
Have you ever seen Texas Chainsaw Massacre? :lol:

Ted Dog

#15 Post by Ted Dog »

Well I've got my fill of meat thanks to this thread, got a few pounds of beef bone that I finished roasting up for the dogs (and human they left a few chunks of meat on most bones) some very spicy breakfast sausage, and some bbq jerky and dried sausage.

Found out they ship across the USA at http://wiatreksmeatmarket.com/ so I'll share the joy... 8)

Bruce B

#16 Post by Bruce B »

sickgut wrote:Step one in controlling the population and folding them into being your servants is to completely destroy the natural environment so that the populace has no choice but to eat the food you provide and make them pay for it and become part of the ruled society.

Once that step happens, you can put whatever the **** you want in the food and thats that. Force the populace to eat your GM and poisoned food.
Do you think so? I wouldn't have, until I read one probably two diplomatic cables that were 'released'.

The cables said things about France unwillingness to buy GM seeds which means to say Monsanto.

The problem I found that was shocking to me, was the attitude of going to war over France's unwillingness to buy our stuff. Not a military war, but war time operations to force France's hand.

I'm sorry that I don't know how to access those cables today.

~

darkcity

#17 Post by darkcity »

Its an inherent design flaw of most cities- they have to import most of the food, water and energy supplies and export waste materials. This is very inefficient, and leads to the people being vulnerable - whether this was intentional is another matter.

nooby

#18 Post by nooby »

I agree that it is terrible how they treat the animal
and also treat us due to we eat meat that has too much
of those hormones in them.

The solution would be that each family have their own backyard
with Pig and Hen and what they find to work where they live.
that way they have some control over what kind of food they give
to the animal? Left overs from their own meal that day.

Another factor is that we are too many that compete for the food.
The local farmers get out competed. The basic trust person to person
buying food from somebody you personally know to treat the animals
in a good way get lost.

When I where kid we still had wild fish in the lakes and at the sea.
My Dad fished once or twice a week to get us such food affordable.
We where too poor to pay for fish from the local store.
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

linuxbear

#19 Post by linuxbear »

My mother was born in '26,
back then almost all food in Britain was organic. I sometimes wonder if her generation will outlive my boomer generation in average lifespan because they had a better diet

linuxbear

#20 Post by linuxbear »

nooby wrote:
When I where kid we still had wild fish in the lakes and at the sea.
My Dad fished once or twice a week to get us such food affordable.
We where too poor to pay for fish from the local store.
When I was a kid we did a lot of ocean fishing and caught Florida Stonecrabs in a trap. We also caught mud-bugs in lakes. We were not poor, it was just something we liked to do as a family. Mud-bug is southern US slang for this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crayfish
Stonecrab is the best crab I have ever had, but it's a little difficult to find outside of Florida: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Stone_crab.jpg
Mud-bug etouffee http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:05310 ... ouffee.jpg