Thanks for Woof CE 6 and Tahr Pup

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
playdayz

Thanks for Woof CE 6 and Tahr Pup

#1 Post by playdayz »

thanks to all the developers, contributors & testers ......
barry k, 01micko, shinobar, mavrothal, giro, rcrsn51, zigbert, sfr, peebee, wjaguar, james c, billtoo, musher0, don570, wyzguy, radky, sszindiian, live, B.K.johnson, brownmouse, pemasu, gcmartin, and anyone i've forgot to mention.

tahrpup was only possible because of 'woofCE' ,maintained by 01micko and contributed to by various others.... all the hard work went on there
All I can say is Thanks and Congratulations to 666philb and 01micko, I understand as well as anyone that the hard work went on in Woof CE and 01micko and his gang, including mavrothal, iguleder, shinboar, I bet, I am sorry I haven't kept up--they have raised Puppy to higher ground. 01micko has carried some heavy freight. But what 666phil has done is also an extraordinary amount of work for the rest of our benefit. I am hoping that he will be able to coordinate several versions and that all Puppians will help him test and debug. With a new version of Slacko if 01micko chooses, plus maybe a 6.0 LX version, it could be a new Golden Age for Puppy.

I like Pale Moon and use the 64 bit windows version for work. However, there is a problem with the new version 25.x not running some Firefox addons. Probably others have mentioned this already. Just something to watch out for.

Whoa, I can't even post in the right thread anymore :roll:
Last edited by playdayz on Fri 21 Nov 2014, 21:34, edited 2 times in total.

bark_bark_bark

#2 Post by bark_bark_bark »

Pale Moon is the best browser out there.

torgo

#3 Post by torgo »

I'm at the "I know just enough to be dangerous" stage of learning Puppy and development, so I haven't taken on Woof CE quite yet. But I do know it's a massive undertaking, so a major THANK YOU to 01micko for taking the lead role and to everyone else making it happen.

I'm doing what I can to test Tahr. I seem to be pretty good at breaking things...

Outstanding job on Tahr, 666philb, You've delivered an absolute winner very quickly in the LTS cycle. Amazing, and VERY much appreciated.

I do have to say I liked SeaMonkey in Precise as well as Pale Moon - particularly after downloading a new version of SeaMonkey and copying its files over the older version just to get up to date with it.

They're both good browsers, and I find them to be very much alike. But Pale Moon is easier to keep updated once you download that installer from the Pale Moon web site. That .sh script makes it an excellent choice for a default browser.