PeasyGlue

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
greengeek

Re: I need more precise adjustment

#31 Post by greengeek »

Pelo wrote:But viewnior could do very eayly the job if we could not show the borders. Then you had only to align two pictures on desktop at your convenience..In french we call that 'panoramique'
OK, I understand now. I see what you mean about viewnior. I remember reading somewhere about how to set the border characteristics of a window - you could change the roundedness of the corners and I think also remove borders. I do not remember where it was but will post back if I find it.

You may also want to consider a program called "Mashup". It is very handy for gluing photos together - although it has one problem that I have not solved yet. When I bring photos of different sizes in to the program it resizes the smaller one so the imges no longer overlap correctly. This is not a problem if working with photos that come from the same camera. (mostly a problem if using two images cropped from different parts of the same original.

EDIT : Oh, I see you have already tried Mashup but with crashes. I use it ok on Slacko 5.6
link here

EDIT2 :
Pelo wrote:Inklite is not bad, but does not record as Jpeg or PNG. Inklite is very good. In fact.
Did you try the "file, export" function? I imported two .png files then joined them, then exported them and it produced a png file output. (When using export bitmap function use the "drawing" tab rather than "page" or "selection")

rcrsn51

#32 Post by rcrsn51 »

To build panoramic images, see here.

Billtoo

PeasyGlue

#33 Post by Billtoo »

Hi rcrsn51

I noticed your peasy glue utility in my 32bit Slacko 14.2 install.
I gave it a try with my dual monitor setup, it works great.
I now have a different background on each monitor after using it with 2 1920x1080
jpg files.

Thanks.

B.K. Johnson

#34 Post by B.K. Johnson »

@rcrsn51
When my selection of files to be 'glued' are 6 levels deep, PeasyGlue does not work. :cry:
After clicking the Glue button, I get the window in snapshot-1 repeated 12 times eventually getting snapshot-2 and then a blank Glue dialogbox which has to be killed (close does not work).

The same files when placed in /root are glued perfectly, even allowing me to saved the output file in a directory 6 levels deep.

However, a couple comments for your consideration:
1. "Save the glued image to this file", suggesrs that the user enter a file name below, "Browse and enter the glued image filename" is clearer IMHO.
2. The extension for the selected graphic format has to be manually appended, although I have chosen one.
Attachments
snapshot-1.png
displayed and OK'd 12 times
(32.6 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
snapshot-2.png
states it is gluing but is not
(33.06 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
snapshot-3.png
dialogbox before going blankm needing to be 'killed'.
(26.92 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
[color=blue]B.K. Johnson
tahrpup-6.0.5 PAE (upgraded from 6.0 =>6.0.2=>6.0.3=>6.0.5 via quickpet/PPM=Not installed); slacko-5.7 occasionally. Frugal install, pupsave file, multi OS flashdrive, FAT32 , SYSLINUX boot, CPU-Dual E2140, 4GB RAM[/color]

rcrsn51

#35 Post by rcrsn51 »

From the main notes:
Please note that PeasyGlue can NOT process filenames or paths that contain spaces.

Also, you should update to v2.0. It puts the default filename /root/out.jpg in the "Save to" box.

B.K. Johnson

#36 Post by B.K. Johnson »

Also, you should update to v2.0. It puts the default filename /root/out.jpg in the "Save to" box.
But why 2.0, when 2.1 allegedly also solves the space in path limitation? :lol:
[color=blue]B.K. Johnson
tahrpup-6.0.5 PAE (upgraded from 6.0 =>6.0.2=>6.0.3=>6.0.5 via quickpet/PPM=Not installed); slacko-5.7 occasionally. Frugal install, pupsave file, multi OS flashdrive, FAT32 , SYSLINUX boot, CPU-Dual E2140, 4GB RAM[/color]

rcrsn51

#37 Post by rcrsn51 »

Because I just updated to v2.1 within the last hour.

B.K. Johnson

#38 Post by B.K. Johnson »

The space in path prob is fixed with 2.1 as stated. Good!

I was able to browse to a destination directory, but I still had to manually append the format extension to the output filename. If I don't, the outputfile has no extension. So, pray tell, of what use are the jpg and pgn radio buttons? If they determine the content, how difficult is it to add the png or jpg. Just a professional nicety, I think! But if you can't be bothered, well ...
[color=blue]B.K. Johnson

rcrsn51

#39 Post by rcrsn51 »

It's not a question of whether or not I can be bothered. In Linux, filename extensions are optional. It is up to the user to decide how to name a file.

In Linux, the MIME-type of the file determines how it is handled. The JPG and PNG buttons declare which type you want to use when the file is saved.

However, you can easily get the behaviour you want by modifying lines 155 and 157.

B.K. Johnson

#40 Post by B.K. Johnson »

In Linux, filename extensions are optional. It is up to the user to decide how to name a file.
I don't know the esoterica of Linux, but as a sane, intelligent, homo sapiens, this strikes me as a royal cop-out, a ton of balderdash that reeks of self servience.
In Linux, the MIME-type of the file determines how it is handled.
Does every file in Puppy have an associated MIME-type?
However, you can easily get the behaviour you want by modifying lines 155 and 157.
I thank you for this grudgingly offered solution.
[color=blue]B.K. Johnson

phat7

#41 Post by phat7 »

mtpaint refuses to save a file without an extension.

B.K. Johnson

#42 Post by B.K. Johnson »

As it should be, phat7. That's what a well-written software does. There is no excuse for doing othewise.

Like I stated before, saying Linux expects user to add extension is a cop-out for an incomplete piece of software that the developer should take responsibility for. Extending his "logic", assume any number of files on my sustem without extension, I should be able to click on any one and its MIME content would discern what application to launch.
[color=blue]B.K. Johnson