RetroShare + VOiP plugin

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
Dromeno

RetroShare + VOiP plugin

#1 Post by Dromeno »

Is there anybody willing to make a working pet for the 0.5.4 version + VOiP plugin of RetroShare? Preferably one which works on both Lupu and Wary?

http://retroshare.sourceforge.net/downloads.html

My apologies for pushing the subject again. But I do not have the skills myself and I was not successfull so far in finding a puppian coder who is capable to do it..

So, if you are or might be such a coder please allow me to try to convince you why RS would be a great addition to puppy.

One of the things I like most about puppy is that I have one and the same OS running on several machines (from a usb thumbdrive) without the need for a cloud service. This feels secure to me, all my files are stored on a device which is controled and owned by me. But often I would like to use a cloud service, for instance when I need a file which is not on my thumbdrive. Then I would like a cloud - but still one which is controled and owned by me. I want the connection between the computers encrypted (secure). And when I work with friends on a project I want to be able to chat, email, share files and the like with them, still completely under our own control so without any central server in between where our files are stored or communication can be logged etc. I would like to have that all in the form of free -as in speech- software, no ads and free of androids, apples and other drones.

Retroshare offers all of that and more (you can run a complete web forum such as this puppy forum, and newsgroups, and irc chat lobbies, and since a couple of months, phone eachother, all without a central server, encrypted, without the need to know the ip adresses of friends-of-friends). It is cross platform so you can connect an android phone with a puppy and a windows machine by retroshare. And it is much more newbie friendly than most shared folder concepts because you do not need to do any port forwarding in your router to accomplish a machine-to-machine connection. It just works. In windows that is, not yet in puppy.

So my question: what does a person like me, with a lack of linux skills but with a lot of enthousiasm, to do to find someone who is willing to build a working sfs?

markreaves

#2 Post by markreaves »

I may give it a shot but simply because I like retroshare and feel it needs more exposure.

Currently working on a "single file portable" version of it but having some minor issues that I have to figure out. If it gets done I will be sure to share.

Semme

#3 Post by Semme »

No squashfs. The binaries are >> version >> build >> here.. You don't need a pet, but'choo may need some libs..

markreaves

#4 Post by markreaves »

A single file portable of RetroShare has now been completed.

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 809#689809