SlimPup 3.8

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Mike7

#31 Post by Mike7 »

Hi, all.

Can someone tell me what the wireless network tool is in SlimPup and if it will connect to WEP-protected wi-fi as well as WAP-protected wi-fi?

I have Puppeee-4.4 on an Asus eeePC 1000HA, and Pwireless2 will not take WEP passwords, so I'm looking for another Puppy distro to replace it with.

Thanks!

Mike

sheepy

#32 Post by sheepy »

Mike7 wrote:Hi, all.

Can someone tell me what the wireless network tool is in SlimPup and if it will connect to WEP-protected wi-fi as well as WAP-protected wi-fi?

I have Puppeee-4.4 on an Asus eeePC 1000HA, and Pwireless2 will not take WEP passwords, so I'm looking for another Puppy distro to replace it with.

Thanks!

Mike
Hi,
Yes, it does support WEP. I bet Puppeee could do it if you input the password differently.
To use WEP on Puppy, you usually have to input the password in HEX (not ASCII) or type "s:" before the password.

Mike7

#33 Post by Mike7 »

Hi, Sheepy.

Pwireless2 in Puppeee won't accept any passwords. I've tried using HEX but it didn't help. I'll try putting the s in front, but I doubt it will make any difference. There's just something wrong with this version of Pwireless2. Plus I think it was written before the WPA2 encryption protocol that's become standard for wi-fi, so it isn't much use any more.

Cheers.

Mike
Carolite-1.2 w/FF38 on bootable 16G flash drive; Asus eeePC 1000HA, Atom CPU, 2G RAM, 160G HDD.

Diego7

#34 Post by Diego7 »

new user here on an EeePC, running live from usb.

1) I've added the battery monitor script, but my desktop BATT monitor still appears blank, however, when I look in System Information I can see detailed battery properties (including a percentage remaining charge).

2) I'm finding the window minimize, maximize, close buttons far too small

3) I downloaded pupclockset .pet and installed it, however, when I select the change clock format option in the control panel nothing happens. I'm not sure how to get pupclockset to work.

4) I'd like to change the touchpad setting to mirror the default ones on precise puppy, but I'm unable to change the acceleration to .0362 (it maxes out at a lesser value)

5) When minimizing apps there is no taskbar so they disappear. I see alt-tab works to navigate, but is there another way to access these apps?

6) At the end of my sessions, I see they are being saved automatically. However, I was wondering how I can save separate sessions with different filenames. Also, if given the choice, how do I know how much space to tell the session saver to use (I guess 512mb is recommended there).

THANK YOU - despite these newb issues, I really like the simplicity of this OS

Pelo

what about the menu ? 3.5 had clementine,

#35 Post by Pelo »

what about the menu ? 3.5 had clementine, that was a an information...
Why slimpup so big...367.64 Mb, i will never know...
SlimPup is a puplet of Puppy Linux. It's designed to be very slim, clean, minimalistic, and easy on the eyes
Attachments
slimpup_with_fluxbox_by_eldervlacoste-d5itk8j.jpg
slimpup with fluxbox
(45.34 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
Clementine.jpg
Clementine was a nice Jukebox, replaced by Audacious.. It's not the same.
(83.3 KiB) Downloaded 373 times