Browsers with privacy

Using applications, configuring, problems
superdave

Browsers with privacy

#1 Post by superdave »

Does anyone have any suggestions on web browsers that the companies do not take and store your browsing history and computer information like Google does and Microsoft. I like www.ixquick.com for a search engine as they do not store your searches and also the proxy is a nice feature to privately search from outside sources. www.startpage.com is good as a secondary search engine for pricacy. However, as far as the browser goes I am clueless. What browsers do you guys suggest for both Windows 7 64 bit and also for Puppy so they company does not take your history and information? Any suggestions or know how on this topic?

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

You don't sound like someone that would need anything more than Cotse. Then again, perhaps less?

nooby

#3 Post by nooby »

Dave I know too little to give any good informed advice.
I think each browser situation are so unique that it is
almost impossible to not reveal what one do other than
if you are a security expert yourself. That is my best take on it.
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

Semme

#4 Post by Semme »

"Once upon a time.." << Citation nine.

capoverde

#5 Post by capoverde »

Have been using QTWeb ([url]www.qtweb.net[/url]) for a couple years now, mainly for its speedy startup, though not always stable. Has "anonymous browsing" and total-reset shutoff options, thus erasing all browsing data on exiting. Its portability, small size and overall simplicity make it a nice fellow (there's even a Win$ version).

Of course, it's not like going through xBBrowser's multiple and encrypted proxies - but that's an overkill to me.

Also: Scroogle has gone and Ixquick is often overloaded or something, so I've been using Duckduckgo.com as a privacy-conscious search engine. Very well done and comprehensive.