Autoconnect Connect Modem and Rdesktop

Booting, installing, newbie
Marillier

Autoconnect Connect Modem and Rdesktop

#1 Post by Marillier »

Firstly im new to registering on this forum!!

Puppy is pretty awesome and I have been running it for a while. Mostly I make use of the out of box options like media players, word processors etc and using it as a backup when Window's dont work at home.

Now here's my problem:

Precise puppy automatically recognizes my usb modem when I insert it. No problem there. I can get to connect successfully and it works well. Is there a way to have the modem connect automatically when inserting it?? Im not familiar with the terminal etc..

Brings me to my next question. Now assuming I was able to connect when the modem is inserted without entering *99# or any details, I would like to autorun my remote desktop app and have it connect to a different pc without having to enter rdesktop *IP address etc* into the terminal.

So basically , i want to power the computer on, with the modem attached, and the usb upon which puppy is installed, sit back and have it automatically connect to the internet and run the rdesktop.

Possible? I would be very grateful as this would also serve as a great backup not only for me but for some of my guys working with me.

Thanks in advance ***

darkcity

#2 Post by darkcity »

This is a duplicate thread to http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=84367

Suggest mods lock it down :twisted:

Atle

#3 Post by Atle »

just curious... what is the point of posting the same stuff twice? its does not look like commercial spam. But why post a exact copy of your own post and not give information or answering the primary and exact same post?

Consider this a "forum technical" question. :shock: