How do I fix the dependencies that PPM can't solve?

Booting, installing, newbie
rogerology

How do I fix the dependencies that PPM can't solve?

#1 Post by rogerology »

PPM shows these unsolved dependencies: http://imgur.com/wS2CR6L
Will this cause any trouble? Do I need to do something to sort it out?

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Hi Roger- when you install stuff it has to be with their dependencies.

As long as things work, don't sweat the details. PPM's not perfect..

rogerology

#3 Post by rogerology »

Semme wrote:Hi Roger- when you install stuff it has to be with their dependencies.

As long as things work, don't sweat the details. PPM's not perfect..
I've checked all the dependencies every time I've installed something.

Semme

#4 Post by Semme »

Choose a pkg >> examine dependencies >> dwnld and install selected pkgs. This is how it's done on Pup.

Makoto

#5 Post by Makoto »

Like Semme wrote, if the program in question seems to work just fine and does everything you're expecting of it, don't worry if PPM reports there are dependencies missing. Sometimes, package creators will place those dependencies in different places, and run the program with a script telling the program where to find those components, or so forth. PPM will complain because it only checks the standard locations like /usr/lib/ (as far as I know), so it won't find the dependencies in situations like that.

...in other words, don't worry about it, if it's working. :D
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

rogerology

#6 Post by rogerology »

Semme wrote:Choose a pkg >> examine dependencies >> dwnld and install selected pkgs. This is how it's done on Pup.
That's the way I do it, but there are unsolved dependencies.

rogerology

#7 Post by rogerology »

Makoto wrote:Like Semme wrote, if the program in question seems to work just fine and does everything you're expecting of it, don't worry if PPM reports there are dependencies missing. Sometimes, package creators will place those dependencies in different places, and run the program with a script telling the program where to find those components, or so forth. PPM will complain because it only checks the standard locations like /usr/lib/ (as far as I know), so it won't find the dependencies in situations like that.

...in other words, don't worry about it, if it's working. :D
Thank you for explaining it to me.