XFCE/LXDE/MATE Desktops for ArchPup 13.2/13.2.1

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
withoutpity

#16 Post by withoutpity »

Thunar 1.6.1 compiled in Apup 13.2 with DEV DOC and NLS in each folders.
I can not upload it in this forum, so here is the link:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=B ... lEBepEo9jI

rg66

xfdesktop

#17 Post by rg66 »

It seems that this has the same problem that Carolina had. Dragging an icon from the app menu to the desktop removes it from the menu. Replacing usr/bin/xfdesktop with the one from Carolina fixes the issue.

Edit: After a reboot it went back to removing the entry from the menu. Replacing xfdesktop again totally screwed up my desktop.
Last edited by rg66 on Wed 06 Feb 2013, 18:22, edited 2 times in total.
X-slacko-5b1 - X-tahr-2.0 - X-precise-2.4
[url=http://smokey01.com/rg66/]X-series repo[/url]

simargl8

#18 Post by simargl8 »

stifiling, finally Xfce version is there 8)
Downloading now... btw:: Maybe add some better wallpaper, I found this one but now don't like it that much

Edit: USB drive in thunar is shown as CDROM. It is the same problem as in spacefm - only that
I changed spacefm settings to show just /dev/sdb (by default it was /dev/sdb - CDROM). Thunar does not have that option.
I would remove some packages already in arch apps like libogg and libtheora.
Also perl is big package, maybe remove it, if possible. Anyway those are just some details, after mine short test. Good work!

rameshiyer

Archpupy 13.2

#19 Post by rameshiyer »

While booting Arch Puppy XFCE Desktop, I am getting below mentioned error message on by one.

1. Could not connect to wicd's D-Bus interface. Check the wicd log for error messages.
2. The wicd daemon has shut down. The UI will not function properly until it is restarted.

Please look into this. Also lookinto my problem while connecting 3G modem. Why mobile partner showing "connecting' even though it is connected. Also no data flow statics in mobile partner. ie. no sign of connection inside the application.

stifiling

#20 Post by stifiling »

simargl8 wrote:stifiling, finally Xfce version is there 8)
Downloading now... btw:: Maybe add some better wallpaper, I found this one but now don't like it that much

Edit: USB drive in thunar is shown as CDROM. It is the same problem as in spacefm - only that
I changed spacefm settings to show just /dev/sdb (by default it was /dev/sdb - CDROM). Thunar does not have that option.
I would remove some packages already in arch apps like libogg and libtheora.
Also perl is big package, maybe remove it, if possible. Anyway those are just some details, after mine short test. Good work!
ok i'll see about removing those packages. if you see anymore that u think is not necessary, let me know. could i still remove gtk3?

also trying to iron out the last lil annoyances the users are presenting.

i worked around the wallpaper, because it's included in the main.sfs. are you still developing archpup? i'm basing these desktop add ons, off of your foundation. so that they sing in harmony, without...overlapping in anyway. as much as possible at least.
rameshiyer wrote:While booting Arch Puppy XFCE Desktop, I am getting below mentioned error message on by one.

1. Could not connect to wicd's D-Bus interface. Check the wicd log for error messages.
2. The wicd daemon has shut down. The UI will not function properly until it is restarted.

Please look into this. Also lookinto my problem while connecting 3G modem. Why mobile partner showing "connecting' even though it is connected. Also no data flow statics in mobile partner. ie. no sign of connection inside the application.
those errors are 'different'. i'm wondering if there's something wrong in the savefile. could you try with a clean savefile, and see if u're still getting the dbus errors...

the 3G modem, i can't fully test, because i don't own one. is the 'No connecting, but really connected', issue....dbus related? have you ever gotten it working correctly in ArchPup before?

rameshiyer

Archy Puppy

#21 Post by rameshiyer »

Dear Stiffing

I will create new save file and let you know the result. I have not tested 3g modem on Archpupy/Arch linux. This is first time I am using 3g Modem in Arch. I was able to send SMS etc. However, data flow details are not showing. Also it is not showing any sign of connection. However, while testing in browser, I am able to use internet !!. Strange problem. In Precise, Wary, Slacko and Racy, I have no such problem.

Another issue, how to install Java run time or jav open environment in our Arch Puppy.

stifiling

Re: Archy Puppy

#22 Post by stifiling »

rameshiyer wrote:Dear Stiffing

I will create new save file and let you know the result. I have not tested 3g modem on Archpupy/Arch linux. This is first time I am using 3g Modem in Arch. I was able to send SMS etc. However, data flow details are not showing. Also it is not showing any sign of connection. However, while testing in browser, I am able to use internet !!. Strange problem. In Precise, Wary, Slacko and Racy, I have no such problem.

Another issue, how to install Java run time or jav open environment in our Arch Puppy.
this is the java that i'm currently using, but any of the sfs files from http://101.143.162.115/puppy/opt should work. what exact model 3g modem are you using? If it's working fine in other pups but not archpup, we (the users) kinda need you to find what's making it work in a working pup, and using those fixes in archpup, until you get it working properly. And of course report the fix so that it can be implemented into archpup. That way the next user that has the same hardware, won't have the same problem.

simargl8

#23 Post by simargl8 »

You can remove gtk3 safely, I'm thinking pacman pulled it only because of this package gtk3-xfce-engine.
Assuming that you installed xfce4 group https://www.archlinux.org/groups/i686/xfce4/
stifiling wrote:i worked around the wallpaper, because it's included in the main.sfs. are you still developing archpup? i'm basing these desktop add ons, off of your foundation. so that they sing in harmony, without...overlapping in anyway. as much as possible at least.
Not much time today, I hope to continue tomorrow...

rameshiyer

Archpuppy

#24 Post by rameshiyer »

I am using Huawei 303c modem. I don't the know the reasons for not working properly. How to pinpoint the exact problem is difficult for me. May be some dependency problem. Only you people can solve this abnormal problem. Anyway I am getting internet out of mobile partner. I hope, archpup is improving day by day. Hence, this will also solved in near future ?

Another issue is Mplayer. Menu shows mplayer. But not working

rg66

Re: Archpuppy

#25 Post by rg66 »

rameshiyer wrote:Another issue is Mplayer. Menu shows mplayer. But not working
Mplayer runs from the command line only. SMplayer is the front end or GUI for Mplayer, the menu entry shouldn't really be there.

stifiling

#26 Post by stifiling »

@rameshiyer

the software application 'Mobile Partner' is what's saying "connecting"? where is this software? so we can see how to run it from commandline, and then see if running it from commandline, shows any errors...

stifiling

#27 Post by stifiling »

rg66 wrote:Thanks for this stifiling, XFCE is the best!

One issue I've come across so far is selecting "Automatically show and hide panel" will crash X and then try and restart it in what seems like an endless loop.

Other than that, so far so good. Nice one!
u're right. i'm trying to do some fixes on the xfce sfs now, and i'm seeing this behavior. in one of my save files it's not happening, in a clean one, or running without a savefile....it is. did u ever come across a way of making it stop?

rameshiyer

Archpupy 13.2

#28 Post by rameshiyer »

Dear Sir

This is the terminal output while trying terminal execution.of Mobile Partner ( I got the Mobile Partner from Internet after extensive search on Google)

/usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/MobilePartner1: line 5: sudo: command not found
../../src/mobilepartner/MobilePartnerLinux.cpp: checkMp10Running: checking for 1.0
../../src/mobilepartner/MobilePartnerLinux.cpp: checkMp10Running: got socket...
../../src/mobilepartner/MobilePartnerLinux.cpp: checkMp10Running: binded successfully...
../../src/mobilepartner/MobilePartnerLinux.cpp: IsLinuxSingleInstance: /tmp/mobilepartner.pid open success
../../src/mobilepartner/MobilePartnerLinux.cpp: IsLinuxSingleInstance: got lock on /tmp/mobilepartner.pid
../../src/mobilepartner/MobilePartnerLinux.cpp: registerSignalHandlers: sigaction (MOBILEPARTNER_SIG) success
../../src/mobilepartner/MobilePartnerLinux.cpp: registerSignalHandlers: pipe success
../../src/mobilepartner/MobilePartnerLinux.cpp: IsOnlineUpdateInstalling: /tmp/UTPS_OnlineUpdate_Mutex.pid open success
../../src/mobilepartner/MobilePartnerLinux.cpp: IsOnlineUpdateInstalling: got lock on /tmp/UTPS_OnlineUpdate_Mutex.pid
Unable to load library icui18n "Cannot load library icui18n: (icui18n: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)"
QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.
22:45:06:785: ../../src/core/common/CommonUtils.cpp: GetPluginLibraryPath: other os plugin folder is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem
22:45:06:785: ../../src/mobilepartner/MobilePartner.cpp: MobilePartnerMain: app path = /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem
22:45:06:785 : ../../src/sdk/UTPS_SDK.cpp : UTPS_SDK_INIT : Entered
../../src/sdk/UTPS_SDK.cpp: UTPS_SDK_INIT: loading proxy lib...
../../src/sdk/UTPS_SDK.cpp: UTPS_SDK_INIT: setting load hints...
../../src/sdk/UTPS_SDK.cpp: UTPS_SDK_INIT: load proxy successful...
../../src/sdk/UTPS_CALL.cpp: UTPS_CALL_INIT: enter
../../src/sdk/UTPS_CALLLOG.cpp: UTPS_CALLLOG_INIT: enter
../../src/sdk/UTPS_COMMON.cpp: UTPS_COMMON_INIT: enter
../../src/sdk/UTPS_DEVICE.cpp: UTPS_DEVICE_INIT: enter
../../src/sdk/UTPS_NETCONNECT.cpp: UTPS_NETCONNECT_INIT: enter
../../src/sdk/UTPS_NETSRV.cpp: UTPS_NETSRV_INIT: enter
../../src/sdk/UTPS_PHONEBOOK.cpp: UTPS_PHONEBOOK_INIT: enter
../../src/sdk/UTPS_SMS.cpp: UTPS_SMS_INIT: enter
../../src/sdk/UTPS_STATISTICS.cpp: UTPS_STATISTICS_INIT: enter
../../src/sdk/UTPS_STK.cpp: UTPS_STK_INIT: enter
../../src/sdk/UTPS_USSD.cpp: UTPS_USSD_INIT: enter
22:45:06:788: ../../src/sdk/UTPS_SDK.cpp: UTPS_SDK_INIT: returning 0
SDK: UTPS_Startup Invoke
../../src/mobilepartner/MobilePartnerLinux.cpp: run: read readBytes=-1, need to bring mp to foreground !!!
SDK Response UTPS_Startup iErr=0, elapsed, 34ms
22:45:06:822: ../../src/mobilepartner/MobilePartner.cpp: MobilePartnerMain: UTPS_Startup returned 0 !!!
22:45:06:822: ../../src/mobilepartner/MobilePartner.cpp: installReleaseMsgHandler enter
SDK: UTPS_GetSettings Invoke
SDK Response UTPS_GetSettings iErr=0, elapsed, 0ms
22:45:06:822: ../../src/core/common/CommonUtils.cpp: GetSettings: UTPS_GetSettings (TraceSet, TraceLevel) returned 0
22:45:06:823: ../../src/mobilepartner/MobilePartner.cpp: installReleaseMsgHandler TraceLevel = 1
22:45:06:823: ../../src/mobilepartner/MobilePartner.cpp: installReleaseMsgHandler before caling UTPS_GetLogDirectory()
SDK: UTPS_GetLogDirectory Invoke
SDK Response UTPS_GetLogDirectory iErr=0, elapsed, 0ms
22:45:06:823: ../../src/mobilepartner/MobilePartner.cpp: installReleaseMsgHandler after caling UTPS_GetLogDirectory(), retVal=0
../../src/mobilepartner/MobilePartner.cpp: installMsgHandler: Opened log file /usr/local/hw_mp_userdata/MegaFon_Modem/log/ui.log
Device ID: 0
pstATR2MGRPortInfo->enPortType: 2
pstATR2MGRPortInfo->lPortNum: 1
pstATR2MGRPortInfo->pszPortName: /dev/ttyUSB_utps_pcui
============================
pstATR2MGRPortInfo->enPortType: 1
pstATR2MGRPortInfo->lPortNum: 2
pstATR2MGRPortInfo->pszPortName: /dev/ttyUSB_utps_diag
pstATR2MGRPortInfo->enPortType: 0
pstATR2MGRPortInfo->lPortNum: 3
pstATR2MGRPortInfo->pszPortName: /dev/ttyUSB_utps_modem
QueryInterface is success
pstATR2MGRPortInfo->enPortType: 2
pstATR2MGRPortInfo->lPortNum: 1
pstATR2MGRPortInfo->pszPortName: /dev/ttyUSB_utps_pcui
pstATR2MGRPortInfo->enPortType: 1
pstATR2MGRPortInfo->lPortNum: 2
pstATR2MGRPortInfo->pszPortName: /dev/ttyUSB_utps_diag
pstATR2MGRPortInfo->enPortType: 0
pstATR2MGRPortInfo->lPortNum: 3
pstATR2MGRPortInfo->pszPortName: /dev/ttyUSB_utps_modem
SetCurrentModem to /dev/ttyUSB_utps_modem
Unable to load library icui18n "Cannot load library icui18n: (icui18n: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)"
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtCore.so.4,File is libQtCore.so.4
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtCore.so.4.6,File is libQtCore.so.4.6
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtCore.so.4.6.2,File is libQtCore.so.4.6.2
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtGui.so.4,File is libQtGui.so.4
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtGui.so.4.6,File is libQtGui.so.4.6
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtGui.so.4.6.2,File is libQtGui.so.4.6.2
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtNetwork.so.4,File is libQtNetwork.so.4
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtNetwork.so.4.6,File is libQtNetwork.so.4.6
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtNetwork.so.4.6.2,File is libQtNetwork.so.4.6.2
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtWebKit.so.4,File is libQtWebKit.so.4
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtWebKit.so.4.6,File is libQtWebKit.so.4.6
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtWebKit.so.4.6.2,File is libQtWebKit.so.4.6.2
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtXml.so.4,File is libQtXml.so.4
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtXml.so.4.6,File is libQtXml.so.4.6
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtXml.so.4.6.2,File is libQtXml.so.4.6.2
/usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtCore.so.4,File is libQtCore.so.4
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtCore.so.4.6,File is libQtCore.so.4.6
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtCore.so.4.6.2,File is libQtCore.so.4.6.2
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtGui.so.4,File is libQtGui.so.4
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtGui.so.4.6,File is libQtGui.so.4.6
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtGui.so.4.6.2,File is libQtGui.so.4.6.2
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtNetwork.so.4,File is libQtNetwork.so.4
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtNetwork.so.4.6,File is libQtNetwork.so.4.6
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtNetwork.so.4.6.2,File is libQtNetwork.so.4.6.2
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtWebKit.so.4,File is libQtWebKit.so.4
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtWebKit.so.4.6,File is libQtWebKit.so.4.6
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtWebKit.so.4.6.2,File is libQtWebKit.so.4.6.2
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtXml.so.4,File is libQtXml.so.4
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtXml.so.4.6,File is libQtXml.so.4.6
Path is /usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/libQtXml.so.4.6.2,File is libQtXml.so.4.6.2
/usr/local/MegaFon_Modem/UpdateDog/

stifiling

Re: Archpupy 13.2

#29 Post by stifiling »

rameshiyer wrote:Unable to load library icui18n "Cannot load library icui18n: (icui18n: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)"
what i would try first is copying libicui18n.so, libicui18n.so.48, libicui18n.so.48.1.1 in the /usr/lib folder of Precise, and pasting/overwriting them in /usr/lib in Archpup....and seeing if that resolves that error.

if it does, and there's another error...paste in the corresponding files from Precise to Archpup.

i'd keep doing that until there are no more errors and it works, or there's a major error...and it's totally just not going to work.

the icu package in archpup...appears to be newer than the one Mobile Partner is looking for.

that's what i would try first, and if i get it working using that 'tacky' method. i'd next try again, from a back up save file, but this time i'd try downgrading the arch package.

Code: Select all

[root@KMCs_Laptop3 Desktop]# downgrade icu

The following packages are available from the A.R.M.:

1)  extra              icu-50.1.2-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz
    2)  extra              icu-50.1.1-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz
    3)  extra              icu-50.1-2-i686.pkg.tar.xz [installed]
    4)  extra              icu-49.1.2-2-i686.pkg.tar.xz
    5)  extra              icu-49.1.2-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz
    6)  extra              icu-49.1.1-2-i686.pkg.tar.xz
    7)  extra              icu-49.1.1-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz
    8)  extra              icu-4.8.1.1-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz
    9)  extra              icu-4.8.1-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz
   10)  extra              icu-4.8-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz
   11)  extra              icu-4.6.1-2-i686.pkg.tar.xz
   12)  extra              icu-4.6.1-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz
   13)  extra              icu-4.6-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz
   14)  extra              icu-4.4.2-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz
   15)  extra              icu-4.4.1-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz
   16)  extra              icu-4.4-2-i686.pkg.tar.xz
   17)  extra              icu-4.4-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz
   18)  extra              icu-4.2.1-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz

please choose a version or [q]uit: 
these are all the versions of icu available to archpup..one of the 4.8 one's might work. these packages are installed using 'downgrade' which you must first install using packer.

i attached the script though if you want to just download it and use it. 'downgrade' will download the older version package to the /tmp folder...so install the package using:

pacman -U /tmp/packagename.pkg.tar.xz
if u wanna try the downgrade script, just delete the .gz off the end. you might also have to first run:

chmod +x /path/to/downgrade
Attachments
downgrade.gz
(6.36 KiB) Downloaded 422 times

rg66

#30 Post by rg66 »

stifiling wrote: u're right. i'm trying to do some fixes on the xfce sfs now, and i'm seeing this behavior. in one of my save files it's not happening, in a clean one, or running without a savefile....it is. did u ever come across a way of making it stop?
Ok, I think i figured it out. Xfwm4 has to be restarted to make this issue stop, maybe it has something to do with the "first panel" thing at startup. Running "xfwm4 --replace" from cli after choosing a panel fixes the problem.

With a save file, a new instance of xfwm4 is running so there is no issue. Maybe you can have your first time panel chooser script run that command after a panel is chosen.

rg66

Re: Archpupy 13.2

#31 Post by rg66 »

rameshiyer wrote:While booting Arch Puppy XFCE Desktop, I am getting below mentioned error message on by one.

Stifiling, I'm getting the same errors. This is my 3rd save file now with them, they show up after the second reboot. I have to delete /var/run/wicd/wicp.pid and restart wicd to get it working again.

rameshiyer

Arch Puppy

#32 Post by rameshiyer »

Stiffing

I would like to inform you that I got working Chromium 25 and Java runtime through SFS loading. Any limitation loading SFS ? Can we load any number of SFS file. Is it possible to make use of open box extras as given link

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 1018840966

stifiling

Re: Arch Puppy

#33 Post by stifiling »

rameshiyer wrote:Stiffing

I would like to inform you that I got working Chromium 25 and Java runtime through SFS loading. Any limitation loading SFS ? Can we load any number of SFS file. Is it possible to make use of open box extras as given link

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 1018840966
you have java working in chromium? which java and chromium sfs files are you using?

archpup i believe supports up to 24 sfs files.

did you get the Mobile 3g modem working the way u want?

as far as the openbox extras go, no reason why they shouldn't work. they're in .pet format though. mavrothal wrote a script to install .pets in archpup. although the openbox extras aren't specifically written for ArchPup, you could 'make' them work, the way you want them to work, with determination.

rameshiyer

#34 Post by rameshiyer »

Stiffing

you have java working in chromium? which java and chromium sfs files are you using?

Yes. Perfectly. ( jre-1.7.0.07.sfs. ). About 3G modem, so far no result. I will try tomorrow morning and let you know the status.

mavrothal wrote a script to install .pets in archpup

I tested the script. showing error. I will explore possibility to convert pet to sfs. I have seen some package for converting pet to sfs.

Thank you for extending your support.

stifiling

#35 Post by stifiling »

you can also do numerous apps in one sfs....rather than having 30 lil sfs files....you can pack them all in one.