[SOLVED] Which Puppy for this tiny computer?

Booting, installing, newbie
starhawk

#76 Post by starhawk »

OK, this is [SOLVED]. I will update the thread title shortly.

- Racy 5.5 has problems with nVIDIA graphics cards. Sage is sending me a non-nVIDIA card all the way from the UK. (Thank you SO MUCH man! Someday, somehow, I'll make it up to you...)

- Slacko 5.5 has a few minor quirks with graphics on this setup, solvable easily with xorgwizard.

- Downloading Upup Precise 382 for a try of that, now. I'll report how it performs, later. It'll be probably an hour from now at least before that post goes up.

Bottom line: I've got this thing beat, no matter what. I like Racy's typical speed... but I don't like its graphics problems. That will be solved with time and Sage's generosity. For now... Slacko.

Next thing, for me... finding a CompactFlash card I can stuff in there. I've got a couple, but they're either in use, too small, or microdrives that physically won't fit because Commell is a bunch of dunderheads who put chips right under the CF slot...

No need for y'all folk to worry 'bout the CF card, I'll get that elsewhere ;) while I do appreciate folks being generous, I'm not going to be a moocher!