sancxjo

#31 Post by sancxjo »

Checksums are checked.

Code: Select all

# md5sum qt-4.8.2-stripped.sfs
1dd3f328cfc7bf6e5031f14af068c991  qt-4.8.2-stripped.sfs
sh-4.1# md5sum skype-4.1.0.20.sfs
682b68f1655538db0b25adfdc01d109c  skype-4.1.0.20.sfs
I have all the files located on the hard courts in a special section.
The system itself is on a flash drive.
Is that improper placement?

# ls -l .
total 1116280
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root         35 May 26 17:00 fsckme.flg
drwx------ 2 root root      16384 May 17 04:20 lost+found
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1073741824 May 26 17:36 lxpupsave-2013.05.08.3fs
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   37183488 Jan 12 18:44 qt-4.8.2-stripped.sfs
When you run the mouse pops up a message
they have been loaded: is arleady loaded. Do you want to unload? :?

peebee

#32 Post by peebee »

sancxjo wrote:I have all the files located on the hard courts in a special section.
The system itself is on a flash drive.
Is that improper placement?
Hello

I booted up a pristine frugal install of LxPup 13.01 and then installed the 2 sfs's (using sfs-load-on-the-fly). The 2 sfs's were located in the same sub-directory as the LxPup files - i.e
# cd /mnt/home/test1
# ls
initrd.gz
puppy_lxpup_13.01.sfs
qt-4.8.2-stripped.sfs
skype-4.1.0.20.sfs
vmlinuz
Works fine from a terminal - see the screenie - so I think your problems are to do with how you have your system configured.

If your puppy files are on a flash drive then I suggest that the sfs's should be there as well.

The reason skype does not show up in the menu is that LxPup has a different menu structure to ordinary puppies - but this can easily be fixed by a small edit to the .desktop file in /usr/share/applications

Cheers
peebee
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

sancxjo

#33 Post by sancxjo »

Hello

Thank, peebee,
Yes, you have convinced me that my configuration is not suitable for Skype. Apparently the files are loaded later than necessary.
It is set up in the Boot manager.
Without carry files to a USB flash drive can not be without?
Can prescribe them to a file "fsckme.flg"?
I see it: sda8,ext3,/lxpupsave-2013.05.08.3fs

It did not work.
Files transferred to a USB flash drive.
When installing the system offered their copy to the section where they were with me.
And when you start Skype, it just flashes and closes.

# skype
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-open.c: 667: _dl_open: Assertion `_dl_debug_initialize (0, args.nsid)->r_state == RT_CONSISTENT' failed! 

dersou

On Lxpup 13.01 Full (Slacko) Skype open and shut down immedi

#34 Post by dersou »

Hello mates,

Same issue with Skype on Lxpup 13.01 Full (Slacko-based) than our friend sancxjo :

It opens, flashes and disappears immediatly :-/

Error Massage is the same too :
# skype
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-open.c: 667: _dl_open: Assertion `_dl_debug_initialize (0, args.nsid)->r_state == RT_CONSISTENT' failed!
:?: :!:

sancxjo

#35 Post by sancxjo »

I already tried to delete my configuration file 3fs (now: lxpupsave-2013.05.29.3fs)., and the new set up everything, but this bug has not disappeared. :evil:

peebee

Re: On Lxpup 13.01 Full (Slacko) Skype open and shut down immedi

#36 Post by peebee »

dersou wrote:Same issue with Skype on Lxpup 13.01 Full (Slacko-based) than our friend sancxjo
Well the common thing between you both seems to be LxPup 13.01 - but I've tried that on my laptop and do not have the problem...

So I am at a loss what to advise - maybe you could try a frugal install of vanilla Slacko 5.5 to see if that gives the same error for you?

From Googling your error message - other people with the same error are listed - and it looks like its a library problem of some sort - are you both running absolutely pristine versions of LxPup or have you installed other things as well as Skype? There may be another common factor.

Anyway please both try if possible:

1. a pristine frugal install of LxPup with the Skype sfs in the same directory as the lxpup sfs

2. if that doesn't work - the same but with Slacko 5.5

Thanks
peebee
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

sancxjo

#37 Post by sancxjo »

Found something. People such was.
It remains to find out what's what.
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?p=317799
I do not understand. Something related to the hardware platform 64 bit.
I nettop 32 bit

However, I tried the Slacko 5.5 and It works! :D
Moreover, I now 4 desktops instead of 2!
Pictures inserted into the message can not yet :oops:

My deepest respect and thanks, peebee :!:
Last edited by sancxjo on Sun 02 Jun 2013, 18:54, edited 1 time in total.

peebee

Skype 4.2

#38 Post by peebee »

Skype 4.2.0.11 is now available - see 1st post....

sancxjo

#39 Post by sancxjo »

I'm confused by these versions of Skype already. :)
I messed around with 4.1.0.20, and for the first time post 4.2.0.11.
That is, is obtained while I tormented with the previous version, there's a new, and you update the first post? :o
Bravo, the software writers Puppy! :D
Puppy is most suitable for me now Linux!

TIW

Skype 4.2

#40 Post by TIW »

Hi peebee.
I am running Slacko 5.6 and Skype works great.
I do have however a question in regard to the tiny Desktop Tray Icon. How can I increase the size of that Icon ?
Thanks for your help.

peebee

Re: Skype 4.2

#41 Post by peebee »

TIW wrote:Hi peebee.
I am running Slacko 5.6 and Skype works great.
I do have however a question in regard to the tiny Desktop Tray Icon. How can I increase the size of that Icon ?
Thanks for your help.
Hi TIW

Only way I know would be:

JWM Configuration Manager
Tray Management
Tray Height Option

but this would change all tray icons I think

Have a go.
Cheers
peebee

watchdog

#42 Post by watchdog »

gilloraymondo wrote: I clic on "compte microsoft" and I have a message (in french) "Internet is sometimes very slow. Please, verify your Interne conexion works corectly. Please, try again".
For using Microsoft Account in skype4.2 in puppy I have found you need a connection's speed up 3 Mbs. With a 3G internet key at gprs speed it did not work for me but it worked at home at up 3 Mbs connection's speed.

thehulkk

#43 Post by thehulkk »

There is a problem with skype using a proxy to connect to microsft. http://community.skype.com/t5/Linux/sig ... -p/1375467 I installed the latest deb files and all dependencies successfully, but I couldn't log in with my microsoft account, showing the same error from the link.

thehulkk

#44 Post by thehulkk »

Kind of mad at myself. I installed latest skype deb file and all dependencies individually and it worked the first time, but since I couldn't sign in with my microsoft account I uninstall it to try the sfs files, I could've just created a skype account an then link it to my microsoft acount. Anyways, now skype doesn't show in the menu, when I run it in the terminal, it keeps saying it needs libqtgui4.so I think, and it shouldn't because both sfs are loaded, I installed the lib from the package manager, and it still shows the same error message. I uninstall everything, then I install it again from scratch like the first time, it keeps the same error and I'm out of ideas, Can someone with more knowledge help me out here?

Semme

#45 Post by Semme »

The latest deb from where? Sounds like a lib mismatch. What happens when you run: ldd /usr/bin/skype?

thehulkk

#46 Post by thehulkk »

Semme wrote:The latest deb from where? Sounds like a lib mismatch. What happens when you run: ldd /usr/bin/skype?
From the skype website, I picked the ubuntu deb file. I have everything uninstalled now, I can try sfs again an try your command.

Semme

#47 Post by Semme »

The latest Precise? You have the devx loaded too?

thehulkk

#48 Post by thehulkk »

Semme wrote:The latest Precise? You have the devx loaded too?
are you asking me about the puppy version. Yes I'm using 5.7.1. devx? is that a package I need to install?

Semme

#49 Post by Semme »

That you're using the official build, unload that stripped lib and instead load the devx.

Menu >> setup >> sfs manager. Once dwnldd, right click and choose sfs_load.

See if running it this way makes any difference..

thehulkk

#50 Post by thehulkk »

Semme wrote:That you're using the official build, unload that stripped lib and instead load the devx.

Menu >> setup >> sfs manager. Once dwnldd, right click and choose sfs_load.

See if running it this way makes any difference..
It's weird, I installed sfs files again today and they worked this time. Maybe it's because I upgraded the sfs side loader today, or the order in which you install them, who knows? Anyways, I was able to login and everything it's working great, One thing, I had to reboot, but the sfs were not loaded anymore, do you know what could be the reason? I loaded them again, and skype worked again.