[CLOSED]JWM Desktop Updates to V755(Release) and V910(Test)

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
scsijon

#151 Post by scsijon »

@jasper

Joe answered with:-
The window placement has changed somewhat, so I would expect that some windows might open in different locations. Are the applications being started with a "-geometry" option?
I must admit that I haden't seen this mentioned in the changelog, else I would have mentioned it.

Can you try to work it out with sessions help?

I have put the problem on joe's system on hold until needed.

regards

scsijon

#152 Post by scsijon »

@jasper: It seems that the change has happend to fix the problems relating to windows dissapearing off screen.
Details from joe are:
The relevant commits that would have changed the behavior are 3ee8ddc and 4dd7c84. The problem these commits solve relates to the placement of windows that would go off the screen if placed where JWM would normally place a window.

Commit 3ee8ddc makes it so JWM correctly accounts for the window border size.

Commit 4dd7c84 makes it so JWM doesn't revert to the upper left-most position on the screen if the placement algorithm fails (instead, only the direction of the overflow is reset). In addition, 4dd7c84 constrains newly mapped windows to the area of the screen that JWM is willing to use even if a program specifies its own position.
So it looks like we are stuck with them as it's fixing other problems.

---------------------------------

@all: I have uploaded a test build of v777 for your testing.

If all is ok after some user testing, I intend using this for the next release version in about seven days so can I have responses in the thread with the puppy's you have used or tested it against listed please.

I shall also build a x86_64 as previously promised :oops: now I have found which box the Fatdog x86 partition is on! :?

regards

EDIT: 785 will NOT be uploaded tonight. Barryk had found a problem relating to geany which joe had fixed, however it's broken again.

Jasper

#153 Post by Jasper »

Hi scsijon,

Thank you for all the trouble you went to in following up my
observation and advising why Joe made the change for our
greater general good.

My regards

scsijon

#154 Post by scsijon »

Although joe is up to version 790 and I have built a few since v777, problems have been found that don't make me confident enough to be willing to release new test versions.

We shall have to be a little patient.

scsijon

#155 Post by scsijon »

Well, we have a new test version V805.

It contains a few more changes and fixups.

have fun

toowoombalinux

#156 Post by toowoombalinux »

JWM 805 works perfectly in Puppy Lucid - no errors to reports...

Not sure if its the newer jwmconfig file or JWM805 - but my modifications to the tray were over-written - went to backup to restore.

Cheers
Martin

Jasper

#157 Post by Jasper »

Hi scsijon,

My Wine/Windows clock has acquired a green border using v 805 Test.

This is new since V 777 Test.

My regards

PS Just to confirm - I have the same problem that session describes in his post below.
Attachments
image-1.png
(33.73 KiB) Downloaded 638 times
Last edited by Jasper on Sat 22 Jun 2013, 21:44, edited 1 time in total.

session

#158 Post by session »

Taskbar functionality is broken in v805, that is to say, the last minimized window will "stick" in the taskbar. This in turn disables keybindings.
[color=green]Primary[/color] - Intel Pentium 4 2.40GHz, 571MB RAM, ATI Radeon 7000. Linux Mint 17 Qiana installed.
[color=blue]Secondary[/color] - Pentium 3 533MHz, 385MB RAM, ATI Rage 128 Pro ULTRA TF. Precise Puppy 5.7.1 Retro full install.

scsijon

#159 Post by scsijon »

@session and @jasper

Issue #62 has been allocated to your problems with jwm v805

I was going to build 806 but will now await fixes

EDIT: Both of these are suposedly fixed with version 810 which I shall upload tonight afer a test or two.

scsijon

#160 Post by scsijon »

jwm version 815 is up for testing, if stable this will be rebuilt to become the next release.

Jasper

#161 Post by Jasper »

Hi scsijon ,

I'm sorry to report that neither the clock nor the taskbar
errors are fixed here using Precise 5.6 and v815 Test.

My regards

scsijon

#162 Post by scsijon »

a new version 818 with fixes will appear later this morning that should at least fix one if not both problems.

Jasper

#163 Post by Jasper »

Hi scsijon,

Any news?

My regards

Addendum:

My question is withdrawn - I now see that
an update to v 819 is expected tomorrow.

scsijon

#164 Post by scsijon »

Jasper wrote:Hi scsijon,

Any news?

My regards

Addendum:

My question is withdrawn - I now see that
an update to v 819 is expected tomorrow.
yup, and it seems to have tested ok to all my listed problems to test against, as well.

Been stable now with joe for a week to, so unless problems ocurr from others it WILL be our new release version.

Now, back to that pesky doorway!

Jasper

#165 Post by Jasper »

Hi again,

The minimisation/tray problem is fixed.

The Windows/Wine clock border is not.

My regards

session

JWM and ROX auto-resize

#166 Post by session »

When ROX-Filer auto-resizes a window, the window can appear below the bottom taskbar. This is recent, sometime after v777.
[color=green]Primary[/color] - Intel Pentium 4 2.40GHz, 571MB RAM, ATI Radeon 7000. Linux Mint 17 Qiana installed.
[color=blue]Secondary[/color] - Pentium 3 533MHz, 385MB RAM, ATI Rage 128 Pro ULTRA TF. Precise Puppy 5.7.1 Retro full install.

scsijon

#167 Post by scsijon »

whole lot of fixes, v827 should appear sometime tonight after Fruits Basket is finished.

@session, your problem should have been fixed with 827, let me know if it didn't please.

scsijon

#168 Post by scsijon »

I was about to upload jwm v831 with a warning on permissions (a problem I found for puppy people) as I know a number of puppians are awaiting it when I found that joe has just updated to version 835. I will build and test and upload if ok tonight.

scsijon

Test Version 835

#169 Post by scsijon »

Test Version 835 is now loaded, I know there are a number awaiting it for fixes. Sorry, but I had a problem with my builder and had to eventually reinstall it to fix the problem.

As I say in my page 1 post, many languages are still wanted to add to joe's default JWM set, if you can help please consider doing it.

scsijon

#170 Post by scsijon »

v835 will become the release version when I have time to rebuild/repackage this coming week. For those already running the test version your ok as is, the changes only relate to major steps and platforms.