32 and 64 bit versions.

Lite to follow.

You will need to join up.

http://www.4shared.com/account/home.jsp#dir=6bnMf2zs

Chris.

Announcer

#2 Post by Announcer »

Thanks, Chris.

Not sure what happened to the thread I started, it seems to have been deleted.

Too bad iPage.com wrecked all of the excitement, shutting down my site for "abnormal traffic".

cthisbear

#3 Post by cthisbear »

All versions up...plus the checksum from Announcer.

"""""

" Not sure what happened to the thread I started, it seems to have
been deleted. "

Thought that might have been my Magnetic Personality at work.
Usually only short term effects.

I did wish you better times mate in that lost post.

Cheers.

Better Things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdCVlmmnOzA

Chris.
Last edited by cthisbear on Sat 01 Mar 2014, 00:08, edited 1 time in total.

Announcer

#4 Post by Announcer »

Oh you contributed something inflammatory?

Never saw it. :-)

cthisbear

#5 Post by cthisbear »

" Oh you contributed something inflammatory? "

Everybody's onto me.

No, actually anti inflammatory for a change.

Don't tell Me MUM I've been nice.

Chris.

nancy reagan

maybe l0wtech was around again ?

#6 Post by nancy reagan »

Announcer wrote:Thanks, Chris.

Not sure what happened to the thread I started, it seems to have been deleted.

Too bad iPage.com wrecked all of the excitement, shutting down my site for "abnormal traffic".
Maybe l0wtech was around again ?

Announcer

#7 Post by Announcer »

cthisbear wrote:Don't tell Me MUM I've been nice.
I won't!

I've attached the checksum.
Attachments
md5sum.gz
(143 Bytes) Downloaded 427 times

Puppus Dogfellow

#8 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

mirrored

will take it down (or add stuff you think is relevant to the folder) at your request.

Announcer

#9 Post by Announcer »

ciento

#10 Post by ciento »

Thanks for making this available, and for hosting
without hoops! 8)

Announcer

#11 Post by Announcer »

No problem ciento, and thank you!

gcmartin

#12 Post by gcmartin »

@Announcement, Thanks for this distro.

I have tested the 64bit version as a general desktop and want to express that this is the fastest browser experience I have had of any PUP, to date. It appears real-time has a distinct advantage here. Further, if may be a perception but access to my NAS also appears to have a snappier feel in access.

Maybe your next interation could/would have SAMBA so that content created can be shared or streamed into my LAN so that other PCs can see stuff shared.

Thanks for this exceptional work.

Announcer

#13 Post by Announcer »

Thanks. :-)

(Noted about samba.)

greengeek

#14 Post by greengeek »

Thanks. This is a sweet sweet thing! (I'm using the 32 bit Lite version from LiveCD - my preferred method).

Are you ok with me passing this onto school students? My wife is a teacher at a secondary school (2500+ students from 13yrs to 18 yrs) and I'm keen to get her to give some copies to the music and media studies departments and see what level of interest there is.

Also - do you have any pointers about what the difference is between the Lite version and the DVD version? cheers!

EDIT : Forgot to mention - while I was googling Studio 1337 I came up with this old post:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69737
Gave me a chuckle.

Announcer

#15 Post by Announcer »

Nope, go ahead. As for the "lite" version, it comes with almost all of the music studio software, but there's no video editors, GIMP, etc. That's so it can fit on a CD.

There's a few differences between the digital download versions and the usb stick version. For one thing, an additional sfs file containing all of the extras is automatically loaded from the usb stick. The whole process is very fast and seamless, and doesn't interfere with the loading of the desktop. With the download, you have to have a dvd version (which comes with the z_extras sfs) and then manually load it with sfsload by right-clicking. The extras sfs can also be loaded and unloaded by clicking a button on the app bar at the bottom of the screen with the usb version, but with the downloaded version that isn't automatically the case.

Also, the usb stick comes with a script-generated savefile populated with several system files. It also comes with a Factory Reset feature which is essentially useless with the download versions.

gcmartin

#16 Post by gcmartin »

Hello @Announcer

I have a High-school system which has IT coursework in its curriculum. Asking permission to share your work, as well. Their PCs throughout the school are 2007-2011 PCs, all, of course, 64bit capable running WinXPs. They are due for a mass replacement come this fall because of Microsoft's dropping support..

I think this is a great work which should appeal to the creative side of school (which has a radio studio).

With your permission, I will share to see if one of the teachers is willing to add a module to their curriculum where a Live DVD can be shown as portable and useful, license-free.

Question
Understanding what you share in DVD vs USB, in your next version upgrade, has there been any thoughts of whether you will continue to follow the practice of USB and DVD offering? And, if not, will the DVD have same packaging that is in USB version?

Thanks in advance.

Announcer

#17 Post by Announcer »

For sure!

As for dvd vs usb, there's not really any difference in functionality, apart from utilizing advantages inherent in the usb format. (It wouldn't make much sense to include a savefile on the CD, for instance.) So, no. Probably.

Volhout

Studio 1337

#18 Post by Volhout »

Hi Announcer,

When you made studio available, I thought, let's grab it while it is available .. and stored it for later user. The 1337 attracted me becuase I run Slacko533 (based on same slackware) and it is very stable, and supports my hardware.

Well later became sooner, now my wife wanted me to transpose a score. I thought lets try 1337. Indeed, Musescore opened the score, and I could transpose it. nice work. It was my first encounter with Studio.

One thing did not work though. WIFI. In Slacko 533 there is support for my RT3900 wifi, not in Studio1337. I think you replaced the kernel ?? I remember I read something about a real time kernel.

Is this kernel able to support my WIFI in any way ? Adding a kernel module ? Or should I compile this module from scratch to match the real time kernel ?

I know you abandoned the project, and I am not begging for support on something I did not pay for, but you may be able to tell me if it is possible at all.

Regards,

Volhout

ciento

#19 Post by ciento »

try installing frisbee, from a pet,
or repo setup

I recall seeing it mentioned often, but
I'm not expert in wifi, so prefer 'real'
advice, when it arrives :)

Announcer

#20 Post by Announcer »

You could try putting the firmware file for it in /lib/firmware and see if it works.

I was actually getting some paid digital downloads there for a while, so we'll see what happens.