Good one Puppy!!

Promote Puppy !
gkgazza27

Good one Puppy!!

#1 Post by gkgazza27 »

hi to all, and a big thank you to all who worked to make Precise 5.4.2, it is a great little giant!, I found my new OS for my laptop Acer Aspire 3684 in Puppy-Precise! this laptop is the first pc I bought in 2007, I used many Ubuntu's and a lot of it's deritives (Mint, Peppermint3) installed in it, but only Puppy works so good in it! the reason is that the laptop is low powered, I also have precise installed on my home made desktop Asus motherboard, AMD cpu and AMD/ATI graphics, with Windows 7 profesional, Ubuntu 12.10, and Peppermint3 with Gnome 3 for desktop manager, I am sorry but I don't like LXDE so much, and Precise works better than all of them put together! I've also got a little netbook Acer eMachines 355-N571G with Windows 7 starter on it, I boot via usb drive Precise and Slacko 5.4 on that, now I have read and heard a lot of posts and reviews about Puppy, some guy's say that it is designed/build for low powered pc's with old hardware and that it cant be compared with Windows or Ubuntu, witch is a load of crap! they cant understand that puppy was designed as a flexible, universal and Real userfriendly system an OS that is dsigned to boot from anything it is burned or installed on and run on any pc with any hardware, I can boot Precise or Slacko on all my pc's at any time from a usb drive, do my work save everything in 'my-documents' and then boot it on another pc and find everything as I left them, someone might say that I can do the same with Ubuntu but you try and do it on my laptop and you will get a black screen from the start till the end!! please don't get me wrong I am not saying that Ubuntu isn't good it is, but it doesn't boot on my old laptop and it only has half of the applications Puppy has and that goes for the rest of them also, I had Peppermint3 on the laptop and it worked fine but when I added Gnome 3 on it it started crashing and wouldn't work fine anymore. well anyway I think that Puppy will replace Windows 7 on my netbook also! Thanks Puppy!!
Attachments
Puppy-Precise on my laptop-1.jpg
(93.25 KiB) Downloaded 1091 times
Presice-Puppy 5.4.2, fully installed on an Acer Aspire 3684WXMi :D