How to use Alcatel AL720 USB wireless in Precise 5.4.2?

gkgazza27

How to use Alcatel AL720 USB wireless in Precise 5.4.2?

#1 Post by gkgazza27 »

hi to all! been long since I've been here, been using Presice 5.4.2 fully installed in an Acer Aspire 3684WXMi laptop with Celeron M 440 1.83ghz, graphics:Intel GM945 chipset and 512mb memory, apart from a few problems with installing apps from ppm, and a couple of apps in menu, like screenie that does not work, Presice works great as for the apps with the problems I found others on the apps index to replace, like firefox I got the one that is build for Slacko, as for the problem with the black screen, I only had that with Puppy 'Carolina 004',

Now to come to my problem: I have a usb mobile broadband modem from: 'dodo', it is: AL720 by Alcatel, use it on an eMachines netbook :355 N571G, with windows 7 starter on it, my problem is I cant use it with my Puppy laptop, it is recognised, the modem scans for the network but it wont connect, in tests that I did I even got it to connect once but it immediatelly disconnected, from some googling I did I read a post that said to use the activation code but I cant find where to place this code, also to overcome this problem I found that you can connect via smartphone but I don't know how to set this up, hopefully someone might be able to help me, Thanks in advance, Gary.

gkgazza27

partly solved

#2 Post by gkgazza27 »

hi again partly solved my problem connected via wifi hotspot tethering as I write this words, I had to get freesbe so I can connect to the phones wifi hotspot, I dont know how I am going to connect using the usb wireless modem?
Presice-Puppy 5.4.2, fully installed on an Acer Aspire 3684WXMi :D

gkgazza27

Solved

#3 Post by gkgazza27 »

gkgazza27 wrote:hi again partly solved my problem connected via wifi hotspot tethering as I write this words, I had to get freesbe so I can connect to the phones wifi hotspot, I dont know how I am going to connect using the usb wireless modem?
hi finaly I was able to solve the problem the Alcatel AL720 usb wireless modem is working in Puppy-Precise, I have not tried with any other linux distros, the problem was not from Puppy, but from the configuration setup, a line in it had some symbles that had been wrong and had to change them. I found the answer on the help page of Puppys connection wizard.
Presice-Puppy 5.4.2, fully installed on an Acer Aspire 3684WXMi :D