Browserlinux 501 Wireless Issue.

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
FaloNZ

Browserlinux 501 Wireless Issue.

#1 Post by FaloNZ »

Hello,

I recently needed to setup a machine that was simply going to play a scrolling text site we've created that staff can see as they enter the building so I decided to setup BrowserLinux and install the Kiosk Add for FF which does exactly what I need.

Where this device is located I cannot reach a LAN cable so I'm forced to use the Wireless which works fine when you go through the Simple Network Setup menu, find the wireless connection you wish to use and connect to it but the problem is when I've setup everything as I want it, make sure the option for SNS is set for default is that the wireless does not reconnect itself when the device has rebooted and I have to manually reconnect it which defeats the purpose of this setup.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there an alternative I can put in place to make sure the Wireless connects at boot up so when FireFox boots it can actually see the page?

Thanks,

Falo

FaloNZ

#2 Post by FaloNZ »

Ok, I had a look around and found a newer version of BrowserLinux so I've now installed that and set it up.

So now the issue with the Wireless not re-detecting at boot up has gone but now instead of that it doesn't remember which Wireless connection to use it keeps defaulting to one that we use for our Guest Wireless which requires a pass key (and I didn't ask it to connect to that before), I instead want it to default to one where I've reserved an IP on it for.

I'm not particularly Linux savvy, does anyone know how I can force it to default to the Wireless network that I connected it to before it was rebooted? Or maybe a different Wireless Manage that I could install that has a little more options/more reliable?