Slacko-5.4 feedback and bug reports

Please post any bugs you have found
nooby

#271 Post by nooby »

I've noticed that one too. I looked at a 60 minutes science show
on streaming media and suddenly it got down but moving the mouse
got it back.

so if somebody know what to do about it that would be cool.
If you are good at searching using google use the link in my signature.
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

pemasu

#272 Post by pemasu »

Sounds like dpms. You can switch it off by using xset. Here is gui to do it.

http://208.109.22.214/puppy/viewtopic.p ... 06c#662224
Attachments
xset-ssm2-linuph-0.0.1.pet
(45.65 KiB) Downloaded 600 times

natgab

#273 Post by natgab »

pemasu wrote:Sounds like dpms. You can switch it off by using xset. Here is gui to do it.

http://208.109.22.214/puppy/viewtopic.p ... 06c#662224
---So, do I just download the pet you posted and install? Does that fix the screensaver bug? Will it add a button to my power saving panel or will it just fix things and still look the same?
[b]Thinkpad T43[/b] / Pentium M 1.86Ghz / 2.0GB RAM / 100GB HD / 1024 x 768 XGA / Intel 915GM Video / Intel 8280FB Audio / Atheros AR5212 WIFI / DVD-CDRW-ROM / Ubuntu MATE 15.04 / LxPupTahr15.05

pemasu

#274 Post by pemasu »

I dont know what is power saving panel. But the pet installs menu entry under Utility. Xset screensaver manager. Launch it. Put all settings off and there shouldnt be any automatic display blackening. If the problem comes from dpms.

When you watch streamed video, the dpms will be triggered at default intervals. I suffer from that when watching streamed video through my laptop via hdmi to the lcd tv. I use that pet to disable dpms default settings.

natgab

#275 Post by natgab »

pemasu wrote:I dont know what is power saving panel. But the pet installs menu entry under Utility. Xset screensaver manager. Launch it. Put all settings off and there shouldnt be any automatic display blackening. If the problem comes from dpms.

When you watch streamed video, the dpms will be triggered at default intervals. I suffer from that when watching streamed video through my laptop via hdmi to the lcd tv. I use that pet to disable dpms default settings.
This is the panel I am talking about, " Power Management Preferences". This is how I have my computer set when I watch movies. I will go and download the PET. Thanks for explaining where to look for it.

EDIT: I downloaded the PET, double clicked it and it said installed. It said it was in the Setup Menu. I looked there and Utility. No new entry called " Xset screensaver manager". :(

[b]Thinkpad T43[/b] / Pentium M 1.86Ghz / 2.0GB RAM / 100GB HD / 1024 x 768 XGA / Intel 915GM Video / Intel 8280FB Audio / Atheros AR5212 WIFI / DVD-CDRW-ROM / Ubuntu MATE 15.04 / LxPupTahr15.05

pemasu

#276 Post by pemasu »

Sorry. I had Setup as menu entry when I did dir2pet. Now the pet has been fixed so that it appears in Utility.

Natgab. I dont recognize that setting panel. I believe you are not using JWM. Your setup looks like xfce desktop. If so...I know nothing about it. Are you really using Slacko or do you use some derivative based on Slacko. If you are using derivative, then you should probably ask about the problem in that thread also.

Basically what you need is, in console: xset -dpms s off

I suppose your power management settings panel provides something like that with right options also.

PupControl has the syntax also: /usr/local/PupControl/func
xset s off dpms 0 0 0 -dpms
under Desktop > Screensaver Control, you can find option to set screensaver and dpms off.

The pet I provide has the similar function to enable and disable screensaver and dpms. It is just one purpose pet.
Attachments
xset-ssm2-linuph-0.0.2.pet
(45.56 KiB) Downloaded 560 times

natgab

#277 Post by natgab »

pemasu wrote:Sorry. I had Setup as menu entry when I did dir2pet. Now the pet has been fixed so that it appears in Utility.

Natgab. I dont recognize that setting panel. I believe you are not using JWM. Your setup looks like xfce desktop. If so...I know nothing about it. Are you really using Slacko or do you use some derivative based on Slacko. If you are using derivative, then you should probably ask about the problem in that thread also.

Basically what you need is, in console: xset -dpms s off

I suppose your power management settings panel provides something like that with right options also.

PupControl has the syntax also: /usr/local/PupControl/func
xset s off dpms 0 0 0 -dpms
under Desktop > Screensaver Control, you can find option to set screensaver and dpms off.

The pet I provide has the similar function to enable and disable screensaver and dpms. It is just one purpose pet.
It is indeed a derivative. Lxpup 13.01 with MATE desktop, ROX and the single click drive me crazy. :P I will switch back to JWM and try the fix, maybe I will only need to switch Desktops to watch movies.

If that does not work, I will just get another USB and use a Lucid Puppy just for watching movies.

hal8000

Slacko 5.4 with firefox Shutdown problems

#278 Post by hal8000 »

I'm using Slacko 5.4 in live mode booting from a CDR.
All hardware detected but when I shutdown or issue a shurdown command
like:

shutdown -h 0

My computer does not power off and monitor just displays a black screen-
possibly an ACPI issue or maybe I just need to a append a boot command.

Also, after using Slacko puppy if I try to reboot same thing happens, pc never powers down and monitor no picture on monitor (monitor has power just black screen).

This is no big deal I just hit reset button on tower case to reboot.

Hardware is Intel P5 750
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3
500G SATA HDD
ATI HD5770 graphics card.

npierce

#279 Post by npierce »

natgab wrote:ROX and the single click drive me crazy. :P
Your sanity can be maintained.

Right-click on an icon in a ROX-Filer window and select Options from the menu, or right-click on an icon on the desktop (ROX-Filer pinboard) and select ROX-Filer -> Options. Either way you should get to a dialog box where you can untick:

Filer windows -> Window behaviour -> Single-click navigation

and

Pinboard -> Pinboard behaviour -> Single-click to open

Pelo

You fing everything in menu category desktop !

#280 Post by Pelo »

You fing everything in menu category desktop ! Is it a good idea ?
Attachments
Slacko 5-4.jpg
(169.09 KiB) Downloaded 559 times

Pelo

Alsmamixer pf4 capture settings

#281 Post by Pelo »

Alsamixer pf4 capture settings : i cannot acces to capture
Ok with Retrovol.

johnywhy

Can't Install Synaptics Touchpad

#282 Post by johnywhy »

Hello, not sure if this applies to this Slacko. I'm using:
# uname -a
Linux puppypc3210 3.1.10-slacko_4gA #1 SMP Tue Mar 13 14:58:11 EST 2012 i686 GNU/Linux
if this slacko is too old, then never mind :)

trying to install synaptics. After installing packages below, i'm still getting:
# synclient TapButton2=3
Couldn't find synaptics properties. No synaptics driver loaded?
I have tried the following packages:

https://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux ... x_pets_sfs
xf86-input-synaptics-1.3.0-i486.pet
flSynclient-0.7-spup.pet

http://packages.slackware.com
xf86-input-synaptics-1.8.0-i486-1.txz
libevdev-1.2-i486-1.txz

https://archive.org/download/Puppy_Linu ... n_pets_sfs
- no synaptics available
[b]Now[/b]: X-Tahr 2.0! StretchDog! DevuanDog!
[b]Tops[/b]: TarhNOP Vlina-R2 Racy
[b]Used[/b]: Puppeee Precise Lucid Wary Tahrpup Quirky Slacko MacPup Saluki Puppy Studio LxPupTarh Lina-Lite Lina
[i]i ♥ Puppy[/i]