Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 19 Sep 2014, 07:49
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Translating Carolina into Dutch
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
Draker

PostPosted: Sat 01 Dec 2012, 02:01    Post subject:  Translating Carolina into Dutch
Subject description: Do I need Momanager?

Hello All.

trying again, probably misplaced my question the first time?

I'm into translating Carolina for my native language, Dutch.
Carolina is at the base a Offspring to Wary5xx, therefore Momanager should be present?

Regards, Berry.
vicmz

PostPosted: Sat 01 Dec 2012, 12:44    Post subject:  

Hi Berry Very Happy

Only puppies made from the latest original Woof (Woof2) have Momanager built-in (Puppy 5.3 and higher, except Slacko 5.3.1). For others you must have some gettext knowledge to build the .pot files and to make translatable by yourself the scripts that aren't internationalised, but many applications and interfaces already have translation files, so it isn't too heavy. Note that the language pack will be compatible only with that pupplet, this means Dutch speakers will have little choices for Puppies in their language.

Official language packs for Puppy Linux made through Momanager at this time: French, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish.
Pupplets compatible with official language packs: Dpup Exprimo (Pemasu), Upup Precise (Pemasu), Lxpup (Jejy69), Precise NOP (Gray). (Basically any pupplet made from the latest original Woof or derived from the latest official builds of Puppy Linux including Puppy 5.3 and higher, except Slacko 5.3.1)

Draker

PostPosted: Sun 02 Dec 2012, 05:51    Post subject:  

vicmz wrote:
Hi Berry Very Happy

Only puppies made from the latest original Woof (Woof2) have Momanager built-in (Puppy 5.3 and higher, except Slacko 5.3.1). For others you must have some gettext knowledge to build the .pot files and to make translatable by yourself the scripts that aren't internationalised, but many applications and interfaces already have translation files, so it isn't too heavy. Note that the language pack will be compatible only with that pupplet, this means Dutch speakers will have little choices for Puppies in their language.

Official language packs for Puppy Linux made through Momanager at this time: French, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish.
Pupplets compatible with official language packs: Dpup Exprimo (Pemasu), Upup Precise (Pemasu), Lxpup (Jejy69), Precise NOP (Gray). (Basically any pupplet made from the latest original Woof or derived from the latest official builds of Puppy Linux including Puppy 5.3 and higher, except Slacko 5.3.1)

Hi vicmz Smile

Though i allready read about it, just not carefull enough as it seems Sad
Just installed several other pups to get a broader picture, make my choice upon testing them and then intend to translate it (them) to the full extend with help of my sons. They trapped me into this Very Happy

Thx for your reply an took the time to answer a noob!
cthisbear

PostPosted: Sun 02 Dec 2012, 06:11    Post subject:  

Draker ....welcome to Puppy mate.

Chris.
Draker

PostPosted: Sun 02 Dec 2012, 06:37    Post subject:  

cthisbear wrote:
Draker ....welcome to Puppy mate.

Chris.

Hi cthisbear Smile

Thx for the welcome!
Hope i can deliver a good job to the community.
I'm already using LMDE for a while and since a couple of weeks two puppy's as an full-alternative to MS windows. Allready replaced MS on several PC's among family and friends with LMDE, now going into puppy for the slightly older machines.
As it seems Linux is growing up for a replacement of de Status Quo.
What it needs is community effort and alignment, that's more a problem that seems to exist all around Linux Distro's. Diversity is OK.
Fragmentation though, a nail to the coffin (so to speak).

Thx again for the welcome!

Berry.
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: