HP LaserJet 100 colorMFP M175nw

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
Krypton

HP LaserJet 100 colorMFP M175nw

#1 Post by Krypton »

I can't get this printer to work. It is supposed to be supported by HPlip 3.11.7, but I can't find the driver in the list, when I try to install it.

rcrsn51

Re: HP LaserJet 100 colorMFP M175nw

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

Krypton wrote:I can't get this printer to work. It is supposed to be supported by HPlip 3.11.7, but I can't find the driver in the list, when I try to install it.
Please describe how you are trying to install it.

Krypton

Re: HP LaserJet 100 colorMFP M175nw

#3 Post by Krypton »

rcrsn51 wrote:Please describe how you are trying to install it.
I click "Find new printers" in the CUPS Admin. It finds my printer and let me pick the driver from a long list. My printer is not in that list even after I have installed hplip_print-3.12.10a.pet .

rcrsn51

#4 Post by rcrsn51 »

I can't find it either. But just to be sure, it's not at the very top of the list?

If you look in the CUPS file /usr/share/cups/drv/hp/hpcups.drv, it isn't mentioned. However, it does appear in the file /usr/share/hplip/data/models/models.dat that is used for the scanner component.

[Edit] This printer claims to be PCL6-compatible. Try installing it as a Laserjet 6. Also, if you look in the Generic section (instead of HP) there are some possible choices.

[Edit] I found your PPD file. It is a Postscript version that is not included in the PET. When you install it, your printer will appear in CUPS as a "Laserjet 100 colour MFP M175".
Attachments
laserjet_100_color_mfp_m175_ps_ppd-1.0.pet
(36.82 KiB) Downloaded 798 times

Krypton

#5 Post by Krypton »

Great! It works! Many thanks

rcrsn51

#6 Post by rcrsn51 »

What works? The Postscript PPD?

What Puppy version are you using?

As a test, try printing from several applications, including your web browser. Is it OK?

Also, can you confirm that you do NOT need the hplip_print package to make this printer work? You would need a clean Puppy setup where you only install the PPD file.

Krypton

#7 Post by Krypton »

rcrsn51 wrote:What works? The Postscript PPD?

What Puppy version are you using?

As a test, try printing from several applications, including your web browser. Is it OK?

Also, can you confirm that you do NOT need the hplip_print package to make this printer work? You would need a clean Puppy setup where you only install the PPD file.
I'm using Precise Puppy 5.4.1 and with a clean install with only the PPD file installed I it works to print from all applications I've tested.

rcrsn51

#8 Post by rcrsn51 »

Krypton wrote:I'm using Precise Puppy 5.4.1 and with a clean install with only the PPD file installed I it works to print from all applications I've tested.
Excellent. Thank you for testing this. I've noticed a number of recent HP models that are using this Postscript-only system.