Spotify client for Tahrpup 6 & Slacko 5.7

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
ribblle

#31 Post by ribblle »

Certainly

tempestuous

#32 Post by tempestuous »

I just downloaded the latest i386 build of Spotify for Linux (v0.9.4.183)
I can package it as a dotpet if anyone wants it.

To launch this under Slacko 5.7 you need to install -

i) the latest Qt, from the Sfs Manger utility.
ii) my Slacko-5.7-fix dotpet from the first post
iii) gstreamer. Download now available here -
http://www.smokey01.com/tempestuous/gst ... .10.35.pet

Under Tahrpup 6.x most dependencies are already met, so all you should need is gstreamer.

ribblle

#33 Post by ribblle »

I accidentally opened that gstreamer pet with a text editor instead of the default application for running pets. What should i run it with?

Nevermind, this does it.

tempestuous

#34 Post by tempestuous »

ribblle wrote:Nevermind, Extract-pet 1.7 does it.
Way too complicated.

dotpets are installed with Puppy's file manager, ROX. Navigate to where the dotpet resides in the filesystem, then click once on the dotpet.
It's been that way since the Puppy 2.x days in 2006.

tempestuous

#35 Post by tempestuous »

I just packaged the latest Spotify version for Tahrpup 6.x and Slacko 5.7.x.
Download and installation details in the first post.

ribblle

#36 Post by ribblle »

Ignore

Semme

#37 Post by Semme »

Tahr? Flies like an eagle!
Attachments
planets_coolest-chill.jpg
(47.4 KiB) Downloaded 374 times
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

ribblle

#38 Post by ribblle »

No such luck. The patched spotify pet and qstreamer successfullly installs for me, and i've loaded the QT, but the spotify-client-i386-0.9.4.183.pet fails to install. Yet, i still have the yellow "please wait processing" popup.

Semme

#39 Post by Semme »

Vanilla install.. I used a different Qt.

I installed Gconf.

Ribblle, you're setup no longer uses /usr/lib/firefox-17.0.11, which, in my opinion, is an utterly stupid naming convention.

And actually Tempestuous, the old libs didn't work for me. Spotify wants a later FF build.

No matter how you slice it, this folder should be named firefox.

Did I mention utterly stupid? Who in the hey would stay @ 17?

Menu launch? Doesn't work. From a shell? Fine.

I had the same damn problem with my SFS.

Here's the terminal:

Code: Select all

[0818/153038:ERROR:zygote_host_impl_linux.cc(146)] Running without the SUID sandbox! See https://code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki/LinuxSUIDSandboxDevelopment for more information on developing with the sandbox on.
QPixmap::handle(): Pixmap is not an X11 class pixmap
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

tempestuous

#40 Post by tempestuous »

ribblle wrote:spotify-client-i386-0.9.4.183.pet fails to install. Yet, i still have the yellow "please wait processing" popup.
I just did a test-install of the spotify dotpet in a clean boot to a Slacko 5.7.0. CD. Installs fine.
It's a large dotpet at around 41MB, so your problem may be related to RAM or a small pupsave file?

Semme wrote:Vanilla install.. I used a different Qt.
I recommended Qt 4.8.2 only because that seems the most "standard" approach for Slacko users - via Menu > Setup > Sfs Manager.
Semme wrote:I installed Gconf.
The old spotify version did require Gconf, but this version gave no error message at startup relating to missing Gconf.

The error messages you see relate mainly to Puppy running as root user. These errors are trivial.
Semme wrote:Menu launch? Doesn't work.
Menu launch works fine here after installing to a clean boot of the Tahrpup 6.0.1 CD.
Semme wrote:Ribblle, your setup no longer uses /usr/lib/firefox-17.0.11, which, in my opinion, is an utterly stupid naming convention.
And actually Tempestuous, the old libs didn't work for me. Spotify wants a later FF build.
So can you tell me which Firefox version works for Spotify in Slacko 5.7? The one from Puppy Package Manager - v27.0.1 ?
Then I can fix the Slacko-Firefox-fix dotpet.

ribblle

#41 Post by ribblle »

I've got several gigs free, so that's not it. To clarify, i updated Slacko's Firefox so i could use flash, which may be why it doesn't work for me.

Semme

#42 Post by Semme »

That's because..

What you wanna do now is rename the FF folder your using to reflect the directory these point to.
Attachments
these_point_to_your_17.0.11_folder.jpg
(28.16 KiB) Downloaded 287 times

Semme

#43 Post by Semme »

Stock Slacko_5.7.. Fresh save file.. NO programs updated.. These installed in order.. NO menu launch.

Terminal says:

# spotify
spotify: error while loading shared libraries: libgconf-2.so.4: cannot open shared object file: 
No such file or directory
GConf-3.2.5 installed via PPM >> polkit skipped as I know it's already installed.

NO menu launch. Fires from the shell and logs in without issue.

tempestuous

#44 Post by tempestuous »

Semme wrote:NO menu launch
Can you please open /root/.jwmrc in Geany, and where you see "spotify %N"
delete the " %N" and save.
Now try to launch from the menu.

ribblle

#45 Post by ribblle »

Changed the Firefox folder name to Firefox-17.0.11, still no joy.

Semme

#46 Post by Semme »

Tempestuous, no such animal. In the meantime I'll look elsewhere..

PS - With a little folder renaming, Spotify continues to work with Slacko's FF 27 pet, sans menu launch.

It's gotta be an environment variable somewhere..

Semme

#47 Post by Semme »

:? Odd.. After a reboot she launches.

If I kill it after initial launch and login, the second round doesn't open full-screen.

When attempting to go to full-screen, its window simply shifts down.

I've gotta stretch everything open then exit from the taskbar while holding down Ctrl in order to open full screen again.

A truly *bizarre* program.

Semme

#48 Post by Semme »

I must have been delusional thinking I could question someone that's not here for a working solution.

:P Duh..

tempestuous

#49 Post by tempestuous »

What I didn't mention was that I don't have a Spotify account, so when I launch the application I only get as far as the login prompt. So I rely on Semme's information regarding necessary Firefox version, and requirement for GConf.
To this end I have updated the instructions in the first post, and modified my compatibility dotpet for Firefox libs in Slacko. (The symlinks now point to /usr/lib/firefox).

Semme

#50 Post by Semme »

Big Guy, you may wanna make this #4. It's for anyone running the build Slacko shipped with.

#!/bin/sh
mv /usr/lib/firefox-17.0.11 /usr/lib/firefox
rm -f /usr/bin/firefox
ln -s /usr/lib/firefox/firefox /usr/bin/firefox
exit
Furthermore, a reboot's not only a good idea, it's *absolutely* essential for a menu launch.