Xfmedia is back again (Pets here)

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
Pelo

Xfmedia is back again (Pets here)

#1 Post by Pelo »

7.11 xfce shortcuts are stored in

~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts.xml
and therer are plenty of other cool files there

Xfmedia pets
xine-lib-1.1.8.pet 1.5MB available in Puppy IV repository puppylinux/pet_packages-4/xine-lib-1.1.8.pet Click the blue.
Xfmedia was in Unsorted category.
XFMedia on Puppies XFCE will succeed where other failed, Old stuff, good stuff, and for just a few MBs (2 !)
Attachments
xfmedia-0.9.2.pet
(125.62 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
libxfce4util-4.4.1.pet
(18.88 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
libexo_lib-0.3.2.pet
(75.38 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
Last edited by Pelo on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 09:36, edited 4 times in total.

Pelo

Xfmedia is a lightweight media player

#2 Post by Pelo »

Xfmedia is a lightweight media player for the XFCE desktop environment.
It is a Xine (libxine) front-end, which means that anything you can play with Gxine you can also play with Xfmedia.

"You are digging up a message from ten years ago. Literally ten years ago. That is not an exaggeration. This is completely ridiculous. Cease this practice of yours. It serves only to clutter the forum"
Xfmedia still works, and plays everything. 2016, Slacko 6XXX !
My only criteria : it works or not

I care about brandnew applications too : alexandra, a video manager (Xenial pup needed) is as a Jukebox, but for movies.
Attachments
XFmedia.jpg
Use it on XFCE X-Slacko, just issued.
(59.13 KiB) Downloaded 460 times

Médor

#3 Post by Médor »

@ Pelo :

Check your PPM for xine in Slacko-6x ;)

https://www.spurint.org/projects/xfmedia/
xfmedia wrote:Note that Xfmedia is abandoned and likely doesn't build or run anymore. For alternatives, you might try xine

Cheers,
Médor.
[b][url=http://wellminded.net63.net/]Recherches Puppy[/url]|[url=http://puppylinux.org/wikka/PageIndex]Index Puppy[/url]|[url=http://smokey01.com/bruceb/france.html]Index FR[/url]|[url=http://toutoulinux.free.fr/tuto.php]Tuto Toutou[/url][/b]

TyroBGinner

#4 Post by TyroBGinner »

Your criteria is if it works or not? It seems that your criteria is based more on how much you can pollute this place with dead programs.

And if all you care about is whether or not something works, then why don't you dispense with x86 machines and start using an Osborne or Altair? Even better, don't use anything that is powered by electricity. Just drop back to an abacus. Oh wait, that is likely too new, sophisticated, and technical...better to stick to counting with your fingers.

And never mind about fancy programs that are written in C, php, ruby, or whatever. You can retreat back to writing in assembly, coding pure machine language by hand, and encoding characters in EBCDIC.

We can give up cars in favor of walking, give up houses in favor of caves, and give up plumbing in favor of crapping in the woods.

After all, these things work, right?

learnhow2code

#5 Post by learnhow2code »

a legacy/vintage puppy forum would be fantastic, perhaps there could be a vintage puppy subforum for anything more than 4 years old.

personally i dont feel the need to segregate the forum like that, but enough people have complained about this sort of thing in the past week, perhaps a vintage puppy subforum could work. i recommend 4 years, not 5-- but it could be 5.

ebisu

#6 Post by ebisu »

TyroBGinner wrote:Your criteria is if it works or not? It seems that your criteria is based more on how much you can pollute this place with dead programs
What are your criteria? You call Rox a good, popular, relatively recent program. You must be kidding. Rox was last updated almost 11 years ago. If Rox is relatively recent then what is Xfmedia? Rox is still full of bugs and quirks. A "good program"? I don't mind if a program is 20 years old as long as it works. If it works and is useful it can't be dead.

If someone takes the time and trouble and tests these oldies with new Puppies and then reports the result I can't see anything wrong with it. The quality and the frequency of Pelo's posts is a different story. Just ignore them if you don't like them.

Robert123

#7 Post by Robert123 »

learnhow2code wrote:a legacy/vintage puppy forum would be fantastic, perhaps there could be a vintage puppy subforum for anything more than 4 years old.

personally i dont feel the need to segregate the forum like that, but enough people have complained about this sort of thing in the past week, perhaps a vintage puppy subforum could work. i recommend 4 years, not 5-- but it could be 5.
Heh Codes,

A great idea I for one still love a lot of the old pups - I run Lucid 5.11 and others so sounds good to me.:)
Devuan Linux, Stardust 013 (4.31) updated [url]https://archive.org/details/Stardustpup013glibc2.10[/url]
s57(2018)barebone[url]https://sourceforge.net/projects/puppy-linux-minimal-builds/files/s57%282018%29barebones.iso/download[/url]

mistfire

#8 Post by mistfire »

Im still wondering why xfmedia failed to play HD and large mp4 files?

TyroBGinner

#9 Post by TyroBGinner »

Yeah, I figured someone would run right to my comments on rox.

I said that rox was good, but I certainly do not regard it as ideal. In the topic you cited, you failed to mention that I hammered it strongly for some of its shortcomings. It remains that it has a lot of functionality that other file managers do not. In the realm of puppy linux, it is found in close to all versions that I have seen. Its widespread use and renewed development contributes to its relevance today. If this were not so, we would not see it in many puppy versions. It would not be frequently referenced in various forum messages. It would not be last discussed in an obscure corner of the forum from many years ago. It would not depend on eccentric behavior for its revival.

And if you don't like my messages, just ignore them - you know, as you assert I should.

ebisu

#10 Post by ebisu »

Oh, it's getting better. I run into your very first post :lol:
Hi to all you peeps in PuppyLand!!
Guess what, this is my big debut message!!!
And, believe me, it was a long time coming and took a long way to get to this point.
What a silly overture. No peep in Puppyland could have cared less when you bumped this 2 years old thread. But of course you are bumping dead threads for noble reasons while Pelo is polluting, right? I like your messages, your double standards and the way you are trying to find excuses for them. Very funny.

Pelo

X-Slacko Slim plays XFmedia.

#11 Post by Pelo »

X-Slacko Slim plays XFmedia, X-tahr will play it too.
XFmedia plays DVDs, that is the reason why it can be useful nowaday. For Ubuntu Puppies use Xine-DVD for chapters
What could i say ? Insert your DVD. This one will do the job in case of problems with Default MediaPlayer :!: 2MB for a mediaplayer, find better !

About large Mp4 files, unfortunately i only have tutorials, not more than 3 minutes
XFmedia is a front-end, as Gxine, for XFCE desktop.

New stuff, try Alexandra, it's like a jukebox, but it will launch your movies (xenialpup, not older). Alexaandra is available for Puppy at same time as Ubuntu ... For people taking care of ages. Beware new perhaps is not safe... Alexandra will be the proof :) russian titles on the web...

TyroBGinner

#12 Post by TyroBGinner »

You looked through all the messages I have ever put on this forum? A tad obsessive, aren't we? You haven't ever been the recipient of any restraining orders, have you?

On the plus side, by reading my contributions, you have been enormously edified.

Every idea a pearl.
Every sentence gold.

Thank God it has all been recorded for posterity.

learnhow2code

#13 Post by learnhow2code »

TyroBGinner wrote:all the messages I have ever put on this forum? A tad obsessive, aren't we? You haven't ever been the recipient of any restraining orders, have you?
12 weeks on 3 pages? that must have taken 2 minutes.
On the plus side, by reading my contributions, you have been enormously edified.
sarcasm or not, this is the biggest vat of if-by-whiskey since the original.

i think people just want to call out everyones hypocrisy here, kind of pointless since no ones going to listen to it, but youd think poor pelos been kicked around enough this week? are people just gonig to harrass him until he leaves? if that happens, i promise to start replying to threads from 11 years ago.

Pelo

TyroBGinner searching old stuff

#14 Post by Pelo »

"Thanks for the response - especially the link to find the file! I am still looking for some older browsers - I have found some...still missing others. I have Seamonkey 2.25, but haven't tried it...I don't know how many pups it will run on. The 5.2.x versions of wary, racy, and lucid do not support my new phone. It looks like maybe a 3.x kernel is needed for that. "TyroBGinner searching old stuff :)
Skip please...

XFmedia can help you,
Topic was in category 'unsorted', now XFmedia is in Multimedia category. People can use it or not..

mistfire

#15 Post by mistfire »

Hi I sucessfully play HD mp4 files xfmedia. I noticed that the xfmedia depends on xine-lib version installed.

TyroBGinner

#16 Post by TyroBGinner »

For you guys to hate me so much, you certainly seem to enjoy reading all my stuff.

Heh heh heh...

Pelo

mistfire, in last version you come back to xfmedia

#17 Post by Pelo »

mistfire, in last version you come back to xfmedia, I shall try to find last version of Parole. I will keep Slim one with Parole, one other with XFmedia.
XFmedia could satisfy our beginner here, quickly, without several pages of search of alternatives XFmedia will give him time to find, if he does want to keep it.

Pelo

TyroBGinner , you are welcome

#18 Post by Pelo »

TyroBGinner , No hate ! Nous sommes les colombes, pas les faucons :)
"Hawks frighten the fragile doves"
About XFCE you can bookmarks your songs in Xfmedia. To be clear XFmedia is not perfect, but it is an XFCE application. Mistfire changed it for Mplayer in its just released X-Slim Slacko. Nowadays it's hard to find a media playing songs and videos whatever the support is, DVD and CDs. I personaly kept the ISO with XFmedia, Because when a Puppy XFCE must be kept different from the standard. Users has not only a Puppy in their besace (klapsnack ?).
Attachments
1998.jpg
(37.35 KiB) Downloaded 62 times