DeaDBeeF 0.5.6 and 0.6.1 and 0.6.2

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
OscarTalks

DeaDBeeF 0.5.6 and 0.6.1 and 0.6.2

#1 Post by OscarTalks »

Here are some versions compiled from source.
All plugins that work are included.
Any plugins that give errors have been removed.
NLS is included.

DeaDBeeF 0.5.6 Wary5 .pet
download = http://www1.datafilehost.com/d/ee816c57
md5sum = 0884b93f82359fee97bd58cf2bed549f

VERSION 0.6.1.3
Some builds for Wheezy, Precise and Slacko 5.6
Available here:-
http://www.smokey01.com/OscarTalks

Version 0.6.1 was released and then the developer added some fixes.
The builds named as "0.6.1.3" are downloaded as source from git with (I believe) those fixes included.

VERSION 0.6.2 STATIC PORTABLE
There is also a static build 0.6.2-i686 (by the official developer but packaged by me for Puppy). This is uploaded for testing in other Puppies. Bigger than the compiled versions but includes other features such as OPUS support and works in lots of Puppies. Installs into /usr/local but it is portable so could easily be modified to install in /mnt/home so as not to use up the save-file space.
Last edited by OscarTalks on Thu 18 Sep 2014, 14:49, edited 12 times in total.
Oscar in England

OscarTalks

#2 Post by OscarTalks »

Compiled in Lucid Plus 528-005

The libiconv dependency (lib only) is included.
NLS is included.
All plugins that work are included.
Any plugins that give errors have been removed.

DeaDBeeF 0.5.6 Lucid .pet
download = http://www1.datafilehost.com/d/03a6a543
md5sum = cf1d9c3d8ff620fdbf15791f4eb7ff06
Last edited by OscarTalks on Wed 17 Apr 2013, 12:35, edited 2 times in total.
Oscar in England

chrome307

#3 Post by chrome307 »

@ OscarTalks

Thanks for this :)

OscarTalks

#4 Post by OscarTalks »

Latest static build seems to be giving problems.
Taking it down.
Last edited by OscarTalks on Sat 21 Dec 2013, 16:44, edited 2 times in total.
Oscar in England

simargl

#5 Post by simargl »

Last edited by simargl on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.

OscarTalks

#6 Post by OscarTalks »

The 0.4 versions did not play some of the common stream formats out of the box. This version 0.5.6 does everything I need and I like the GUI. For me it is the best audio player.

In fact the versions for Wary / Racy and Slacko 5.3.3 do not need libiconv at all and with Pemasu's work-around the Precise version (which I have also now added to the first post) does not need libiconv to run, only to build. It is a pain when it crops up in other Puppies though.
Oscar in England

vicmz

#7 Post by vicmz »

Thank you for this. The Wary pet works perfectly to me in Precise as well. I haven't tried the Precise-optimized build yet.
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=76948]Puppy Linux en español[/url]

bruno

Deadbeef 6.0

#8 Post by bruno »

Deadbeef is a great audio player, I use it all the time to listen to internet radio.
it switches very fast between channels, and has low CPU usage while playing music.
Now version 6.0 is out.
Anybody care to make pets for that?
Wink wink :wink:

OscarTalks

#9 Post by OscarTalks »

bruno,

Some builds of 0.6.0 are now available from here:-
http://www.smokey01.com/OscarTalks
Last edited by OscarTalks on Sat 21 Dec 2013, 12:20, edited 1 time in total.
Oscar in England

bruno

Deadbeef 6.0

#10 Post by bruno »

Wow Oscar, thanks!
Many interesting pets on that page :o

bruno

#11 Post by bruno »

There does not seem to be a version of 0.6 for Dpup Exprimo, so I tried the "static" version, but that doesn't work: it just doesn't start.
The 0.5.6 version for Lupu does work on Exprimo.

OscarTalks

#12 Post by OscarTalks »

I don't have a version of Dpup Exprimo set up on any of my machines at present, but I am a little surprised that the static DeaDBeeF doesn't work in it. What happens if you try running it from terminal?

Thinking about it, Exprimo has a version of DeaDBeeF included so that may be causing complications when installing the static build. You may need to remove that one first.

I did try compiling DeaDBeeF 0.6.0 in Wary and Lucid but it was throwing up all sorts of errors so I assumed that Dpup Exprimo would probably be the same. It seems to need more recent libraries or something. This is part of the reason why I didn't remove the 0.5.6 versions.

DeaDBeeF is my favourite audio player but looking at the number of downloads there doesn't seem to be much demand for it. There are lots to choose from including the native pMusic plus media players that play audio so understandable perhaps. I will try to take another look when I get chance.

LATER:- Just remembered I still have a frugal install of Dpup Exprimo 5.X.15 on my old SiS tower so booted pfix=ram and installed DeaDBeeF Static 0.6.0 .PET and it works OK for me. I didn't even need to delete the older one, so not sure what is happening there.
Oscar in England

bruno

#13 Post by bruno »

Yes that is strange.
I tried Deadbeef static 0.6 on one machine with Dpup Exprimo 3.4.2.12, and on another machine with 3.2.14.2, both running from CD with savefile on USB. Both could not start the static 0.6
But the lupu pet 0.5.6 (from this thread) works fine.
I will test it with some other puppies later.
How do I run it from terminal?
Deadbeef is my favorite internet radio player in puppy, because it switches fast and easy between channels, and has low CPU usage.
I like VLC too, but for puppy, Deadbeef is a much lighter install.

OscarTalks

#14 Post by OscarTalks »

I wonder if you got a bad download (or maybe I got a bad upload).
Anyway, I have edited the first post so I am now using smokey01.com for storage and I have posted the md5sums so you can verify.

You can try deleting the /usr/lib/deadbeef directory and contents and also /usr/bin/deadbeef before installing the .pet but I don't think it should be necessary. Mine worked without doing this. The static .pet should overwrite the binary with a script and the new main deadbeef folder has been placed down the /usr/local/* path.

To run from terminal just open a terminal, type deadbeef and press enter. See what response you get.

EDIT:-
OK, if I boot pfix=ram and install it is OK, but if I create a save-file and reboot it starts from terminal but not from the menu. Seems to be a conflict around the deadbeef.desktop file in /usr/share/applications

Try deleting this file before installing the .pet and/or after installation open a terminal, type fixmenus and press enter then type jwm -reload and press enter or restart jwm from the menu.

ANOTHER EDIT:-
Further testing and this static build does not work in Lucid and in Racy it works once and then fails on the second run after the config files have been created. I think I had better remove it. Maybe stick with version 0.5.6 if you are running anything other than one of the newest Puppies. I never had any problems with it and it did everything I needed.
Oscar in England

bruno

#15 Post by bruno »

Yes I use now your 5.6 pet for Lupu on Dpup Exprimo, that works great, and it's better than the old 4.4 version, and then your 6.0 pets for the newer puppies.
And now I have music ringing in my ears, on the headphones, or through the big stereo. :lol:

OscarTalks

#16 Post by OscarTalks »

Version 0.6.1 has been released but it looks like the developer has added a couple of fixes afterwards and has released a static build numbered 0.6.1-3-i686

I have packaged this static version as a .pet in case anyone wants to try it in whatever (32 bit) Pup they are running. I did a quick test in Racy and Lucid and it seemed to be OK.

I tried compiling the 0.6.1 source code release tarball in Racy but got an error with ffmpeg.

For Slacko 5.6, Precise and Wheezy I downloaded the source from git (which hopefully includes the fixes after 0.6.1) and it compiled OK in those. I numbered those as 0.6.1.3 but they will show as "devel".

See first post
Oscar in England

bruno

static pet

#17 Post by bruno »

The static 0.6.1.3 pet works now on Dpup Exprimo 3.4.2.12 :)

charlie6

Deadbeef plugin for playing midi files ?

#18 Post by charlie6 »

Hi Oscartalks !
many thanks for compiling Deadbeef !
btw which plugins are used to compile them? does the midi plugin be present then ?
ps: i remember asking the same to forum member Pemasu; the one he had compiled for dpup exprimo could play midi files provided freepats beeing installed.
read http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=636508

Charlie

OscarTalks

#19 Post by OscarTalks »

Hello Charlie6,

The ones I compiled do not have the wildmidi plugin. I think it needs timidity which is not included in Puppy so it shows an error in console. For this reason I disable it so it is not built, but it is easy to compile with it included if you want, the default is "enabled" actually. I enabled all the plugins that work, even though some of them will probably never be needed. Only the ones like pulse and gtk3 are removed because Puppy does not need or use them

If you want to use the static package I just deleted that plugin so you could download the package and add that one wildmidi .so lib back into the directory and it would work.
Oscar in England

gcmartin

#20 Post by gcmartin »

Hi @OscarTalks.

Dont know if I'm accurate,but, isnt BarryK using GTK3 in his latest incarnations. If so, GTK3 in DeaDBeeF may be an attribute to consider in your next release.

Excellent addition to PUPs, by you with this. Thanks