mpdPup - Simplified MPD Music Server/Jukebox - v0.9.3

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
ToineBles

mpdpup

#526 Post by ToineBles »

Here's another great fan and user of mpdpup! Sad to see there is no development anymore. I hope idolse is ok and in good health!? He has made a terrific piece of software. Together with the app mpad it's the best i know. It has given me many many hours of musical pleasure!

Douwe01nl

stepped over to Runeaudio

#527 Post by Douwe01nl »

Hi Walter, good to 'hear' from you! This spring I stepped over to Raspberry Pi and Runeaudio. In my setup this bested atom-mpdpup.
Now i'm tinkering with Hummingboard-Volumio (but didn't yet succeed to mount the NAS).
I'm looking out to a real digital DIY kit like
http://hifimediy.com/amplifiers/ready-m ... -amplifier
It would be great to go from I2S to analogue in 1 step (no USB, no SPDIF, no DAC, just I2s to analogue in 1 chip!)
Have fun, all!
Douwe

kocozze

Mpdpuppy and Brutefir

#528 Post by kocozze »

Hi all,
I am very sad that we have not seen Idolse in last months.
I have a problem but I think that it is very unlikely that I will find a solution.
There's anybody, please :( , that can guide me step by step in Brutefir installation and configuration with mpdpup?
I hope...

multiblitz

#529 Post by multiblitz »

I have to say, I just tested volumio against mpdpuppy...Maybe it is the Software, maybe the different Hardware, but my Alix / USB-Card Combo has beaten the hell out of the raspberry / volumio Combo...all with the same High-End Dac and Amps.

kocozze

Help help help

#530 Post by kocozze »

I know that this distro is dead far long time ago...bit is the best player i've heard!!!
I only Need to integrate brutefir in It!!! Can anyone help me with a step by step guide for newbye???

kocozze

#531 Post by kocozze »

Please...please....please... :(

mikeslr

Perhaps some info about mpdPup would help

#532 Post by mikeslr »

Hi kocozze,

I've never used mpdPup and don't know anything about it. Perhaps others who might want to help are similarly ignorant. Noting that this is in the Derivatives Section, I looked at the first post hoping to find what Puppy it was based on. It didn't say. This thread is now on page 36. I'm not going to read 36 pages in the hope of finding that information. Perhaps, if you know, you could tell us. If you don't know, you could run PupSysInfo and then advise us regarding the kernel used, other information you think may be relevant to installing brutefir. If PupSysInfo isn't already installed, you can get it here: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 411#579411. It's "No-Arch" so can be installed in any OS.

Does mpdPup use Wine? Just in case an XP version exists and is usable.

mikesLr