Geany 1.22 for Wary Puppy

Word processors, spreadsheets, presentations, translation, etc.
Monsie

#1 Post by Monsie »

I compiled Geany 1.22 for Wary Puppy 5.3.90 and it's for testing purposes. This version will overwrite your existing Geany since I did not use the (default) local path... Therefore, I recommend backing up your data :wink:

This version provides support for additional languages, and also, several existing translations have been updated. There is a link to a Wiki that was started this year that provides info and tips from Geany users.

Given the package size, I've split it into two parts to provide separate languages support if needed.

Monsie
My [u]username[/u] is pronounced: "mun-see". Derived from my surname, it was my nickname throughout high school.

Monsie

#2 Post by Monsie »

Hi all,

I also compiled Geany 1.22 for the current Wary 5.3 and it appears to be working properly. Again, note that I did not use the (default) local path when putting this together, so, be sure to backup your data.

Since the new beta Wary handles Menu Categories differently, (more detailed in the sorting) I didn't want to use Geany-W5.3.90 for Wary 5.3 because I was concerned there would be multiple menu entries showing up on the desktop :( .

There are other differences also, (I'm guessing in the libfiles) because Geany in the beta Wary is 160k smaller than Geany in the current Wary... I am also guessing that the larger Pet for Wary 5.3 must be over the file size limit -- < 2mb? for uploading it to the Forum, because I am unable to do so...

Edit: Feb. 03, 2013
I removed the links to my Pets at Data File Host as the downloads were no longer available due to inactivity. I will look at the source code again to see if I can trim it so that any new Pet packages I create will be under 2 mb and can therefore be uploaded to the Forum.

Monsie
My [u]username[/u] is pronounced: "mun-see". Derived from my surname, it was my nickname throughout high school.