how to run PTCL EVO software in linux?

Configuration wizards, scanners, remote desktop, etc.
slacko-rana

how to run PTCL EVO software in linux?

#1 Post by slacko-rana »

i have a hardware of huawei 3g of ISP PTCL. in windows its easy just plug and play, however in linux its easy too to connect to Internet only using dial-up.
but this software also include a dial a number option, for recharge' my internet account, to talk to my ISP officer for any assistant.
this dial pad only works in windows, and doesn't work in linux even using wine.

i found this link at my ISP website, i wounder how to install this in puppylinux?

softwar download link is=
http://www.ptcl.com.pk/uploads/linux%20SW.zip

slacko-rana

any software that could dial phone number using usb 3g modem

#2 Post by slacko-rana »

is there any software for puppy linux? that would be useful to dial phone numbers, i have a 3g modem. in windows modem's software auto runs, and installs it self. the modems built in software is used to dial phone numbers and to send and receive text massages, and of course to connect to internet.
i want to dial phone number of my ISP help line for some help. what should i use so that i could make a call in puppy linux using my usb 3g modem?
laugh

rerwin

Re: any software that could dial phone number using usb 3g modem

#3 Post by rerwin »

slacko-rana wrote:is there any software for puppy linux? that would be useful to dial phone numbers,
. . .
i want to dial phone number of my ISP help line for some help. what should i use so that i could make a call in puppy linux using my usb 3g modem?
The blunt answer is "no". Puppy's dialup support is only for "data" connections to wireless and wireline ISP providers. In pupdial, the phone/access number is the "#99*" -type code you use to make a data connection. An alternate way to connect is with "pgprs" or frisbee's "GPRS" option. Pupdial was originally for analog PCI and USB modems but was extended to handle 3G.
Richard

After further thought: Puppy has PSIP and downloadable packages for skype. Although I have used neither, I understand that skype, for a price, can let you connect to regular phone numbers outside of the skype world. I doubt that PSIP can do that -- I think it communicates only with other PSIP users. There probably are other linux-based packages out there that I am unaware of.
R