Flash player not working in any browser

Using applications, configuring, problems
stevielee

Flash player not working in any browser

#1 Post by stevielee »

Hi, all.

I am running Slacko 5.3.1....and I was just web browsing one day and suddenly flash video stopped working. When a video is started, simply a blank window appears where the video should be. I can't think of anything that I changed at that exact moment or just before. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the player, but no luck. YouTube videos work - at least some - maybe this is related to http5. Otherwise, no flash from any site that I have tried. There was a hint in the forums regarding a weird conflict with ALSA that seemed similar. When this problem first appeared, I quit the browsers and tried running some programs like ROX and the package manager, but received a "failed to execute child process" or some such thing. The discussion of problems with ALSA also mentioned the "failed to execute child process" error.

Thanks...

Stevie

disciple

#2 Post by disciple »

Are you sure it was working and then stopped working without you restarting your browser in between?
If you're not sure, could it be that Flash has updated? The newer versions of Flash don't work with old processors which don't have sse2.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

8-bit

#3 Post by 8-bit »

Do you have NoScript installed?
I ask because I have to enable a page for the videos to play on some sites.
Also, some have proprietary video software needed to view the videos.
Also, Click on Help - About Plugins, to see if it is enabled in the browser.