Firefox Browser/Gmail issuesFirefox

Please post any bugs you have found
OldSchoolMongrel

Firefox Browser/Gmail issuesFirefox

#1 Post by OldSchoolMongrel »

Hello from B.C Canada in the Rockies

Seems after many years of using Puppy I finally found one glitch in one of the applications that got me and am sure will be considered an issue for others.

Seems that Firefox accessing GMail accounts doesn't see right timestamps on Gmail inbox mail. When we use Google Chrome the problem does not exist and email in the inbox shows proper time according to our location. Other wise through Firefox have seen the times off by 3-12 hours time..

I have Cmos in computers set properly and Puppy 5.3.3 is set to UTC. Went over Gmail accounts and made sure all times and Time Zones are set properly in GMail I have thought. In checking on searches in Google did see some expressing same concern over this issue in other Os's so am not sure where the problem is just yet.
Some have said other Gecko based browsers and Thunderbird may have same problem..

I'm not sure if the problem also is a case of Computers and Older bios...I have another Machine here that didn't seem to have that problem and will be check it more today, also will look myself at other Gecko browsers to see if problem does exist here. I think it has to do with settings for mail in about:config of Firefox. Since I don't consider myself a total tech of this, I certainly turn to those of the Linux Distro I deal with. If others here can help me with the problem I'll appreciate it.

I have attempted in the Chat channel to bring this to other's attention, but seems that much time was being spent there by one individual referring to others asking questions as "Leeches". I myself referring to the person involved as being a rude Idiot they claimed channel status and I was kicked from channel, person in question with Nick = tlc..

Looking forward to better behavior in adults with the forums..Thank you

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Hi OldSchoolMongrel- Welcome to the forum. If this doesn't cut it- see the post by :wink: Wendy.

Caneri

#3 Post by Caneri »

Thanks Semme,

I have had this issue with incorrect time-stamps in Google forever...now fixed.
Hooray!!

Eric
[color=darkred][i]Be not afraid to grow slowly, only be afraid of standing still.[/i]
Chinese Proverb[/color]

Semme

#4 Post by Semme »

Eric- FABULOUS! :D