middle button click on the window . The cursor now becomes confused
where it is located.

Solution is to go back to mhwaveedit 1.4.21

DC

USB DVB

#17 Post by DC »

Hi pemasu,
re. USB DVB - RTL2832U

Well I've tried everything but can't get it to work. Also tried a DVB Compro U650F. (also a RTL2832U)
Good old Twinhan 7041 works fine.
here's some relevant data.

Quote:
#dmesg
[ 1065.095165] usb 2-1: new high-speed USB device number 5 using ehci_hcd
[ 1065.230384] usb 2-1: New USB device found, idVendor=0bda, idProduct=2832
[ 1065.230387] usb 2-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[ 1065.230389] usb 2-1: Product: RTL2832U
[ 1065.230390] usb 2-1: Manufacturer: Generic
[ 1065.230392] usb 2-1: SerialNumber: 77771111153705700

Quote:
# lsmod
Module Size Used by
dvb_usb_rtl28xxu 11741 0
rtl2830 5991 1 dvb_usb_rtl28xxu
dvb_usb 12105 1 dvb_usb_rtl28xxu
dvb_core 64886 2 rtl2830,dvb_usb
rc_core 8981 2 dvb_usb_rtl28xxu,dvb_usb

Quote:
# vlc Sel_channel.conf
VLC media player 1.0.6 Goldeneye
[0x810aaf8] main interface error: no interface module matched "globalhotkeys,none"
[0x810aaf8] main interface error: no suitable interface module
[0x804e3b0] main libvlc error: interface "globalhotkeys,none" initialization failed
[0x804e3b0] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface.
[0x8244870] dvb access error: FrontEndOpen: opening device failed (No such file or directory)
[0x8241ef8] main input error: open of `dvb://' failed: (null)

thanks
DC
a little bit of knowledge and I'm dangerous

pemasu

#18 Post by pemasu »

DC. I checked the dvb tuner page by Palosaari:
http://palosaari.fi/linux/

dvb_usb_rtl28xxu
3.7 0bda:2832 Realtek RTL2832U reference design
3.7 0bda:2838 Realtek RTL2832U reference design

Hmm....it looks like that rtl2832.ko is not the right module for you....it is probably that dvb_usb_rtl28xxu.ko as you have noticed by dmesg...but the support was not there yet.
I am sorry of the misinformation.
I could post to him. He is finnish developer and last time he posted back promptly.

Thank you guys of the bug reports. I will check them soon.

Tman

#19 Post by Tman »

anikin wrote:I too can confirm this build runs snappier and cooler on my eeepc. Something has changed in it, you can feel the difference. It is not huge, but noticeable.
This got my attention, so I had to download the new Exprimo.The cpu temp is at 48 C when idle. That is 2 degrees lower than an older version of Exprimo that I have. Setting up CPU Frequency scaling tool brings the temp down further to 40 C at idle.

There are some nice little apps that I haven't tried before.. Random Wallpaper Switcher, Lazy Fred tools, Redshift GUI. The Laptop tool looks nice: too bad I don't have a laptop to try it out on anymore :(

A few bug reports from some light testing..

- PAVrecord made a video file but it wouldn't play for me.. maybe it's my inexperience
- some channels work with Streamplay and others don't
- Exprimo Updater didn't seem to do anything ..perhap becuase it is already up to date?

Right-click on movie files and then choose Play Fullscreen doesn't actually play fullscreen.
Further investigation shows that it is linked to mplayershell..I am assuming that it plays full screen with the proper video driver installed. It gave me an idea however.. the pet below should play fullscreen from the get-go. I just made the pet, so some testing is needed. It works for me, though
This replaces the Rox-filer right-clicks "Play Fullscreen" with new links to /usr/bin/mplayer_fullscreen script.

Great Job, Pemasu, as usual.
Attachments
mplayer_fullscreen-0.1.pet
updates ROX right-click Play Fullscreen
(1.63 KiB) Downloaded 832 times

pemasu

#20 Post by pemasu »

ETP. I cant reproduce your problem with ext4 in hdd. It might be in conjunction with usb media . I would need to test it with usb stick.

Don570. Pfilesearch has definitively problem with /mnt/home symlink, with recent woof builds. I posted about it in Pfind thread. I can search /mnt/home when I have typed to the search path /mnt/home/ and ticked the Search for: File name box.
Mhwaveedit will be reverted back to previous version.

Anikin. I have compiled now with patched source (Thanks to rcrsn51 ) eee.ko module. Attached here. Please test and report.

Tman. I am not sure about your finding. The Play fullscreen Rox right click should be linked to the /usr/local/apps/mplayer which has inside AppRun which executes: exec mplayer -fs "$@"
....so the video files should launch mplayer in fullscreen.
Pavrecord works for me. You should tick the x11grab box if you want to record your desktop ie screencast it.

DC. I have mailed to developer Palosaari. The replies goes something like this. dvb_usb_rtl28xxu driver loads first. Then it starts to query the stick what chips it has inside and loads the corresponding drivers. rtl2832.ko for dvb-modulation and it should maybe load tuner driver and so on....Rtl2832U has also RF-tuner chip inside.
It looks like that some support is still missing. He suggested to download the latest media_build git which has latest commits. and create a new dvb framework from it.
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/How_t ... ce_Drivers

Okay I downloaded the latest git and compiled it and made it as pet. It has the whole dvb framework with all firmwares, that is why it is big. 3.9 Mb as pet. the pet installed made my dvb-c tuner stick to work with vlc so it should not be total failure. The link to the pet is here:
http://www.smokey01.com/pemasu/Misc/dvb ... -0.0.1.pet

First: remove the /lib/modules/3.6.2-dpup/kernel/drivers/media/* ....I mean media folder with all subfolders. the new build has totally different folder structure, Install the pet, it runs depmod also through pinstall.sh, reboot to be sure and test again. This latest git should have more support added to different usb id`s. It might work better. Test and report.
Attachments
eee_fan_CPU_k3.6.2-0.2.pet
(4.22 KiB) Downloaded 844 times
Last edited by pemasu on Wed 17 Oct 2012, 17:02, edited 1 time in total.

Tman

#21 Post by Tman »

pemasu wrote: Tman. I am not sure about your finding. The Play fullscreen should be linked to the /usr/local/apps/mplayer which has inside AppRun which executes: exec mplayer -fs "$@"
....so the video files should launch mplayer in fullscreen.
Oh you are right. Sorry, my mistake. When I checked the link, all I saw was Mplayer, then I closed the Rox window. Later I went into /usr/share/applications/mplayer.desktop and saw that the exec option was mplayer_shell.. sorry about that. Nevertheless using exec mplayer -fs is not enough in -vo x11 mode, which is what Mplayer will default to with some video drivers. My card, for example when using the generic nv driver will not play videos in fullscreen with default Mplayer settings, until I upgrade to the Nvidia driver.
I should be more precise.. yes they play in fullscreen mode, but the videos are not stretched to fullscreen. The videos play with big black frames around them. To stretch the video in fullscreen, you need something like this: exec mplayer -fs -zoom -x 1024 -y 768.

pemasu

#22 Post by pemasu »

Tman. Got it now. If the /usr/local/apps/mplayer/AppRun would run that mplayer_fullscreen script....would it fix the vo x11 problem ?

Could you change that AppRun content to reflect that change and test it...if you have the graphics which need it.
It would be simple way to change all the video formats Rox right click Play Fullscreen behavior.

You can also edit /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf to have vo=x11 and uncomment this row: #zoom=yes

And there is also /root/.mplayer/mplayer.conf which has default vo=xv for gnome-mplayer.

Gnome-mplayer seems to obey this file /root/.config/gnome-mplayer/gnome-mplayer.conf
Last edited by pemasu on Wed 17 Oct 2012, 14:09, edited 1 time in total.

Tman

#23 Post by Tman »

pemasu wrote:Tman. Got it now. If the /usr/local/apps/mplayer/AppRun would run that mplayer_fullscreen script....would it fix the vo x11 problem ?

Could you change that AppRun content to reflect that change and test it...if you have the graphics which need it.
Yes you could change the Apprun content, but then the Play Fullscreen right-click would be a shortcut of a shortcut. It would link to Apprun, which would link to mplayer_fullscreen. Why not just link to it directly, by installing the pet? Yes you can change the config options, but not everyone would know how. My script finds the screen resolution, then adjusts the -zoom -x ???? -y ???? accordingly. It's a modification of Barry's mplayer_shell. What mplayer_shell does is it sets -vo xv by default, but if it finds that you have a certain video driver, it switches to -vo x11, since the other option doesn't work with all video drivers. I already made a screenshot before I read your last post, so I might as well put a link to it here.

Edit: my pet already has the Rox right-click included..it overwrites the old Play Fullscreen right-click options and replaces them with new links, but under the exact same name, so you don't have to erase the old right-click options.
Attachments
play as fullscreen.jpg
this is the output with the nv driver
(46.06 KiB) Downloaded 861 times

pemasu

#24 Post by pemasu »

Tman. I dont understand your reasoning. Here is my mplayer-fullscreen-fix-0.0.1 pet. Extract it and check contents.
Yours pet is more complicated. There is no need to change the OpenWith mime type definitions. Just the original symlinks to the /usr/local/apps/mplayer is ok. Change only the content of /usr/local/apps/mplayer/AppRun to launch mplayer_fullscreen script.

I checked the mplayer_fullscreen script. It does not point back to the /usr/local/apps/mplayer. I dont see any loops there.

You just need the original Rox right click /root/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/OpenWith/* folder contents which had those symlinks to the /usr/local/apps/mplayer to launch that AppRun content. I think this way it is simpler and in line how the Rox right clicks should work.

Use: Rox right click: Look Inside to see /usr/local/apps/mplayer content, otherwise you dont see the AppRun inside it.
Attachments
mplayer-fullscreen-fix-0.0.1.pet
(1.1 KiB) Downloaded 807 times

Tman

#25 Post by Tman »

I just thought, of something. You might like this code better when the video is not running in -vo x11 mode.

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
# Tman - based some code from BarryK's mplayershell

XRANDR_OUTPUT="$(xrandr | grep '*')"
X_VALUE=`echo $XRANDR_OUTPUT |head -n1 |cut -f 1 -d 'x'`
Y_VALUE=`echo $XRANDR_OUTPUT |head -n1 |cut -f 2 -d 'x' |head -n1 |cut -f 1 -d ' '`
MYVIDOUT="-vo xv -fs"
[ "`readlink /usr/bin/X`" = "Xvesa" ] && MYVIDOUT="-vo x11 -fs -zoom -x $X_VALUE -y $Y_VALUE"
[ -f /etc/X11/xorg.conf ] && [ "`grep 'card0driver' /etc/X11/xorg.conf | grep '"vesa"'`" != "" ] && MYVIDOUT="-vo x11 -fs -zoom -x $X_VALUE -y $Y_VALUE"

#if radeon_dri.so exists, assume mesa/xorg-high is activated, and use opengl
#[ -e /usr/X11R7/lib/dri/radeon_dri.so ] && MYVIDOUT="-vo gl -fs" && echo 'mesa/xorg-high driver #detected'

#use opengl for nvidia proprietary driver
[ -f /etc/X11/xorg.conf ] && [ "`grep 'card0driver' /etc/X11/xorg.conf | grep '"nvidia"'`" != "" ] && MYVIDOUT="-vo gl -fs" && echo 'nvidia driver detected'

# alternate option to use vdpau - only works with newer nvidia drivers, ffmpeg needs to be compiled with vdpau support
#[ -f /etc/X11/xorg.conf ] && [ "`grep 'card0driver' /etc/X11/xorg.conf | grep '"nvidia"'`" != "" ] && MYVIDOUT="-vo vdpau"

A_LANG=`echo $LANG |head -c2`
S_LANG=$A_LANG

mplayer $MYVIDOUT -alang $A_LANG -slang $S_LANG "$1"

exit
## END
Both should work..but I have only tested on my nividia GT240 card. You may notice I have extra options that are commented out, that is becuase those options have not been fully tested. The code is modified a bit, since -vo x11 only needs the -zoom option. The rest can have it included...but don't require that option to stretch the video to fullscreen.

pemasu

#26 Post by pemasu »

Tman. Some notes about that script. Xvesa is nowadays as an option only in Wary...I think. Dpups, Racy etc does not have it:
no|xserver_xvesa||exe
But it does not hurt to be there.

vo=x11 has been attached to the vesa driver, that is ok,I think.
Commented rows:
About that radeon_dri.so checking I am not so sure, there is bunch of other dri drivers which will be installed by that xorg_high, for example I use i915.dri.so for dri, and vo=gl does not work for me.
That it is commented out, is good thing.

# ls /usr/lib/dri
i810_dri.so mach64_dri.so r200_dri.so radeon_dri.so swrast_dri.so
i915_dri.so mga_dri.so r300_dri.so savage_dri.so tdfx_dri.so
i965_dri.so r128_dri.so r600_dri.so sis_dri.so unichrome_dri.so

So the default is vo=xv, but for vesa xorg driver it is vo=x11.

My suggestion. What about if I enable in build.... in /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf the commented row: #zoom=yes to zoom=yes so that it is activated.

It does not hurt my vo=xv mplayer video output but zooms to fullscreen when I have vo=x11 video output.

Would that be fixing solution, when the video output defaults to vo=x11 with some graphics.

Also for gnome-mplayer, I could remove the /root/.mplayer/config file which has for gnome-mplayer the default vo=xv definition, Gnome-mplayer might work better together with that /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf zoom=yes ....
Last edited by pemasu on Wed 17 Oct 2012, 15:26, edited 1 time in total.

Tman

#27 Post by Tman »

pemasu wrote: My suggestion. What about if I enable in build.... in /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf the commented row: #zoom=yes to zoom=yes so that it is activated.

It does not hurt my vo=xv mplayer video output but zooms to fullscreen when I have vo=x11 video output.

Would that be fixing solution, when the video output defaults to vo=x11 with some graphics.

Also for gnome-mplayer, I could remove the /root/.mplayer/mplayer.conf file which has for gnome-mplayer the default vo=xv definition, Gnome-mplayer might work better together with that /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf zoom=yes ....
Your solution to enable zoom works for me... darn it! Too bad I didn't know about it. But that's okay, I learned a few new coding tricks while making that script. You don't need to change anything in /root/.mplayer .. The xv option for Gnome Mplayer works fine .. I think it is becuase you have mesa or xorg-high already installed. My pup doesn't come with mesa, so I had to add the x11 output to it or else the x-server would crash when launching a video. I will add mesa to my non-Lite Solidpup, since Tote reported that xv is considerably faster.

Wait a minute... why does Gnome-mplayer play in xv, and Mplayer defaults to x11? ... I think you need to edit /usr/bin/mplayer_shell, and get rid of the -vo x11 stuff, since you've got Xorg-high? preinstalled... then I don't think you need to change any other settings.

pemasu

#28 Post by pemasu »

Tman. I think you need to check inside Gnome-Mplayer > Edit > Preferences and change from there the video output to xv and x11 for seeing what really works. That is the most confidential way to test it. No matter what these configuration scripts says....when you change the video output inside Gnome-Mplayer it should show you what really works.

ETP

Dpup Exprimo 5.X.3.6.2.1 with kernel 3.6.2

#29 Post by ETP »

Hi pemasu,

I did comment:
Rebooting into another pup (Slacko 5.3.3.2) on the same stick but in an entirely different directory, I was amazed when it proceeded to increase the save file size.
Whilst this does not explain the crash the increase in the save file on another pup on the same stick is in fact normal behaviour.

When the app to increase the savefile is executed it creates a flag in the root of the drive holding initrd.gz regardless of whether
or not initrd.gz is held in a subdirectory. The file is named pupsaveresize.txt and simply contains the figure to increase the savefile by.

This flag is in no way specific to any pup and if another pup on the same stick is launched it will apply the increase and if successfull
will then delete the flag. In all fairness there is a on screen warning to re-launch the pup who's savefile you intend to increase but it would
make more sense to put the flag in the same directory as initrd is launched from and then to search in the order subdirectory/root. This would deal with both
single pups (likely to be in the root) and multiple pups (likely to be in subdirectories) on USB sticks. A matter for BK perhaps?

With regard to the crash that I experienced, I had re-booted successfully a number of times and the crash seemed to have been provoked by the
presence of the flag.
Regards ETP
[url=http://tinyurl.com/pxzq8o9][img]https://s17.postimg.cc/tl19y14y7/You_Tube_signature80px.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://tinyurl.com/kennels2/]Kennels[/url]

Tman

#30 Post by Tman »

pemasu wrote:Tman. I think you need to check inside Gnome-Mplayer > Edit > Preferences and change from there the video output to xv and x11 for seeing what really works. That is the most confidential way to test it. No matter what these configuration scripts says....when you change the video output inside Gnome-Mplayer it should show you what really works.
Sorry for the late reply:
You were right, pemasu. Gnome Mplayer was not playing in xv mode, it was playing in x11 mode.
I took a look at your /root/.mplayer.conf settings:
the vo=xv option was being totally ignored, while the zoom=yes option was working. So it seems your original solution to enable zoom in /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf is the right way to go..

The vo=??? option for gnome-mplayer looks like it sticks only when that option is in the /root/.config/gnome-mplayer.conf file.

pemasu

#31 Post by pemasu »

ETP. You are right. the logical place for the resize flag is in the folder where that savefile is. It could be an improvement to suggest to Barry K for woof implementation. I need to check your finding also.

Tman. I have tried to find some documentation how gnome-mplayer - mplayer config files ( there is 3 of them) really interact but without success so far. Trial and error it is for now.....

Tman

#32 Post by Tman »

pemasu wrote: Tman. I have tried to find some documentation how gnome-mplayer - mplayer config files ( there is 3 of them) really interact but without success so far. Trial and error it is for now.....
Yes, I've been doing it by trial and error as well. I was puzzled why your gnome-mplayer works from the start without any initial gnome-player.conf file. Eventually, I figured out that it was using the configuration that you set for mplayer, which was vo=xv,x11,sdl. I have merged your mplayer.conf file with my own, to get what is the best settings I have so far.

#
# MPlayer configuration file
#
# Configuration files are read system-wide from /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf
# and per user from ~/.mplayer/config, where per-user settings override
# system-wide settings, all of which are overrriden by the command line.
#
# The configuration file settings are the same as the command line
# options without the preceding '-'.
#
# See the CONFIGURATION FILES section in the man page
# for a detailed description of the syntax.

menu=yes
mc=1					# keeps video and sound in sync
#autoq=6
#dr=1                   # direct rendering
#vop=pp

[protocol.dvd]
profile-desc="profile for dvd:// streams"
af=volnorm=1 #increase amplitude for dvd movies

[protocol.dvdnav]
profile-desc="profile for dvdnav:// streams"
profile=protocol.dvd
mouse-movements=yes
nocache=yes

##################
# video settings #
##################

# Specify default video driver (see -vo help for a list).
vo=xv,x11,sdl

# FBdev driver:
#
# mode to use (read from fb.modes)
#fbmode = 640x480-120
#
# location of the fb.modes file
#fbmodeconfig = /etc/fb.modes

# Specify your monitor timings for the vesa and fbdev video output drivers.
# See /etc/X11/XF86Config for timings. Be careful; if you specify settings
# that exceed the capabilities of your monitor, you may damage it.
#
# horizontal frequency range (k stands for 1000)
#monitor-hfreq = 31.5k-50k,70k
#
# vertical frequency range
#monitor-vfreq = 50-90
#
# dotclock (or pixelclock) range (m stands for 1000000)
#monitor-dotclock = 30M-300M

# Start in fullscreen mode by default.
#fs=yes

# Change to a different videomode when going fullscreen.
#vm=yes

# Override the autodetected color depth, may need 'vm=yes' as well.
#bpp=0

# Enable software scaling (powerful CPU needed) for video output
# drivers that do not support hardware scaling.
zoom=yes

# standard monitor size, with square pixels
#monitoraspect=4:3

# Use this for a widescreen monitor, non-square pixels.
#monitoraspect=16:9

# Keep the player window on top of all other windows.
#ontop=yes

##################
# audio settings #
##################

# Use pulse, then alsa, then SDL video with the aalib subdriver by default.
ao=alsa,sdl:aalib

# Use SDL audio driver with the esd subdriver by default.
#ao = sdl:esd

# Specify the mixer device.
#mixer = /dev/mixer

# Resample the sound to 44100Hz with the lavcresample audio filter.
#af=lavcresample=44100

##################
# other settings #
##################

stop-xscreensaver=yes

# Pretend to be Window Media Player.
# Fixes playback when playlist and media file use the same URL.
#user-agent=NSPlayer/4.1.0.3856

# Drop frames to preserve audio/video sync.
framedrop = yes

# Specify your preferred skin here (skins are searched for in
# /usr/local/share/mplayer/skins/<name> and ~/.mplayer/skins/<name>).
#skin = Abyss

# Resample the font alphamap.
# 0     plain white fonts
# 0.75  very narrow black outline (default)
# 1     narrow black outline
# 10    bold black outline
#ffactor = 0.75

# cache settings
#
# Use 8MB input cache by default.
#cache = 8192
#
# Prefill 20% of the cache before starting playback.
#cache-min = 20.0
#
# Prefill 50% of the cache before restarting playback after the cache emptied.
#cache-seek-min = 50

# DVD: Display English subtitles if available.
#slang = en

# DVD: Play English audio tracks if available.
#alang = en

###################
# DVDNAV Settings #
###################
#vc=ffmpeg12,

# You can also include other configuration files.
#include = /path/to/the/file/you/want/to/include

DC

RTL2832U

#33 Post by DC »

Hi pemasu,
DVB RTL2832U testing

After reading your instructions properly the Sandberg stick now gets recognized :)
However still a few bugs I think.

Under puppy 528 kk2.6.33.2 vlc opens with a couple of errors then the picture stays locked in.

Under puppy squeeze k3.6.2.1 vlc opens with a continuous stream of errors. If a picture comes up it then freezes or you just get a black screen. It acts like its got a very weak signal.

Booted between the the two puppies a few times to check and its always the same.

errors example

puppy 528 k2.6.33.2

BBC ONE selected 

libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 1, expected 0) for PID 0
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 1, expected 0) for PID 18
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 1, expected 0) for PID 100
QPainter::begin: Paint device returned engine == 0, type: 1
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 13, expected 0) for PID 17

puppy squeeze k3.6.2.1

BBC ONE selected 

libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): PSI section too long
libdvbpsi error (misc PSI): Bad CRC_32 (0x6c237f33) !!!
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 3, expected 2) for PID 18
libdvbpsi error (misc PSI): Bad CRC_32 (0xf4997409) !!!
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 8, expected 5) for PID 18
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 2, expected 10) for PID 18
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 7, expected 3) for PID 18
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 15, expected 8) for PID 18
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 3, expected 2) for PID 18
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 6, expected 9) for PID 100
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 1, expected 5) for PID 18
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 9, expected 2) for PID 18
libdvbpsi error (misc PSI): Bad CRC_32 (0x7b0fcc7b) !!!
continuous stream of errors
The DVB Compro U650F stick still seems to have the same problem. Which I find strange because they seem to have the same chip set.

thanks

DC
a little bit of knowledge and I'm dangerous

pemasu

#34 Post by pemasu »

DC. Okay...partial success. Now comes the difficult part. Libdvbpsi stream parsing has problems. It can be from poor antenna signal, poorly working libdvbpsi or it can come from the poorly working vlc version or my vlc compile might not be 100 % succesful. So....difficult to narrow the problem. There is only one version of libdvbpsi6 in squeeze repo, it would need recompile and who knows how many other libs are dependent of the used libdvbpsi version, and how many other libs should be recompiled, then compile newest vlc and cross the fingers.

I am not delighted of that atm. I will upgrade vlc at some time, then I think about upgrading the under the hood libs, somewhat.

The developer Palosaari posted, that if the chip has been recognized, then the problem should not come from the kernel drivers, he hasnt got bug reports about poor stream parsing.

ETP

DVB RTL2832U testing

#35 Post by ETP »

Hi DC,
DVB RTL2832U testing

After reading your instructions properly the Sandberg stick now gets recognized
However still a few bugs I think.

Under puppy 528 kk2.6.33.2 vlc opens with a couple of errors then the picture stays locked in.

Under puppy squeeze k3.6.2.1 vlc opens with a continuous stream of errors. If a picture comes up it then freezes or you just get a black screen. It acts like its got a very weak signal.

Booted between the the two puppies a few times to check and its always the same.

errors example

Code:
puppy 528 k2.6.33.2

BBC ONE selected

DVB-T is a subject close to my heart & I note that you make reference to VLC media player 1.0.6 Goldeneye (the old Lucid pet) with both 528 and puppy squeeze k3.6.2.1.

AFAIK prior to June 2012 that pet was the only version to have been properly compiled for DVB-T support. In June however pemasu produced the following which is compiled correctly:

http://smokey01.com/pemasu/pet_packages ... 1-i686.pet

May I suggest that you give it a try with squeeze? Whilst I still use VLC, in Linux for DVB-T purposes I now prefer smplayer.

You may also wish to try that & I would recommend another of pemasu’s pets:

http://smokey01.com/pemasu/pet_packages ... -0.8.1.pet
Regards ETP
[url=http://tinyurl.com/pxzq8o9][img]https://s17.postimg.cc/tl19y14y7/You_Tube_signature80px.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://tinyurl.com/kennels2/]Kennels[/url]