Chromium v83 with pepper-flash **RUNS-AS-SPOT**

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
peebee

Chromium 25 available

#9 Post by peebee »

The sfs & pet versions of chromium-25.0.1323.1 can be downloaded from:

a72565ab791fb5d07f00c29d723b8f2f chromium-25.0.1323.1-i686-1sl.pet

14c55ec8b6a3f226911735a8ebce667a chromium-25.0.1323.1-i686-1sl.sfs

The size has grown (don't they all) to 49MB.

Version 25 runs on both Slacko 5.4 (FF k3.2.31-4g tested) and Precise 5.4.3 (k3.2.29 tested).

Repackaging of chromium-25.0.1323.1-i686-1sl.txz from http://repository.slacky.eu/slackware-1 ... 5.0.1323.1

Cheers
peebee
Last edited by peebee on Mon 21 Jul 2014, 07:52, edited 2 times in total.
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

pemasu

#10 Post by pemasu »

Chromium 25 works fine. Thanks. Compressed with -comp xz it is 41 Mb.

But....do this in console:

Code: Select all

exec /usr/lib/chromium/chromium --user-data-dir=/root/.config/chromium --disk-cache-size=10000000 --media-cache-size=10000000 --allow-outdated-plugins --enable-peer-connection "$@"
and then copy this to chromium url box:
http://apprtc.appspot.com/
and allow chromium to use your video and microphone (something like that)
You might see your ugly face....

Nowadays they spy you through your webcam also. Dont use laptop in bedroom, shower, toilet or in sauna ( in Finland )....lol.

gcmartin

#11 Post by gcmartin »

pemasu wrote:...

exec /usr/lib/chromium/chromium ..."
and then ... and allow chromium to use your video and microphone (something like that)
You might see your ugly face.... lol.
Wow, you're right...I am ugly!

What are the chances we'll all end up on Google Maps. My house is there, my car is there, even my dog (barking) is there. Now if I could just add my face, we have one UGLY package of useless pics. And, if they got me naked instead of clothed, would they show me? ....hummmm???

Oh well thanks for showing me that little trick.

Question
Could this be useful to all of us who use Chromium/Iron/Chrome? Here's my thought: If the PET installed a script in multimedia, we could use the function to test camera and microphone on my PC and also via my browser.

Note:
Google has had the ability to do this exercise of these via an app on its GMail/Voice/IGoogle page for couple years now. Click on a contact, select video call, download the browser addition, and away you go. I have even used it with couple of members. Works in FF/IE/Chrome and as my memory serves me correctly, either 01Micko or JamesBond made that feature work in my SeaMonkey.

I would suspect/could surmise that their download merely exercised this feature in the browsers I mentioned.

Oh well. All things are connected....some more direct than others.

pemasu

#12 Post by pemasu »

There can be security things included, as you noticed. I would not like to create the pet which has that --enable-peer-connection preincluded in the chromium launching script.

I believe some people might need to double their medication if I would do that.

ally

#13 Post by ally »

downloaded and using 22 in slacko 5.3.3

john_e_w

Thanks

#14 Post by john_e_w »

Thank you, peebee. Using this on Macpup 529.

peebee

Chromium 28 now available

#15 Post by peebee »

The sfs & pet versions (both c. 50MB) of chromium-28.0.1497.1 can be downloaded from:

chromium-28.0.1497.1-i486-1sl.sfs - md5: 511e3598a16a01be0f0060d898548eb2

chromium-28.0.1497.1-i486-1sl.pet - md5: f3bca177f2cd9185147ca3c7c8335990

Repackaging of chromium-28.0.1497.1-i486-1sl.txz originally from http://repository.slacky.eu/slackware-1 ... 8.0.1497.1 (no longer there)

Tested to work OK on both Precise 5.7.1 and Slacko 5.5 + Upup Precise & Upup Raring and probably most other recent Puppies as well (TBC). (this version of chromium-28 doesn't work on Dpup Squeeze or Wheezy which have a too old libc6 version - chromium-25 above does however work on Dpup Wheezy).

Cheers
peebee
Last edited by peebee on Mon 21 Jul 2014, 07:52, edited 7 times in total.
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

xstylezx

#16 Post by xstylezx »

any one else having an issue signing in to sync on this chromium 28 version? it just gives me the oops message and never signs in to sync. i really dont want to go back to version 27 :(

peebee

#17 Post by peebee »

xstylezx wrote:any one else having an issue signing in to sync on this chromium 28 version? it just gives me the oops message and never signs in to sync. i really dont want to go back to version 27 :(
'Fraid I don't "sync" - not even really sure what it does :?

Have you tried running chromium from a terminal to see if any error messages are seen?

Which Puppy you are running might also be useful info.

Cheers
peebee

gcmartin

#18 Post by gcmartin »

PeeBee,

Sync is an important facility which allows Chromium/chrome to be accessed from another computer and that computer have the same bookmarks and important browser accesses. It allows your 2 browsers on different PCs to synchronize their services.

I have not tried the latest Chromium yet.

Hope this helps

xstylezx

#19 Post by xstylezx »

Yes, the sync can bring your extensions with you also. That is main point for me, as I have alot of extensions and its incredibly unpractical to install them all by hand again. I do keep some bookmarks as well.

As far as the console message goes, theres a few things in there, but nothing that seems related to syncing. Theres a missing vdpau_nouveau.so file it mentions, but thats on startup and I get no error messages on attempting to sign in to sync.

I checked chrome releases page on blogspot but didn't notice anything specific to syncing. Hopefully its not just me with the issue, as the version 27 posted here works fine and there doesn't seem to be a lot of chromium releases on the forum. :(

peebee

Chromium 28 on Raring Puppy

#20 Post by peebee »

Barry has created Raring Puppy http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=87043

This version of Chromium 28 will run on the new Pup with one proviso - you need to create a link to /lib/libudev.so.0 - e.g. in a terminal:

ln -s /lib/libudev.so.1 /lib/libudev.so.0
Cheers
peebee
Last edited by peebee on Mon 21 Jul 2014, 07:53, edited 1 time in total.

ETP

Chromium 28 on Raring Puppy 5.6.94 k 3.9.5

#21 Post by ETP »

Hi peebee.

libudev.so.1 is itself a symlink to libudev.so.1.3.0, so in order to survive a reboot you may need:

ln -s /lib/libudev.so.1.3.0 /lib/libudev.so.0
Thanks for Chromium 28 which works a treat.
Regards ETP
[url=http://tinyurl.com/pxzq8o9][img]https://s17.postimg.cc/tl19y14y7/You_Tube_signature80px.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://tinyurl.com/kennels2/]Kennels[/url]

dennis-slacko531

I'm looking for Chromium 28 for Barry's (5.7alpha2)

#22 Post by dennis-slacko531 »

I just want to try a different browser. I tried the ln command above after Chromium 25 refused to "start as root".

I could try the Firefox-testsuite_21.0+build2 but probably not... ----Kind of tired of Firefox. SeaMonkey does everything great actually.

EDIT: just noticed the 49M Chrome pet (dnld'g now).
EDIT: works like a breeze!!

simes

#23 Post by simes »

xstylezx wrote:any one else having an issue signing in to sync on this chromium 28 version? it just gives me the oops message and never signs in to sync. i really dont want to go back to version 27 :(
Hi xstyleax,
yes, I am having the same problem as you. Have you fixed it and if so, how? Thanks.

Semme

#24 Post by Semme »

For Precise, try the pkg here.

gcmartin

Install on Slacko this way?

#25 Post by gcmartin »

Thanks @Semme.

Question
Is the proper installation procedure to install on Slacko V5.5.9x to be in the following order?
  1. Chromium browser
  2. Free ffmpeg codecs for the Chromium Browser
  3. Extra ffmpeg codecs for the Chromium Browser
Thanks for installation advice

Semme

#26 Post by Semme »

GC, as you may have already discovered.. this is NOT going to work. Sorry `bout that..

grump

#27 Post by grump »

Just adding some slightly OT confusion - I'm using the latest Precise on my newish HP laptop, and installed the current Google Chrome using the .deb from the Google website. It installs perfectly and runs from root (but gives a message on first run to say it can't run from root - maybe because it has not quite finished installing).

However, there seems to be some gotchas with this -
1. I cannot use the administration tabs in CUPS but if I setup my printer (Canon mg8150 over wifi) before installing the chrome .deb the printer seems to work ok afterwards.
2. I have not tested this fully yet, but pcdripper cannot lookup freedb. I will try a pix=ram later on just to test this theory out. (I like pcdripper as the rips sound better to my ears, although asunder is much easier to use and maybe as good).

I gather the first one is a known problem, and maybe the second is caused by the same little compatibility problem.

Depending on my experiments, I will either revert to the Chrome that comes with Precise, or go back to Slacko as my main principal pup, or maybe just suck up the compatibility problems. I like using the newest Google Chromes.

peebee

#28 Post by peebee »

grump wrote:Just adding some slightly OT confusion - I like using the newest Google Chromes.
Hi Grump

Yes - a bit OT!!

This thread is about Chromium - not Chrome

and the pets/sfs on offer here have the logic to prevent the run as root problem ever appearing

Might be better to repost on a Chrome thread....

Cheers
PeeBee