Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 23 Oct 2014, 14:48
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Carolina - 1.2
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 19 of 99 [1479 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, ..., 97, 98, 99 Next
Geoffrey

PostPosted: Wed 24 Oct 2012, 05:56    Post subject:  

Uploaded these java apps to the repo

• drawswf - swf creator

• pixelitor - image editor

• charmap - Display Characters and Copy to System Clipboard, see sample below.
ᐃᐅᐊᐁ‣•†※₠℃℉↧↢↣∎∙∘⏏◓◒♚♛♜♝♞♟♔♕♖♗♘♙⚓⚒❤⟺

linux

PostPosted: Wed 24 Oct 2012, 13:53    Post subject:  

Just looked on the news page. The Xdelta utility sounds like a great idea.

Thanks again to everyone involved with Carolina
gcmartin

PostPosted: Wed 24 Oct 2012, 15:04    Post subject: Problems saving session via PupSaveConfig to DVD  

Thanks for your replies. The 2 of you have made an excellent contribution to this community.

muCommander
thanks for adding that JAVA app, muCommander. I'm sure that some of us welcome this tool for file-folder manipulation, comparisons, balancing and corrections.

Patch
I started tests of Carolina at the 002 level. I noticed a "lina Patcher" on my desktop and was wondering on its timing and use. And, I had noticed on the Smokey01 site the folder for patches, as well. This is what prompted my questions.

FirstRUN
I want to THANK YOU for Shinobar's FirstRUN utility you use. This does everything, all in a single scree!n, for my startup needs in the local desktop and initial LAN needs. Simple,quick, and to the point. Thanks

PupSaveConfig
As a Live media user, I did run into usability issues with PupSaveConfig in 002. The screen info is misleading, and my efforts to save the session is having some difficulty on reboot in finding the saved session.

I wasn't sure if this should be addressed in this thread or if it should be directed to the PupSaveConfig thread. My intent simply surrounds booting the multi-session Live media, tailoring desktop needs, use and test, and finally saving all work back onto the Live media for subsequent reboot and use. Nothing fancy..But, as mentioned, the save to DVD is not generating expected results to support reboot with last session changes.

PLEASE PM me with what you recommend about PupSaveConfig.

Here to help
FirstRUN_PersonlaizeSettings.png
 Description   This does everything that my system startup needs in a single screen. Thanks
 Filesize   34.66 KB
 Viewed   998 Time(s)

FirstRUN_PersonlaizeSettings.png

PupSaveConfig.png
 Description   The screen's info does NOT match the OPTIONS FOR USE.
 Filesize   21.36 KB
 Viewed   1043 Time(s)

PupSaveConfig.png

Last edited by gcmartin on Wed 24 Oct 2012, 16:18; edited 2 times in total
KJ

PostPosted: Wed 24 Oct 2012, 16:05    Post subject: PupSaveConfig 2.2.2  

I seldom have tried Puppy live multisession and have had mixed results. However, PupSaveConfig 2.2.2 has a problem when running frugal install from a flash drive and the save interval is set to "0" (should save only manually and when prompted at shutdown). It still saves auto saves every 30 minutes unless line 9 of pup_event_frontend_d is also set to:

Code:
[ "$RAMSAVEINTERVAL" = "" ] && RAMSAVEINTERVAL=0 #412

There is some discussion about this issue starting on page 219 of the Saluki Forum. PupSaveConfig 2.2.4 may have corrected this problem. Interestingly, this autosave problem has only appeared in Saluki and now Carolina002 .... I have ran several other Puppy Derivatives without autosave problems ..... Thanks for your continued work on Carolina .... I like the modular approach offered with Adrive. Thanks again .. KJ

Last edited by KJ on Wed 24 Oct 2012, 16:18; edited 1 time in total
KJ

PostPosted: Wed 24 Oct 2012, 16:17    Post subject: Frisbee issue  

I also have not been able to get Frisbee tray epplet to show any network activity. I run eth0 just find but there is no indication of connection or activity from Fresbee on the tray. Thanks ..KJ
elroy

PostPosted: Thu 25 Oct 2012, 00:01    Post subject: Re: Problems saving session via PupSaveConfig to DVD  

gcmartin wrote:
I want to THANK YOU for Shinobar's FirstRUN utility you use. This does everything, all in a single scree!n, for my startup needs in the local desktop and initial LAN needs. Simple,quick, and to the point.

Carolina 003 will have an added button to configure the firewall from the FirstRUN utility.

gcmartin wrote:
As a Live media user, I did run into usability issues with PupSaveConfig in 002. The screen info is misleading, and my efforts to save the session is having some difficulty on reboot in finding the saved session.

I'm currently testing version 2.2.4 of the PupSaveConfig. Hopefully that will help with what you're experiencing. As far as the screen info being misleading, you're correct. It should read 'Control Panel > System > PupSaveConfig personal storage setup'.
elroy

PostPosted: Thu 25 Oct 2012, 00:14    Post subject: Re: Frisbee issue  

KJ wrote:
I also have not been able to get Frisbee tray epplet to show any network activity. I run eth0 just find but there is no indication of connection or activity from Fresbee on the tray.

Does this happen even after rebooting?
Have you been using the Internet Connection Wizard, also? Or just Frisbee?
cthisbear

PostPosted: Thu 25 Oct 2012, 00:56    Post subject:  

" Sometimes....very infrequently in Frisbee you have to

>> delete your profiles

Restart

>> Hit Connect

Frisbee starts...

Select >> Wireless Diagnostics

Select Ap_scan

Change the >> Ap_scan Parameter

from 1 to >> 2
for a better connection to a hidden network

Exit Frisbee

Hit Connect >> Frisbee starts...>>

Hit Wireless Network refresh

A few moments later...networks reappear

Fill in your details...and Frisbee connects.

Chris.
mavrothal

PostPosted: Thu 25 Oct 2012, 01:04    Post subject: Re: Frisbee issue  

KJ wrote:
I also have not been able to get Frisbee tray epplet to show any network activity. I run eth0 just find but there is no indication of connection or activity from Fresbee on the tray. Thanks ..KJ

I have a similar problem but that's because frisbee_tray runs before the connection is established. Decreasing the sleep time in /etc/init.d/Frisbee or increasing sleep time in /root/Startup/frisbee_tray fixes that.
Does just running frisbee at a later point fixes the tray icon?

okokoook

PostPosted: Thu 25 Oct 2012, 02:27    Post subject:  

hi i am currently using the carolina 002, everything looks fine. i see the default action of opening the folder in thunar is by single click with underlining the folder name in shadow. i was just wondering could anyone tell me how to config the action back to double click opening the folder with no shadow and underline.

thank you in advance.

michael
Geoffrey

PostPosted: Thu 25 Oct 2012, 04:10    Post subject:  

okokoook wrote:
hi i am currently using the carolina 002, everything looks fine. i see the default action of opening the folder in thunar is by single click with underlining the folder name in shadow. i was just wondering could anyone tell me how to config the action back to double click opening the folder with no shadow and underline.

thank you in advance.

michael

Thunar Edit > Preferences > Behavior
single_double_click.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   43.13 KB
 Viewed   878 Time(s)

single_double_click.jpg

okokoook

PostPosted: Thu 25 Oct 2012, 12:27    Post subject:  

Geoffrey wrote:
okokoook wrote:

thank you in advance.

michael

Thunar Edit > Preferences > Behavior

thank you Geoffrey, carolina is an excellent work, i am looking forward to Carolina 003. Razz
Wognath

PostPosted: Thu 25 Oct 2012, 13:15    Post subject: boots to black screen  

elroy, Geoffrey and all,
A frugal install of Carolina on my Lenovo netbook gets to "loading kernel modules", then the screen goes black. No response to blind typing "xorgwizard", "reboot" etc. I have tried 002 full and both lite versions with the same result. This is probably a peculiarity of my processor (VIA Nano U2250 - PAE) since I had almost the same problem with some versions of Fatdog (500 and 600 don't work, 520 does!?!) If you have any ideas, I'll give them a try, but this is mostly fyi--it's an oddball processor and maybe a later version will magically work!

Carolina runs on my daughter's computer, which has an Atom processor, so I'll be able to try it out there. So far, it looks great. Thanks.
KJ

PostPosted: Thu 25 Oct 2012, 18:15    Post subject: Frisbee-tray  

elroy and all .... Thanks for the responses. I run frugal installs from USB/SD flashdrives and eth0 networking on this box. Carolina002 found eth0 OOTB. connected and runs great in the auto-DHCP mode. Frisbee-tray shows two white monitor that do not blink nor do stats show in the mouse over tool-tip box. Increasing the sleep time in startup/frisbee-tray has no effect. Saves and reboots have no effect.

If I pull the eth0 cable and set up the wifi ... Frisbee works great with correct white/green antenna icon and stats with a mouse over.

If I set up eth0 networking with the wizard ... the tray icon changes to a globe-monitor icon and displays properly. Looks like it's strictly a Frisbee issue so I'll post to that forum page. Thanks to all .... KJ
elroy

PostPosted: Thu 25 Oct 2012, 19:25    Post subject: ene sdcard  

yerc1 wrote:
Is there a chance to have Carolina support for the ENE sdcard reader?

It appears a solution has been found for this issue thanks to yerc1's help with testing. If you have this hardware on your system it would be most helpful if you could test this pet and report your results - ene_lina-0.1.pet. Thanks.
Page 19 of 99 [1479 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, ..., 97, 98, 99 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: