only KDE to turn the screen 90 degree?

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
oui

only KDE to turn the screen 90 degree?

#1 Post by oui »

hi did try to help someone using http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx to print out the bike river route along the French, Belgian, Dutch river Meuse / Maas. It is a very very long bicycle route (about 900 km :x !) traversing beautiful countries not so frequented than other European rivers like Rhine / Danube etc.

the Meuse / Maas route is strongly oriented Sud / North (if you want follow the easy way from the source to the mouth common the Rhine - but both rivers are separate until the mouth).

if you do it as screen snapshots with my high resolution screen, it is a terrible long job as you use the screen in the totally worth direction! you have to turn your screen 90 degrees!

if I good remember it is easy to do that in Windows since Windows 95! about 20 years in a few months.

but in Linux? how to do that?

I know KDE. the old KDE Puppy with KDE 4.6 did do that really good but it become old.

the new KDE's

- seems to have more problem with it (return to normal screen position after the "portrait screenshot" seems to be problematic...

- are giant systems if you appreciate it only for only one function, this one!

what is the actual point of the possibilities in Linux?

disciple

#2 Post by disciple »

If you need a gui I recommend arandr. It requires pygtk, so is still huge compared to zarfy or grandr, but it is much better and doesn't crash.

Also, for the screenshots, check out the "virtual" option which you can put in your xorg.conf to enable a panning virtual screen, which is bigger than your physical screen. I think nowadays you should also be able to switch this on with xrandr after starting X, but I don't know that any of the guis support it.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER