no acceleration on mouse?

Please post any bugs you have found
boof

no acceleration on mouse?

#1 Post by boof »

Inspiron 600m:
Slako 5.3.3-4g with security and critical updates to date, as above.

I don't seem to have the sharp finger movement== long cursor travel action that my 1st install had. It's all very 1:1 ATM. I tried to adjust the touchpad config, but couldn't work out how to do it. Please walk me thru' the fix-I'm kinda simple. O'wise, I'm very pleased with it.

boof

#2 Post by boof »

I think the aufs-utils*.pet update installed a PS/2 mouse in addition to the synaptic touchpad on my laptop.

today, with a new thumbdrive and clean install, all is fine again. the only update I haven't tried is the aufs-utils*.pet one.

do I really need it, & does it need some work?, or am I just wrong again?

boof

variant

#3 Post by boof »

last night my touchpad loosened a little in its mount, and since then the problem has returned. /etc/X11/xorg.conf has again picked up the PS/2 mouse---

I had major problems when I edited a file about this last time. Please advise where I can edit a file to ignore mouse open circuits. I'm unwilling to dismantle laptop ATM to fix fault, How to remove PS/2 driver?

this APPEARS to be the relevant code in xorg.conf

{
# With this, Xorg won't talk to HAL to add evdev devices and you'll be back
# with the old Xorg behavior (pre-7.4)...

Option "AutoAddDevices" "false"

# For no-Hal, kirk also suggests this...

# Option "AllowMouseOpenFail" "true"
}

I'm not sure how to modify this code-I really only want to use this USB stick on one computer, so a customized install is no problem.
I just want one mouse driver [synaptic], even if it occasionally disconnects.

npierce

#4 Post by npierce »

boof wrote:I tried to adjust the touchpad config, but couldn't work out how to do it.
Don't feel bad. The flsynclient shipped with Slacko 5.3.3 cannot handle the full range of acceleration used by recent versions of the synaptics driver. You need to use synclient.

In a terminal window, enter this command:

Code: Select all

synclient AccelFactor=0.04
If you then run flsynclient, you will see the new Acceleration value displayed. DO NOT try to adjust it, just click Save, and the new value will be saved so that it can be restored on every boot.

There is nothing magical about 0.04, so try other nearby values if 0.04 doesn't give you the desired acceleration. But the 0.01 limit of flsynclient isn't enough for most folks using recent drivers.

boof

#5 Post by boof »

THANK YOU!!!! Well Fixed! BTW I did re mount my touchpad.

npierce

#6 Post by npierce »

You're welcome.

Thanks for reporting the problem in the first place: Looking into your problem led to the discovery of a couple of bugs (http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 215#658215). In your case, I don't know if you ran xorgwizard, but if you did it is probably what first caused the problem to happen for you.