SlimBoat browser

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
OscarTalks

#121 Post by OscarTalks »

Version 1.1.54 uploaded.
Seems to be just a fix of the YouTube downloader (again).
http://smokey01.com/OscarTalks
Oscar in England

Pelo

Slimboat default browser on ASRI edu (precise 5.7.1)

#122 Post by Pelo »

see french forum for info about how Slimboat runs. Click the blue !

ASRI Edu is a popular Puppy in France, and Slimboat satisfies Pupils and teachers.

Pelo

SFR cloud & Google Drive

#123 Post by Pelo »

SFR cloud does not allow Slimboat to upload Files to my Cloud.
Google drive Itou. (the same)
Changed user agent to Firefox. Nothing Better :cry:
Slimboat is a nice Qt browser that was enough for me On Precise Puppy ASRI edu.
Attachments
ASRI.jpg
ASRIEDU made Slimboat as default browser
(75 KiB) Downloaded 707 times

OscarTalks

#124 Post by OscarTalks »

Development of SlimBoat browser appears to have ended so it looks like 1.1.54 will be the last version. As time passes, we can expect certain websites and features to stop working. It is always a good idea to have more than one browser. Other "mainstream" browsers can easily be installed in /mnt/home ouside of my savefile and fired up if I need them. For me, SlimBoat remains the one that I use the most on low RAM machines and I reckon it will be useful for some time yet.

The developers (FlashPeak) have now diverted all their efforts into their SlimJet browser which is based on Chromium/Blink engine.
Oscar in England

Pelo

No news about newer version ?

#125 Post by Pelo »

slimboat-1.1.54-i386.sfs: 21 M at home. No news about newer version ?

MOLX

#126 Post by MOLX »

@Pelo:
OscarTalks wrote:Development of SlimBoat browser appears to have ended so it looks like 1.1.54 will be the last version.
But there is a link for slimjet here: http://smokey01.com/OscarTalks/slimjet- ... d-link.txt

Cheers,
Médor.

Pelo

Test Puppy-Jessie with slimboat

#127 Post by Pelo »

Puppyjessie is born without a browser. I choose slimboat to browse because it's light enough, with Qt libs that allow to run some Qt Applications, and reads videos You Tube, goes to Facebook without asking authorization.
Slim Jet ? yes , why not but i am used to run old stuff on my old computer. Test Puppy-Jessie, the brand new 6.4.0 is enough.
Icone browser on the desktop does not launch Slimboat in spite of i declared it as default browser.
another Topic about Slimboat
Attachments
Slimboat.jpg
(38.72 KiB) Downloaded 406 times

Pelo

change criteria "Strict" to "Off "

#128 Post by Pelo »

Google is not included in Slimboat. Duck duck go is not so good but you can improve it if you change criteria "Strict" to "Off " if your dad an Mam agree on it of course :!:
Attachments
carreblanc.jpg
(39.1 KiB) Downloaded 224 times