Touchpad - ACER Aspire One

For drivers and kernel modules.
SteveM

Touchpad - ACER Aspire One

#1 Post by SteveM »

I'm not sure whether this is a driver problem or not...

When I boot my ACER Aspire One then more often than not it comes up with the touchpad disabled. If I hold down the Fn button and press the key to enable the touchpad twice then the touchpad comes on.

Interestingly, if the pad were switched off then I'd only need to press the button once. Pressing it twice turns it off and then on again.

Any suggestions as to how to get this to boot up with the touchpad always on?

I know it's no great hardship to use this function button, but the machine belongs to my mother who is 87 and likely to get confused about it.

I have tried to persuade her to use a mouse (and that is always active) but she's stubborn and prefers the touchpad (whilst the mouse is hidden away in a cupboard somewhere - maybe she's afraid her cat will demolish it :lol:).

Ted Dog

#2 Post by Ted Dog »

have same issue with most all puppylinux versions after 4 series. So I use a version from v4 series that bettter supports acer one.

bigpup

#3 Post by bigpup »

What version of Puppy are you using?
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

greengeek

#4 Post by greengeek »

Are all the settings in FlSynclient the same as you set them on previous boot? ie: are those settings changing somehow?

Also - which Aspire one is it? Is it the netbook?

peterw

Acer Aspire One Touchpad

#5 Post by peterw »

Hi

I have an Acer Aspire One series netbook Model ZG5. I don't have any problem with my touch pad. I can switch it on and off with the command Fn + F7. At the moment it has Slacko 5.6.0 on it and LXLE Ubuntu on it. I have had various Puppies on it. I don't think your problem is Operating System related. It may well be a hardware issue.

Some years ago I had to strip it down and clean the touch pad because (as I remember it) it stopped responding. It may have been the contacts on the connector. This does not sound like your problem since the trouble I had then was more dramatic than yours appear to be.

Hope this helps

peterw