Nautilus on TahrPup 6.0.2

Filemanagers, partitioning tools, etc.
m698322h

Nautilus on TahrPup 6.0.2

#1 Post by m698322h »

Good morning,

I am new to PuppyLinux. I need to install Nautilus or another similar file browser that has the option to look at network entities that contain shares (mostly windows).

I installed Puppy, got it booted, and tried to install Nautilus from Puppy Package Manger. It installed it but the "Network" option and other options such as trash has a little x through the icon. If I click on the network icon it pretty much states sorry it cannot connect to the network (I can ping yahoo and devices on my network from puppy just fine).

How can I get Nautilus working? I do not want a bloated OS. This box will only run one piece of backup software constantly. The backup software works fine but a decent file browser would be great.

Thank you

Pelo

if you accept to run a precise Puppy with Nautilus,

#2 Post by Pelo »

Wouah, what an interest in Nautilus ! Nobody to help ? if you accept to run a precise Puppy with Nautilus, there are some.
I just have some problems with Osmo, some users complains this Precise does not boot here
announcement, 5.2.72 (PAE-kernel, Radeon-KMS).
Puppies Gnome are not many, one was 'petits-pois' by a young and talentuous Puppy Builder, Jejy 69 here
I Think there has been no Puppy with Nautilus until 2012 ,
Attachments
Precise.png
this Precise Puppy is dated 2012
(138.71 KiB) Downloaded 450 times
Last edited by Pelo on Fri 13 May 2016, 18:15, edited 1 time in total.

Pelo

Our user was looking for nautilus,

#3 Post by Pelo »

Our user was looking for nautilus, nobody could answer, even negative
:evil: Gentlemen i speak french, but i shout never Puppy linux does not get an answer !
views 402 !

starhawk

#4 Post by starhawk »

Nautilus from GNOME2 (and its successor Caja from MATE) can work in Puppy -- but whenever you unmount a drive it crashes Nautilus/Caja and so all such windows close.

Nobody has figured out a solution. Perhaps you know something? ;)

Pelo

Nautilus has no crashed yet.

#5 Post by Pelo »

Puppy Linux Precise Gnome 5.2.72 is activted since yesterday on my laptop, Nautilus has no crashed yet.
I am not fond of thes file managers as thunar, nautilus, PCmanFM, but some people, often coming from UBUNTU, can't live without.
A crash would be possible ? well noticed Starhawk.
Gnome desktop is really 'classe', better, perhaps no, but different. I keep in my kennel Triton Mate too, produced in France. That changes me of the unique desktop released in the prodution lines of Puppy Linux LTD
Old Puppies (2012). I'm old too, much older.

peebee

Re: Nautilus on TahrPup 6.0.2

#6 Post by peebee »

m698322h wrote:....another similar file browser that has the option to look at network entities that contain shares (mostly windows). ....
LxPupTahr has PcManFM that will do this for you.
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

starhawk

#7 Post by starhawk »

...as will X-Pups from rg66, which use XFCE/Thunar instead of JWM/ROX.