How to give useful feedback??

Booting, installing, newbie
Tote

How to give useful feedback??

#1 Post by Tote »

I've been using Puppy for eight or nine months and it's just occurred to me that I don't know how to give decent feedback to the guys who put out the new versions. :oops:

Where do you get the information that you see the long-time users post in their feedback? Can I run something on my Puppy and copy and paste the relevant stuff in the appropriate thread?

What do they need to know? Is there a thread anywhere about this? My usual opinion, ie, 'this is nice, I like it a lot', probably isn't a lot of use to anyone.

Any pointers?

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

For starters, you could tell us about your system (how much RAM, for instance) and how you're using Puppy (full install, frugal install, multisession DVD, etc.)

bigpup

#3 Post by bigpup »

Some good info here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=1097
Where do you get the information that you see the long-time users post in their feedback? Can I run something on my Puppy and copy and paste the relevant stuff in the appropriate thread?
menu->System->System Status and Config->
There are several info programs, you can run, to get information about computer.
There are specific commands that can be run in a console, put they are specific to the type of problem you have. Hard to say which one would be good in general to use.

The best help is be detailed in describing a problem.
You do what?
You see what?
You are the eyes we are the brain.
We only know what you tell us! :shock: :D :wink: :) 8)
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

Karl Godt

Re: How to give useful feedback??

#4 Post by Karl Godt »

Tote wrote:I've been using Puppy for eight or nine months and it's just occurred to me that I don't know how to give decent feedback to the guys who put out the new versions. :oops:

What do they need to know? Is there a thread anywhere about this? My usual opinion, ie, 'this is nice, I like it a lot', probably isn't a lot of use to anyone.

Any pointers?
:D

Can not believe it ! Puppy Linux must be inconvenient, otherwise the forum would be nearly empty .

As a long-term-user it might be also a good idea to post in the User's Section since this is your 36th post .

It is often not so easy to track back the original forum thread for the Puppy Version , Project or Derivate one is using . 01micko made it right to put the
development
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/index.php?f=34
announcement
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/index.php?f=9
bug
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/index.php?f=10
sections .
( slacko )

Don't know for other Puppies ( Lupu anymore ) .

I would post into the appropriate thread in the announcement section .

Tote

#5 Post by Tote »

Thank you all for the pointers and links. I think if I had 200 posts I'd still feel like a new user, so much of it goes way over my head. :roll:

If I'm really stuck for an answer I usually trawl through the appropriate thread or do a search, I can usually figure it out eventually, and I like trying to find the answer for myself.

I see when others give feedback they include what seems to be a list gathered from their OS, so I went exploring and now I see where they get the information from I 'should' be able to give more useful feedback when the time comes.

Thanks again. :D