Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 02 Aug 2014, 03:03
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Beginners Help ( Start Here)
Additional Software Forum: Know it, Use it, Help with it
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
mikeslr

PostPosted: Mon 03 Sep 2012, 12:42    Post subject:  Additional Software Forum: Know it, Use it, Help with it  

Finding Additional Software. Puppy is free. But freedom has a price: that price is "taking responsibility." Puppy is a Do-Acracy. Each of us has the responsibility to do what he or she can. See my post about what you can do.
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=650188#650188.
Its short, (for me) and intentionally pithy.

mikesLr
canin

PostPosted: Wed 13 Feb 2013, 06:57    Post subject:  

hi mikeslr,

i have to admit, i had problems with understanding your post there.
my english isnt the best, so maybe my language skills add to my lack of knowledge about puppylinux and the murga fora.

am i right with summarizing like this?

all (including new) members should help with informations about the pets on the forum.

0) you can post in the forum-index-thread, when the software isnt listed there.
1) when you downloaded and tried a pet, and it works: leave a comment in the original thread.
2) when it doesnt work, leave a comment in the original thread. maybe also with posting missing libs, failure messages, symptoms and your puppy version.
3) when you found the software somewhere else, and it works, post a new thread about it, including which puppy version you are using.

ad 1) its nice to know, when a software works with a puppy version, several other puppy versions or a kernel version. everyone can be interested in additional software, hoping that it works in several or all puppy versions. it updates the thread and bumps it, making it easier to find for others.
ad 2) some developers may be interested to solve this problem. maybe its also very easy to solve the problem. so you will have the additional software, everyone else too! maybe a developer will compile a totally new build, which will work. everyone profits.
ad 3) reason 1 and 2 together! maybe you have found some very useful tool which works on many puppies.
ebisu

PostPosted: Fri 18 Jul 2014, 02:16    Post subject:  

Please delete this dead and useless sticky!

Useless threads finally go away, but this one stays on top and occupies valuable real estate. In fact stickies fill half of my screen before I get to the interesting stuff. Have mercy with owners of low resolution monitors!
Thanks.
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
 Forum index » House Training » Beginners Help ( Start Here)
Jump to: