how do I install pygame? [solved]

Using applications, configuring, problems
Saladin

how do I install pygame? [solved]

#1 Post by Saladin »

I'm on Precise 5.7.1. I have the devx installed, as well as python 2.7.3.

I've downloaded the tarball from the pygame site, but when I try to install it starts asking for dependencies, and I believe in the past I've spent an hour trying to track them all down and still not getting this thing to work. I figured it would be easier to find a pet package, so I searched for that, and most of the links are dead, but there was this. I think the file has the wrong extension -- it has a .gz extension, but when I change .gz to .pet, it seems to install just fine as a pet package, but it doesn't actually seem to install pygame. How can I fix this?
Last edited by Saladin on Thu 14 Jan 2016, 17:04, edited 1 time in total.

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Saladin, install "python-pygame" from PPM -- It's there!
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

Saladin

#3 Post by Saladin »

Oh, thank you. For some reason I didn't see it when I searched for "python" or "pygame", but it does show up when I search for "python-pygame".

Semme

#4 Post by Semme »

Saladin, all you had to do was visit their homepage and click the Ubuntu link to :wink: expose the pkgs *real* name.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<