Pmusic - loading album tracks in proper order (Solved)

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
dangfoo

Pmusic - loading album tracks in proper order (Solved)

#1 Post by dangfoo »

Hello...Pmusic is a very fine music player but I can't get tracks from album folders to load in the proper order. Is there a way to do this? Thank you for any help...dangfoo

rcrsn51

Re: Pmusic

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

dangfoo wrote:album folders
Please explain. Is this a folder of MP3's that you ripped off a CD or downloaded from somewhere?

dangfoo

Pmusic

#3 Post by dangfoo »

These are purchased mp3 albums with tags from various sources. The order that the tracks load in Pmusic seems random. The expected behavior based on other media players is for the tracks to load as ordered on the albums. Loading a folder into Pmusic directly from the file manager or importing it thru Pmusic DB has the same result. My current workaround in to open an album folder, hilite all the tracks , then click "open with Pmusic" which will load the tracks in the proper order. This is not a satisfactory long term soulution. I am running Slacko 5.7...Thank you in advance for your help...dangfoo

rcrsn51

#4 Post by rcrsn51 »

You will probably get better service if you post in the pMusic thread here.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#5 Post by Flash »

Copy Fast will solve your problem. Read the whole thread. It's not that long and it helps to know the history of an app. :)

zigbert

#6 Post by zigbert »

dangfoo
Yes I see the problem.
The question is how to sort the tracks.
Reading meta tag (track-number) is doable, but it will give a strange playqueue when folder contains more/other than an album, or if tags are missing.
To sort in alphabetic order is easy, but not always what we want, but I guess that is what you get when "open with Pmusic", so it might be the choice

Sigmund

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#7 Post by Flash »

Ah, I somehow got it into my head that dangfoo was talking about loading the tracks or files into an mp3 player. :oops:

dangfoo

Pmusic

#8 Post by dangfoo »

Thanks to everyone for your prompt and useful suggestions. I have discovered that if I right-click an album folder and select "mkplaylist" 3 files are created in the folder.. .m3u .asx and .pls. Sending one of these files to Pmusic loads the album in the proper order. I can also open the album folder in the Pmusic file browser and load the playlist file to the cue. While not quite as clean as simply selecting a folder it's a method I can live with to use such a fine application as Pmusic. I'm currently re-scanning my music folder adding tag info to the Pmusic DB. It's going to take a LONG time and I don't know if it will make a difference in the order of tracks but we'll see...For now I'll add playlists to folders as I use them. Thanks again to all...dangfoo