WANTED: LILO-package for puppy v4.21

Filemanagers, partitioning tools, etc.
Monson

WANTED: LILO-package for puppy v4.21

#1 Post by Monson »

Hi,
I would like to know if anybody ever made a lilo package for any puppy version?

Previously, I didn't need lilo as a puppy version, as all my installs of puppy were made into a working gentoo distro subdir, and lilo was installed to gentoo and with chroot from puppy to gentoo I was able to configure my additional puppy bootups. My multiboot system came with some puppy versions, some optional bootup config for gentoo and DOS and win98se installs.

But, my last 40gb hard drive died and my new drive kept loosing partitioned data, so I'm testing a bios fitting 8gb SDHC to test what possibly goes wrong.

Now, I'm in livecd puppy v421, saving to a pup_save-421 into /puppy421 of a partitioned 8gb SDHC card.

For all those grub fans out there: I want to stick to my favorite tool lilo. I don't want to argue about it in this thread. I don't want a discussion about grub or why it was implemented into puppy in this thread.

Now having cleared that, I really do need help to get my hands on a working lilo pet or pup to install it in this puppy v4.21.

Has anybody out there made a lilo package for puppy because he couldn't find it here or knows where to get a pet or pup of lilo, then please give me a link to it for downloading.

My system is to slow and has to little space to get it compiled, a Pentium I at 133MHz with 64mb RAM, a SWAP of nearly 256mb and a rest of about 6gb on the SDHC at the moment.

I've searched the forum, dotpups.de and ibiblio.org, but couldn't find any pup or pet for lilo.

So, any lilo pet or pup package out there anywhere?
[b]DE[/b]:Wer nicht wa:hlt, hat nichts zu melden/maulen. [b]EN[/b]:Those not voting have nothing to say/moan about.
Puppy 4.21; CD2HDD; AMD64 & X86. Slow: Laptop x86-PI@133MHz-64mb RAM (modded Puppy); Fast:Laptop AMD64X2@2.2GHz-4gb RAM.

joycesavio

#2 Post by joycesavio »

did you get one? If so, please can you post the download link?