Macpup 529

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
paule

Re: Non-PAE MacPup 529

#196 Post by paule »

ProgRob wrote:Like some others on here I have a laptop that needed a non-PAE version of MacPup. So I have created two non-PAE versions of MacPup 529 based on different kernels.

The first is based on kernel 3.2.32 which is the same kernel used in retroPrecise Puppy. You can download the iso from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/djk1052u6r9d0 ... 3.2.32.iso

As far as I can tell it works just like normal Macpup 529 except that it will run on a processor that does not support PAE. If it works for you then use this version.

However, for me, retroPrecise Puppy won't connect to the internet on the laptop that needed this (due to driver problems). So I also produced a version which used the kernel from Macpup 511 which is kernel 2.6.33.2. You can download this iso from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9vp0gg37ln1u ... 6.33.2.iso

Again, this seems to work fine with the one change that the save file uses a hyphen (-) rather than an underscore (_). Try this if the other version doesn't work.

I'm a bit new to all this so I may have made a mistake in re-engineering these but hopefully they will be useful to people. They seem to run fine for me.

Cheers,
Rob
Hi Rob,

I have downloaded both of these ISO's twice and burned them to disk, but when I try to boot from them I get the "Loading Stage 2...." message then they just hang. I know it is not a hardware issue as other ISO's burn and boot fine. I could really use these NON-PAE distros, so hope this issue can be fixed.

Thanks for the time and attention.

cheers, Paul

Pelo

It has been a long time without using Macpup 550

#197 Post by Pelo »

It has been a long time without using Macpup. I was deceived bay Macpup 529, PAE is useless either for new computeurs or old tagazous.
There are no applications that need more than 4GB in puppy collection
And PAE prevent Macpup 529 to run them.
I was stolen my Dell D505 on feb 2015, then iI Bought a Medion P7624 wich support PAE (i was ignoring this acronyme)
Reading this morning Macpup Forum, i learn that non Pae versions are available, so i will download one of them.
Link to french forum Chez Macpup...

Macpup 550
« on: August 21, 2013, 06:16:06 PM »

Pelo

real time in France is 19H05

#198 Post by Pelo »

Time setting Macpup 528 GMT +1 gives 20H05, real time in France is 19H05.
Where is the bug ?
Attachments
troufion.jpg
In the army now (theme loaded). Hardly Readable By usual Puppy's users
(71.59 KiB) Downloaded 249 times