Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 16 Dec 2017, 20:51
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Macpup 529
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 14 of 14 [198 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14
paule

PostPosted: Mon 20 Apr 2015, 10:37    Post subject: Re: Non-PAE MacPup 529  

ProgRob wrote:
Like some others on here I have a laptop that needed a non-PAE version of MacPup. So I have created two non-PAE versions of MacPup 529 based on different kernels.

The first is based on kernel 3.2.32 which is the same kernel used in retroPrecise Puppy. You can download the iso from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/djk1052u6r9d0yv/macpup_529_k3.2.32.iso

As far as I can tell it works just like normal Macpup 529 except that it will run on a processor that does not support PAE. If it works for you then use this version.

However, for me, retroPrecise Puppy won't connect to the internet on the laptop that needed this (due to driver problems). So I also produced a version which used the kernel from Macpup 511 which is kernel 2.6.33.2. You can download this iso from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9vp0gg37ln1u8i/macpup_529_k2.6.33.2.iso

Again, this seems to work fine with the one change that the save file uses a hyphen (-) rather than an underscore (_). Try this if the other version doesn't work.

I'm a bit new to all this so I may have made a mistake in re-engineering these but hopefully they will be useful to people. They seem to run fine for me.

Cheers,
Rob

Hi Rob,

I have downloaded both of these ISO's twice and burned them to disk, but when I try to boot from them I get the "Loading Stage 2...." message then they just hang. I know it is not a hardware issue as other ISO's burn and boot fine. I could really use these NON-PAE distros, so hope this issue can be fixed.

Thanks for the time and attention.

cheers, Paul
Pelo

PostPosted: Thu 29 Oct 2015, 02:28    Post subject:  It has been a long time without using Macpup 550
Subject description: Would Macpup 550 still be the last version ?

It has been a long time without using Macpup. I was deceived bay Macpup 529, PAE is useless either for new computeurs or old tagazous.
There are no applications that need more than 4GB in puppy collection
And PAE prevent Macpup 529 to run them.
I was stolen my Dell D505 on feb 2015, then iI Bought a Medion P7624 wich support PAE (i was ignoring this acronyme)
Reading this morning Macpup Forum, i learn that non Pae versions are available, so i will download one of them.
Link to french forum Chez Macpup...

Macpup 550
« on: August 21, 2013, 06:16:06 PM »

Pelo

PostPosted: Fri 06 Nov 2015, 14:08    Post subject: real time in France is 19H05  

Time setting Macpup 528 GMT +1 gives 20H05, real time in France is 19H05.
Where is the bug ?
troufion.jpg
 Description   In the army now (theme loaded). Hardly Readable By usual Puppy's users
 Filesize   71.59 KB
 Viewed   146 Time(s)

troufion.jpg

Page 14 of 14 [198 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: