Macpup 529

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
runtt21

#151 Post by runtt21 »

Agust originally did the Egypt theme for the leafers. We now have the version for macpup. The Egypt theme is now in the 529 folder on my macpup page. Enjoy !! :D

Karl Godt

#152 Post by Karl Godt »

I would also like to mention that last march 15th was the five year anniversary of the macpup project. Very Happy
Then I would like to congratulate !

Am running MP529 frugal PUPMODE=12 today to see if I could get xorgwizard to load the vesa driver instead of the intel one. Probably need to "options i915 modeset=0" it to achieve it.

For the XKB Module there I would like to mention to search for fbxkb .pet on the forum . That works quite fine .
I have something like this into /root/Startup

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
setxkbmap -rules xorg -model pc102 -layout us,de,dk,fr -variant "" -option grp:rwin_toggle,lv3:ralt_switch
which fbxkb && exec fbxkb
E17 tray behaves a little better when inserting a tray applet after e17 has configured as on Foxy3 . Am missing the recover xmessage menu a little bit for now to recognize when e17 loads an older whatever.cfg file .

Also have set mouse buttons to behave like in jwm to scroll from screen to screen :
Control Panel > Input > Mouse Buttons > Add > scroll down/up in the popup > Change to right/left Workspace + Check container .

[ * BTW Do you mean tourists as "leafers" ? Like the caravan of camels . Nevertheless, probably the first of the egypt themes i'll try. But today it is Moonlight-3 :) ]
«Give me GUI or Death» -- I give you [[Xx]term[inal]] [[Cc]on[s][ole]] .
Macpup user since 2010 on full installations.
People who want problems with Puppy boot frugal :P

runtt21

#153 Post by runtt21 »

I call my buddy Jeff and his gang the leafers cause they use a leaf as the symbol of their distro. :lol:

backi

#154 Post by backi »

Hey Karl Godt !

Want to ask you ..how you got your german keyboard working ?

Me from germany but cant get keybord working for german .

Any advice ? Thanks

Karl Godt

#155 Post by Karl Godt »

Example :
tail /root/.xinitrc from_some_other_Puppy _at_the_moment wrote:# rox -p /root/Choices/ROX-Filer/PuppyPin
#fi

#exec $CURRENTWM
#v2.11 GuestToo suggested this improvement...
which $CURRENTWM && exec $CURRENTWM
[ -x $CURRENTWM ] && exec $CURRENTWM
exec jwm

###END###
Put something like this above #exec $CURRENTWM

Code: Select all

setxkbmap -rules xorg -model pc102 -layout us,de -variant "" -option grp:rwin_toggle,lv3:ralt_switch
to be able to toggle at least using the right Win Key (not sure if Laptop has right Win Key -> -option grp:lwin )

Note : There seems to be a "bug" in Xorg detected by npierce some longer time ago, that disables the toggling if -layout de,us and I did not played with it much because somehow I always added de to the existing us layout in the xkbconfigmanager, which always made us first , but the few times I played with it, npierce was right.

Note about xkbconfigmanager : It writes into the existing /etc/X11/xorg.conf , which would lose it's changes every time new Chip or Monitor is detected . That's why I put it normally into /root/.xinitrc .

Note about remaster : Make sure, your changes in /root ( and /etc ) flush into it ( .hidden files obstacles) .

backi

#156 Post by backi »

Hi Karl Godt !
Can make german keyboard working by using Advanced xorg-Keyboard-configuration but it will not be saved .
Configuration also does not last after restarting xserver .
How to make it persistent ?

Karl Godt

#157 Post by Karl Godt »

Might be a feature of the new xorgwizard-automatic "crap" .

http://www.x.org/archive/X11R7.5/doc/man/man1/setxkbmap.1.html

Dunno much about setxkbmap other than to look into Dougal's code in /usr/local/apps how he does it .

R-S-H

#158 Post by R-S-H »

Hi.

I have downloaded MacPup 529 because of its beautiful Egypt-Theme. Before I began my work on LazY Puppy I did already try MacPup 525 which has worked fine on all of my Computers.

The 529 unfortunately has redraw problems on desktop and inside the rox windows - like all newer puppies I've tried until today.

Only about 60% of the upper desktop and window contents are visible and redraw works correctly.

The rest of the desktop and window contents are invisible!
PupSysInfo wrote:=== MONITOR/GRAPHICS ===
VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV34 [GeForce FX 5200] (rev a1)
oem: NVIDIA
product: GW-P/N@CVG431520LP0B4:0 GW-CLK@
Is there any solution for this redraw problems available?

RSH
[b][url=http://lazy-puppy.weebly.com]LazY Puppy Home
The new LazY Puppy Information Centre[/url][/b]

Karl Godt

#159 Post by Karl Godt »

# modprobe -l |grep nouveau
kernel/drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/nouveau.ko
# ls /etc/modprobe.d
alsa-base.conf apm.conf i915.conf puppy.conf
alsa.conf blacklist.conf nouveau.conf radeon.conf
# cat /etc/modprobe.d/nouveau.conf
options nouveau modeset=1 :?:
# find /usr -name "n*_drv.so"
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nouveau_drv.so

Seems not to have nv_drv.so on board . Have intel chip and my nvidia cards are ten years old and have not tested MP529 on the old boxes until now .

backi

#160 Post by backi »

HI RHS !

Ist zwar off -topic

aber wichtig.... gut das du das bringst
Freiheit für Mollath!!
http://www.br.de/nachrichten/mittelfran ... ments.html

Karl Godt

#161 Post by Karl Godt »

Buguletto:
Have altered /etc/fonts/local.conf and enabled the two commented parts . Firefox-14.0.1 looks nicer now .

EDIT: Current Slacko-5.5 has also enabled them, while Precise-5.4.3 and current Precise-5.5 still have them commented .
/EDIT
Last edited by Karl Godt on Sat 20 Apr 2013, 12:44, edited 1 time in total.

OscarTalks

#162 Post by OscarTalks »

R-S-H wrote: Is there any solution for this redraw problems available?
Hello R-S-H,

This is a "known issue" with the nVidia GeForce FX5200 graphics card and the nouveau driver.

The solution is to boot with puppy pfix=ram nouveau.noaccel=1

and/or edit the file /etc/modprobe.d/nouveau.conf to:-

options nouveau noaccel=1

see also here http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=85704

Another solution is to install the proprietary nVidia driver 173.14.37 from the nVidia website
Oscar in England

runtt21

#163 Post by runtt21 »

Oscar, Sir, thank you very much!!

R-S-H

#164 Post by R-S-H »

OscarTalks wrote:pfix=ram nouveau.noaccel=1
It works perfectly - thank you very much!

I have played a little with MacPup, actually given one complete day to play with it!

It is dangerous, really really dangerous!

It works pretty well and it looks fantastic, also it feels comfortable when using it.

The only things I've missed very much is the comfort of my LazY Puppy when trying to remaster the MacPup and of course LazY Puppy's ability and comfort of using SFS files and running them programs by the RunScripts.

So, I did refine a little the LazY Puppy Remaster Suite and also the SFS P.L.U.S. - after installing those Application-Suites I did made the first, now renamed, remaster of MacPup.

Current working title: LazY MacPup

Now, after a few remasters and one days work, it has the comfort of my current LazY Puppy 3 (private version) Main OS!

And now, Ladies and Gentlemen - I mean that - now it is REALLY DANGEROUS! In fact that much, that I've decided to use the MacPup in combination with the LazY Puppy Main Applications for a very special purpose, which I will explain now:

- since I have released the first LazY Puppy (5.2.8-4) I've installed it on usb flash drives and given them away from time to time (on birthdays etc. or just for fun). I will now change this behavior and will do this in the future with the "LazY MacPup"!

I hope, this will be allowed for me to do?

And also I would like to create a LazY MacPup Theme for this. Is there a MacPup Theme Builder available?

Thanks,

RSH
Attachments
image-1.jpg
My first MacPup-Derivative, WorkingTitle: LazY MacPup, showing LazY Puppy Remaster Suite and SFS P.L.U.S. RunScript Creator
(112.47 KiB) Downloaded 701 times
image-2.jpg
My first MacPup-Derivative, WorkingTitle: LazY MacPup, showing Audacity and Rosegarden
(119.71 KiB) Downloaded 669 times

backi

#165 Post by backi »

HI RHS !
Is your remastered MACPUP 5.2.9 or 5.2.8. ?
If 5.2.9 how did you solve make german keyboard working persistent ?

Anywhere downloadable ?
I like that enlightenment E17 desktop ...my favourite one .

Cheers

Lets not forget ..

Freiheit für Mollath[/size]

http://www.br.de/nachrichten/mittelfran ... g-100.html

R-S-H

#166 Post by R-S-H »

backi wrote:HI RHS !
Is your remastered MACPUP 5.2.9 or 5.2.8. ?
If 5.2.9 how did you solve make german keyboard working persistent ?

Anywhere downloadable ?
I like that enlightenment E17 desktop ...my favourite one .

Cheers

Lets not forget ..

Freiheit für Mollath[/size]

http://www.br.de/nachrichten/mittelfran ... g-100.html
Hi backi.

It is 525 and 529.

Currently I did not solved the german keyboard problem. Booting pkeys=de results in boot message 'loading de keyboard' (or similar) but doesn't have any effect for the keyboard layout.

Currently neither the 525 nor the 529 version is available to download.

I do like the e17 window manager as well but I like to have option to add icons to the desktop. So, LazY Puppy is still and will continue to be my main OS - at home and everywhere I can use it. From time to time I will use the LazY MacPup of course and do some work on it - if necessary.

We will see, if there will be a version to download, but I'm sure it will be a better starting point than LazY Puppy actually is, to bring some of my people to the fun of Puppy Linux. They do love the animated menus and stuff like that. LazY Puppy doesn't have this because I don't really need it. But (LazY) MacPup offeres these things without the need to do some extra work for this.

Currently I'm able to turn each and every Puppy (except FatDog by now) into a LazY Puppy whithin one single day - plus some time to work with it (and doing tests).

Mollath?!

This is really ugly. It's a shame such actions can be done in Germany nowadays. But this shows clearly the mind of all those who are negatively involved. It fits perfectly into the line of things happened over the last 10 or more years, like the National Sozialistischer Untergrund. We all do know who has founded government offices like German Polizei, Justiz, Bundesnachrichendienst, Bundeskriminalamt etc. It has been done by former members of NSDAP and/or SS etc.pp. So, I do believe, It is absolutely clear: these guys aren't well minded guys.

However, not to get too long on this off topic stuff, there is a fact, which is as ugly as well.

If an old German politician does make a "Alt-Herrenwitz" on a younger German Woman, there has been the "Aufschrei und Anti- Sexismus" movement with a lot of resonance in the German web.

Nobody makes "Aufschrei" for Mollath, because one has to face his own fears then - just by trying to think clearly on the facts in Mollath's case.

FREE MOLLATH!!

SEND THE RESPONSIBLE AND ACTING PERSONS TO THE HAGUE FOR INTERNATIONAL COURT!!!

backi

#167 Post by backi »

Hi everyone !

Can not get OpenShot working in 5.2.9 ......python problems

Any advice ?

Karl Godt

#168 Post by Karl Godt »

Uninstall python, recompile python . Ubuntu and Debian configure their python with many PYTHONPATH adjustments . If you install some python app from source and don't take that into account, the new */site-packages/app.egg would not be recognized .

runtt21

#169 Post by runtt21 »

backi , try this . boot into jwm , set you language and keyboard like you want them. Then open rox go to /usr/lib/enlightenment/modules in there move some place else or delete the xkbswitch folder then go back to e17. It will complain about missing a module and ask you to unload it. Do that and you should be good to go.

backi

#170 Post by backi »

Thanks runtt21

did what you adviced me to do ..

but changing to e17 again ..no complain about missing module..and changes
made in jwm where gone .
Going back to jwm again.... changes to my desired keyboard where made and still fixed .
After new startup changes in jwm are stable ..but in E17 dont remain .

ok so all the time i boot again into E17 i have to use "advanced keyboard configuration" and choosing german layout so i can use my keyboard as desired .
Not a big deal .