JWM menu icon size

Themes, icons, wallpapers, etc.
WiZard

JWM menu icon size

#1 Post by WiZard »

Running Puppy 4.31 and I use just an icon for the menu button and no label. I've been trying to make the menu button icon bigger in the taskbar without success. Here is what I have tried:

- making the icon image in the .png file bigger = no change
- reading the JWM configuation at http://joewing.net/projects/jwm/config.shtml#overview = can't find any tag to make icon bigger
- googled on "JWM make menu icon bigger" = no solutions
- searched the Puppy forums = no solutions
- look at contents of .jwmrc and jwmrc-tray files = no solution

Thanks to anyone who knows how to do this.

Keef

#2 Post by Keef »

Have you tried resizing the tray height?

rufwoof

#3 Post by rufwoof »

I have mine set to 160% all of the time,

Menu, Desktop, JWM Config, Tray Management, Tray Height.

I did have to adjust the drive icons to be higher up - but forget where I made that adjustment (seem to recall manually adjusting/editing a file to have a figure of something like a 66 offset for the drives).

Just found it - its in /etc/eventmanager, I changed ICON_PLACE_SPACING from 56 to 64

ICON_PLACE_SPACING=64 #56
Attachments
dt.png
(154.7 KiB) Downloaded 1138 times

WiZard

#4 Post by WiZard »

@Keef & rufwoof
That gets me a lot closer to the look I wanted. I also edited the .jwmrc-tray file and set border="0". My icon image file had a transparent background and I edited it to remove any extra top and bottom margins. The icon is now about 4 pixels smaller than the taskbar height. Ideally, it would be nice to get it to 100% of the taskbar height.

ruwoof, thanks for the ICON_PLACE_SPACING setting, I needed that for this as well as other issues I've had in the past when using wbar at the bottom of the screen. I also noticed in your screen shot that your applications that are running in the taskbar/tasklist are displaying the application icon only. Could you tell me how you set that parameter?

Thanks to both of you for your help.