How to send ID and PW to network printer in 64-bit Bionic 8?

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
rameshiyer

How to send ID and PW to network printer in 64-bit Bionic 8?

#1 Post by rameshiyer »

I was not able take printout from my Network printer. There is no prompt for ID and Password in my Bionic 8 (64bit). I don’t know the cause of the problem. Is it because of authentication issue or some other issue or both. In windows I have to provide department id and password for taking printout. The printer is secured by id and password. Without authentication i cannot take printout.

Even after my trail and error method, I didn't able to take any printout from my network printer.( Canon IR 4225)

The printer is a Canon IR (immage runner) Advance 4225 is connected to socket :\\192.168.1.28 and port No. 9100.

In Bionic, I can apparently add the printer and by searching for network printers. I have also installed v3.70 canon printer driver (deb. 64BIT)

The printer shows up, and I can apparently send it print jobs, and it reports having completed them. 

However, nothing prints.

I suspect this is because the printer requires an ID and password to print to it. E.g., when I print to the same printer from Windows, whenever I send it a print job, a box appears requesting my ID and password, and nothing similar happens here. I can't find anywhere to tell it to prompt me for that. and the option to "Authenticate" any job is never present. Is it required any another compatible Debian files.

I am required to take print out my network printer. Now I feel fish out of water. I cannot do more with my limited knowledge. Please help me with simple solutions. I would be grateful to all of you if i could take print out my network printer.

rameshiyer

Networking Printer

#2 Post by rameshiyer »

Regret to inform you that no support from Forum. The same problem hunting easyos also. No printer expert ?

bigpup

#3 Post by bigpup »

This is the main topic on printers.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=59015
Read carefully the first post.

It has information about all things printers and has links to specific methods depending on printer and type of connection.

Try following the information on networked printers.
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

rameshiyer

Network printer

#4 Post by rameshiyer »

As advised by https://wiki.debian.org/PrinterDriver/Canon/UFR-II

I need some 32lib support and also other libs.deb support. How to get the same

libc6-i386 libxml2:i386 lib32z1 libjpeg62:i386 libstdc++6:i386

how to add architecture- i386 and install ia32-libs-i386 etc.

rameshiyer

Network printer

#5 Post by rameshiyer »

As advised by https://wiki.debian.org/PrinterDriver/Canon/UFR-II

I need some 32lib support and also other libs.deb support. How to get the same

libc6-i386 libxml2:i386 lib32z1 libjpeg62:i386 libstdc++6:i386

how to add architecture- i386 and install ia32-libs-i386 etc.