Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 18 Oct 2019, 19:43
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
QtWeb super light browser - wishing pet
Page 3 of 3 [37 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Mike Walsh

PostPosted: Sun 13 Nov 2016, 21:25    Post subject:  

@belham2:-

belham2 wrote:
P.S. I don't know if this makes a difference, but Mistfire's X-slacko is 'i686' and I notice on your 3.8.5.pet it says 'i386'. I had always assumed anything that runs on i386 will always also run on a i686 system.

Um. TBH, that's just semantics on my part. I know for a fact that 'i386' refers to 32-bit compatible. Don't ask me what i486, i586 & i686 mean; I just labelled mine with what I understand. The label doesn't actually refer to anything specific, as far as I'm aware.....

Odd about your not being able to run 3.8.5. Slacko has the older 3.10 32 kernel, & glibc 2.15; mind you, I've just realised; I have GoogleEarth installed (which has the Qt4 libraries installed in the folder).....I wonder if that could be the difference?

Um. That could be what's doing it, yes indeedy. Yah, 'cos thinking about it, I also run GoogleEarth in X-Slacko 2.3.2 as well.....and, again, it's the same setup; QT libs included in the directory.....

Mike. Wink

Mike Walsh

PostPosted: Mon 14 Nov 2016, 20:19    Post subject:  

@PFan:-

Thanks for the tip about the html>xbel conversion. I've employed it with my own huge number of bookmarks, and it works, nicely.

Fortunately, it hasn't inverted everything in my case.....

Cheers.

Mike. Wink

kerl

PostPosted: Wed 23 Nov 2016, 11:49    Post subject:  

This is blazing fast on my desktop pc with winxp!!
Pity it does not work on latest Slacko 6.3
Please fix it!

Could anyone contact QtWeb's author to see if he'd want to keep updating this marvel? His approach is following the engine used by Safari. Dunno if Nokia's Qt is a special flavour of Qt library
OscarTalks

PostPosted: Wed 23 Nov 2016, 14:46    Post subject:  

kerl wrote:
This is blazing fast on my desktop pc with winxp!!
Pity it does not work on latest Slacko 6.3
Please fix it!

Could anyone contact QtWeb's author to see if he'd want to keep updating this marvel? His approach is following the engine used by Safari. Dunno if Nokia's Qt is a special flavour of Qt library

If I may interject, the "official" binary does not run in lots of Puppies including Slacko 6.3.0 and since it is pre-compiled it is not something which is easily "fixed" as such.

If you are keen to run QtWeb version 3.8.5 (build 108) one solution is to use the one mentioned here http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=88771&start=11 although I would recommend a few tweaks to the icons and .desktop file to make things appear in JWM windows and the Menu fully. This version appears to have been compiled from source by one of our Japanese friends in Puppy 431 so it will run in lots of Puppy variants. I notice that the binary is quite a bit larger than the "official" one from the website, but at least it does work. I have uploaded a tweaked package to http://smokey01.com/OscarTalks for now in case you would like to give it a try.

NOTE this version stores its data under /root/.config and NOT inside the directory where it lives.

The project appears to be discontinued but good luck to anyone wishing to try to revive or fork it.

kerl

PostPosted: Wed 23 Nov 2016, 16:04    Post subject:  

Oscar, Ta!!!!
Someone stop my bitch! she's got nuts and run like a greyhound Shocked
trister

PostPosted: Tue 28 Mar 2017, 05:37    Post subject:  

If anyone is interested,

I have made the original package to an SFS

QtWeb385Browser.squashfs https://1fichier.com/?p12stjlpjo

It runs fine in my 64bit debiandog system . It is the 32bit version just rename it to QtWeb385Browser.sfs and -with a bit of luck- it will run
Pelo

PostPosted: Tue 28 Mar 2017, 12:07    Post subject: QtWeb 3.8.4 included in Hungarian Slegopen explodes  

QtWeb 3.8.4 included in Hungarian Slegopen explodes when opening Facebook, security something. QTWeb 3.8.5 is welcome, and i will load SFS in my tool case.
Page 3 of 3 [37 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Jump to: