fatdog64 latest version

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
laxdawg

fatdog64 latest version

#1 Post by laxdawg »

hi, i'm a windows convert and have just installed fatdog64 latest edition to my hard drive after many false starts. i'ts brilliant and i'm amazed at it's powwer speed and massive list of software. i'm a newbie and knotw nthing about dos. dis and boot sys etc. so could someone explain in simple terms hw to stop the curser jumping around as i'm typing?
do i have to stop using the tap facility to do this? and just use the buttons either side of the mousepad?
also, i can't put my laptop into suspend mode. this may be something do do with the boot log/process as when i boot up i have to press the shift button on the list of options to choose in which mode fatgod will run in. hope this ouisn't too much and ycan u can read this with jumping cusor curse. thanks

smokey01

#2 Post by smokey01 »

You can toggle the mousepad on/off with one of the F-keys. I'm not sure which one though as I don't use my laptop very often.

Closing the lid should put it into suspend mode. Opening the lid may not un-suspend it though. On mine I just press the power button to get it going again.

laxdawg

suspend mode and mouse tapping

#3 Post by laxdawg »

hey, that's great, thanks, the shutting the lid trick works a treat, it does go into suspend mode and i found an f key to switch keypad off, it was driving me mad, huge relief, that's very helpful. i can turn the machine back on by just tapping the on/off switch.
by the way, is it normal for the machine on boot up to give me a list of options? i have installed to hard disc, i don't really mind this happening, just wondered if it is a problem where i didn't install it correctly, it took me about eight attempts. thanks for your help

Atle

#4 Post by Atle »

Could we please share our discoveries? What F key does what?

My FatDog spinnoff seems to be doing fine when the lid i closed. Nothing happens except i need to restart the WpaGUI.

FatDog is awsome.

atle

laxdawg

#5 Post by laxdawg »

well, f3 brings up a 'look for in page' dialogue box, i think F5 brings up a murga linux search (not sure what that is) F8 brings up the 'file' menu in firefox. F9 does the trackpad jiggle thing. that's all i know,